ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Wrestling Lineup Projections through 2021

Dec 18, 2015
Lineup Projections

Congratulations to Hawkeye Nation on landing Spencer Lee and Gavin Teasdale.

I took a crack at how your lineup might shake out on the linked Google Sheet. Feel free to download it to EXCEL and tweak the lineups however you please.

Regarding the abundance of lightweights, I made an assumption that some would have growth spurts and chose Renteria and Teasdale as the likely candidates over Wagner, Mejia, and Lee.

The only weight where you seem to be lacking long-term is 197 so I took the liberty of inserting Blair Academy's Chase Singletary as filler.

Enjoy.

Thanks for the lineup. Really fun to play around with the weights but my biggest question is where Sammy Brooks will be next year. What happens in the offseason is key and I think they should decide whether he moves up or not now rather than later so he can put on good weight over the offseason. Might be better for the team if brooks bumps up to 197 but might be better for brooks to stay at 184. It will be interesting to see how that shakes out bc it would affect 157, 165, 174, 184 and 197.

If it's better for Brooks to be at 184, then that's where he stays. This program has always been about the individual's best interest. The whole team concept is one other programs use. TnT would never make an individual "sacrifice" for the betterment of the team.

If it's better for Brooks to be at 184, then that's where he stays. This program has always been about the individual's best interest. The whole team concept is one other programs use. TnT would never make an individual "sacrifice" for the betterment of the team.

agree completely and I think he is probably better off at 184 and bump everyone down and redshirt kaleb young, but maybe he was waiting for Burak to graduate so he could go to 197 (I doubt it but maybe)

So many guys in the stable to be working with the next few years, really the only needs we have are 184/197. The only wishlist I have left is Berge, and Warner.

At 125-141
Top 100 Turk Class of 15
Wagner Class of 16
Rathbun Class of 16
Top 30 *Happel Class of 16
#1 Lee Class of 17
Top 20 Mejia Class of 17
Top 50 Renteria Class of 17
Top 3 Teasdale Class of 18

149-157
Top 30 Sorensen Class of 13
Top 10 Kemerer Class of 15
Top 30*Happel Class of 16
Top 20 Troy Class of 17

165-174
Top 100 Paddock Class of 14
Top 3 Marinelli Class of 16
Top 30 Young Class of 16
(Hopefully) Top 10 Berge Class of 17

184-197
Top 100 Wilcke Class of 15
Holloway Class of 15
(Hopefully) Top 10 Warner Class of 17

Top 20 Stoll Class of 14
Top 50 Bradley Class of 13 (has +2 years of eligibility on Stoll though)

Am i missing some people?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT