ADVERTISEMENT

Is MSU's board melting down as bad as this one?

Here's the difference:

2013: Michigan State goes 13-1 with a Rose Bowl win
2014: Michigan State goes 11-2 with a Cotton Bowl win
2015: Michigan State goes 12-2 with a CFP trip

I have no idea why Michigan State is having such a horrible year but this season is definitely an anomaly in the MD era.

Here's the difference:

2013: Michigan State goes 13-1 with a Rose Bowl win
2014: Michigan State goes 11-2 with a Cotton Bowl win
2015: Michigan State goes 12-2 with a CFP trip

I have no idea why Michigan State is having such a horrible year but this season is definitely an anomaly in the MD era.
Nah those successful years are the anomaly, now that Michigan is back. Just ask bitter Michigan and Ohio State fans......

But as far as the OP.....in the sense that MSU fans have given up, yes, it is worse. They're done with this season.

But they're not all calling for the coaches' heads....yet. Iowa fans have been doing that since 2006.

Nah those successful years are the anomaly, now that Michigan is back. Just ask bitter Michigan and Ohio State fans......

But as far as the OP.....in the sense that MSU fans have given up, yes, it is worse. They're done with this season.

But they're not all calling for the coaches' heads....yet. Iowa fans have been doing that since 2006.

Well, when you have had 11 or more wins 5 out of the last 6 seasons I'm guessing even if Michigan State won the rest of their games the season would still be considered a disaster to the fans.

Big difference.

I do remember the grumbling about Ferentz's job after 2006, which was ridiculous. But I do think in many cases some coaches stay in one spot way too long. But, with the amount of money Gary Barta keeps shoveling at Ferentz, he would have been a fool to leave. Seriously. Name any other P5 job where you get a multi-million dollar life contract for producing two double-digit win seasons in a twelve year span.

The answer: There are none.

I've gone to a couple MSU sites, and the very same things being spewed here are being spewed there. They are calling for Dantonio's head in some cases, but many definitely want the entire staff wiped out.

There's a small vocal bunch wanting Fleck to be hired there...but abject anger and hatred pretty much rule the day.

Fan forum posters are all the same really in my book. A third want to literally tar and feather the coaches, a third merely want change, a third support the coaches...each no matter if the team is winning or losing.

Finding objective, reasoned analysis out of posters is damn near impossible. That is about the only truth in it all.

They are in rebuild mode, didnt expect 2-5, but this was a rebuilding year for them. Iowa is not in rebuild mode this year, returned a ton of guys and really had a chance to build momentum from last year and are falling flat on their faces.
MSU lost 14 seniors and returned 12 starters. Iowa lost 13 Seniors and returned 12 starters. Iowa has 8 senior starters this year, while MSU has 13. Rebuilding year for them, but not for us?

I think Michigan St fans realize that the window has closed. They had a great ride, but I guess it's safe to say that "order has been restored" in the State of Michigan. Western Michigan's season probably doesn't help matters.

Honestly, I've never seen boards that melt down as hard as ours do. And I've visited a ton of them. After big losses.

They are in rebuild mode, didnt expect 2-5, but this was a rebuilding year for them. Iowa is not in rebuild mode this year, returned a ton of guys and really had a chance to build momentum from last year and are falling flat on their faces.
DING DING DING!!!! It's all about a QB and we were supposed to have one of the best in the country

Reactions: haightt
I think Michigan St fans realize that the window has closed. They had a great ride, but I guess it's safe to say that "order has been restored" in the State of Michigan. Western Michigan's season probably doesn't help matters.
It's just crazy how AWFUL they are this year though. They shouldn't be feeling it this bad this soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT