ADVERTISEMENT

Is Praying for Someone's Death a Christian Approved Activity?

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
Or, have the Christians aligned themselves with false prophets and fraudsters?

Boebert Again Prays For President Biden’s Death​

The Huffington Post reports:

Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) has, again, appeared to pray for the demise of President Joe Biden. In a sermon streamed by the Storehouse Dallas church in Texas over the weekend, Boebert preached politics to attendees, repeating comments that attracted fierce backlash last June. “Joe Biden’s president. We don’t know what to do, Lord!” Boebert said. “It’s all right, we pray for our presidents. You know, it says, ‘Let his days be few and another take his office.’” The audience was heard laughing after the remark.
Read the full article.

Longtime JMG readers will recall that Psalm 109, known as an “imprecatory prayer,” was regularly used by Christians against President Obama.

The Christian site Got Questions notes that such prayersare meant to “invoke evil upon or curse one’s enemies.”

Psalm 109 reads, in part:

Let his days be few; and let another take his office. Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow. Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places. Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labor. Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favor his fatherless children.

• Wow
Reactions: h-hawk and lucas80

Read the full article.

Longtime JMG readers will recall that Psalm 109, known as an “imprecatory prayer,” was regularly used by Christians against President Obama.

The Christian site Got Questions notes that such prayersare meant to “invoke evil upon or curse one’s enemies.”

If you’re able to support us in monitoring the right wing, please consider a retweet and a small donation. Your support is always appreciated.

Boy is Chis missing out. He could be getting donations for all of his hard work obsessing over the GOP.

Read the full article.

Since Christ specifically said to pray for your enemies. If this guy believes Biden is his enemy, then he should pray in earnest.

Matthew 5: 3-46: “You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy. ' But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven.

The more and more I see garbage like this, the more I empathize with Muslims who have to watch Jihadists tarnish their faith.

Last edited:
Since Christ specifically said to pray for your enemies. If this guy believes Biden is his enemy, then he should pray in earnest.

Matthew 5: 3-46: “You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy. ' But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven.

The more and more I see garbage like this, the more I emphasize with Muslims who have to watch Jihadists tarnish their faith.
I pray this is a WOB and not a typo/autofill.

Read the full article.

Barely any of those folks follow WWJD. Fake Christians.

Read the full article.

No it's not, but it also reminds me of the father of a teenage boy who was "preyed upon" by his hot teacher a few years back, who said in a statement to the media that their family will "defeat her"............

Point being, people say stupid sh** all the time.

for most people just saying you're christian is more than enough; a lot of christian people don't act very christianly.

Boebert wants that popularity bump from her voter base more than she wants to get into heaven.

Not in my view.

That doesn't seem in line with loving your enemies.
I appreciate you on this board, so don't take this the wrong way, but one of the biggest problems is when people view someone of a different party an enemy to begin with.
People who want to overthrow the government, fine, They can check out early. I don't care. But, I don't ever go to be praying for Mitch McConnell to be harvested.

Seems like OP has an issue with Christians, and takes every opportunity to conflate individual behavior with the all Christians.

Nobody should be praying for anyone's death, even though there are some people who deserve it.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
Biden is probably safe-if Hitler, Stalin, Mao etc can survive the prayers while they were in power doing evil, then Biden has nothing to worry about.
I do think people like this are the exception to should not be praying about others to die.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT