ADVERTISEMENT

Is McCabe histoire???

Lone Clone

HR King
May 29, 2001
Grassley says he ought to be axed. Gowdy says he doesn't expect him to still be on the FBI payroll next week.

What say you, HROT observers?

1395702368010-D5-20140320-NEWS01-403200801-11.jpg

I'm reminded of the line from Die Hard, "We're gonna need more FBI guys". Trump is going to sack the whole place.
I'm also reminded of a line from Colin Powell's biography. He spoke of taking a flight to some base where he and 50 other colonels were going to be minted as generals. Some guy stood up and told them if the plane went down they'd just take the next 50 colonels and make them generals. I don't think Trump understands how things work, but, as I have mentioned I think he's a feral dog. Just scratching by day to day.

Do Grassley and Gowdy have actual reasons for saying this?
Yes. You may not think their reasons are compelling, but they are actual. One reason is something that a lot of people have been concerned about for a couple of years: He didn't recuse himself from the Hillary probe despite his wife taking over $700K in campaign funds from longtime Clintonite Terry McAuliffe.

McCabe was interviewed for 7 hours by a House committee today, and the committee immediately began preparing subpoenae for a number of people. McCabe is scheduled to talk with a Senate committee later this week.

Last edited:
Yes. You may not think their reasons are compelling, but they are actual.
Grassley is a doddering old fool, and Gowdy has never met a shot at publicity he would turn down. Those aren't compelling reasons. Calling them actual is an exercise in semantics.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Good grief. So everyone in D.C. whose wife has taken contributions must be investigated and fired? When will they get to Judge Thomas? That's not the standard and has never been the standard.

Interesting that all of a sudden this is important news requiring an 8 hour hearing after being known for several years.

The hypocrisy of the GOP knows no bounds.

Good grief. So everyone in D.C. whose wife has taken contributions must be investigated and fired? When will they get to Judge Thomas? That's not the standard and has never been the standard.

Interesting that all of a sudden this is important news requiring an 8 hour hearing after being known for several years.

The hypocrisy of the GOP knows no bounds.
Yeah, when your wife takes close to a million bucks from the Clinton organization, you shouldn't be taking part in an investigation of the Clintons.

And that didn't come out of the hearing. That's why I said it had been a matter of concern for a couple of years. Luke asked why Grassley and Gowdy would want McCabe gone, and I offered one of the likely reasons.

Today's hearing was closed, and I haven't seen any leaks yet (it's still early) so I don't know what was discussed. I would imagine most of it had to do with other things involved in the Hilton and Trump investigations.

Yeah, when your wife takes close to a million bucks from the Clinton organization, you shouldn't be taking part in an investigation of the Clintons.

And that didn't come out of the hearing. That's why I said it had been a matter of concern for a couple of years. Luke asked why Grassley and Gowdy would want McCabe gone, and I offered one of the likely reasons.

So I assume you believe that same standard should apply if your wife takes money and makes a living lobbying against Obamacare and other issues that have been and will be decided by your husband and 8 other Justices?

Can't have it both ways LC.

So I assume you believe that same standard should apply if your wife takes money and makes a living lobbying against Obamacare and other issues that have been and will be decided by your husband and 8 other Justices?

Can't have it both ways LC.
That's a good point. I think there's reason for concern about the appearance, at the very least.

Reactions: lucas80
Of course not. This Republican witch hunt against the FBI in an attempt to undermine the Rule of Law and undermine our law enforcement and intelligence agencies is beyond despicable, and borders on treason.
See, this just enforces the fact that Ciggy is a clown. A blind one at that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT