ADVERTISEMENT

Is it time we have physical health exams for SCJ?

We need a Constitutional Amendment to make any changes.

I'd favor mandatory retirement at 80. I'd also favor forcing retirement if the Justice will be out for 6 weeks during a term.

RBG_Weekend_At_Ginsburgs.jpg

No age limit, but cap max term on Court at 18 years. Apply to any future justices.

Only if applied to Congress and Executive branch and only if a diagnosis of Dementia Alzheimer’s was an immediate DQ.

She isn't going to make it and if Trump still has the option of running in 2020 this will be a huge part of campaign. The question will be if republicans will try to jam someone through if/when she kicks the bucket prior to the election.

Reactions: unIowa
And if Trump is going to get three he had better hope RBG dies soon. Trump won't make it past summer.

I think both Trump and Pence are quite fond of Amy Coney Barrett. You best hope is President Pelosi.

I think both Trump and Pence are quite fond of Amy Coney Barrett. You best hope is President Pelosi.

Yup, and the Dems pushed Barrett out front with their treatment of Kavanaugh in the hearings. It will be harder for Dems to be pulling sexual assault accusers out of the woodwork when a woman is nominated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT