ADVERTISEMENT

Supreme Court sets Trump immunity claim in D.C. trial for April 25

maybe, but Trump has been pulling out all the stops to delay. He might have been able to drag this out regardless.

would you agree the SC could have acted quicker as well?
The SC could have acted quicker.

It’s a “rush” now because Garland procrastinated for over a year.

Why? A man running for election for POTUS who is facing 91 criminal counts is claiming he has absolute immunity…with multiple trials pending due to this appeal.

With the election just months away this seems like a good time to expedite. We know they’re capable of moving quickly when they want to.
If you can't see the difference, I can't help you. The question has been adjudicated (correctly IMO) through the Circuit Court, which is the process for most situations. Why do you care how long it takes? It's being expedited by SCOTUS standards.

If you can't see the difference, I can't help you. The question has been adjudicated (correctly IMO) through the Circuit Court, which is the process for most situations. Why do you care how long it takes? It's being expedited by SCOTUS standards.
I care because to me it's kind of important these trials be resolved before the election - wouldn't you agree?

SC could have easily moved on this immunity question 3 months ago when Smith asked them to rule on this. They said no.

you saying they expedited by their standards is...they could have moved much sooner than this.

It's being expedited by SCOTUS standards.
No

It is not.

Jack Smith attempted to get straight to them; they refused.
Lower court issued a comprehensive ruling, which requires no further review (because there really are no Constitutional issues in play). SC went right along with the delay tactic, rather than simply affirm that ruling by passing here.

Smith- "On Trump's view, criminal immunity would shield not only a President who sold documents that contained classified information to an adversary while President; but also one who designated classified documents 'personal,' took them with him after his Presidency, and then arranged for their sale and delivery after leaving office so long as he initially took the documents while he was President."

Jack Smith would not use the wording of "sale and delivery" of classified documents unless he had Trump cold busted for doing exactly that. This is the second time Smith has used the selling docs example. Smith has already said he knows why Trump took the docs and what he was doing with them. You can take it to the bank that Smith has Trump nailed for "sale and delivery" of classified docs.

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT