ADVERTISEMENT

Is this team fresh and well rested?

Need to hold the home court. That gets little Iowa back to the round of 64. Win just one road game, and they will be hard, and we're safely in with a 6.

Time for some B12 boys.

After several games with mostly 3 days between them, the 5 day gap until @IN is going to seem like a month to them. They need it.

religion-seventh-day-god-heaven-genesis-ttrn48_low.jpg

I think we can just assume now that the physical stamina of the team is directly correlated to the outcome of every game.

Loss = tired

Win = Fresh

That makes sense right?

I think at this point in the season everyone is dealing with some type of fatigue.

But if the point of your post is that IowaHawkeyeFBnBB4Life is an idiot, I concur.

I think the stamina/rest argument is simultaneously relevant but overplayed at the same time. Purdue blitzed Iowa out of the gate and Iowa never really got into the game. Iowa played with an edge on Saturday against Nebraska and as a result got a rare chance to sit starters for much of the second half. That's not a small thing, especially for Garza with all the physical play he's demonstrated all year long.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Hopefully in a small way the 2 back to back blow outs will give us the rest we need. No one played over 58 minutes in the last 2 games combined.

that will give us a 10 day stretch with no one playing more than 58 minutes. That is from after Illinois to Indiana game. That may help the legs a bit??????

All starters except JoeT have played between 29 and 32 minutes this year. JoeT has played 18 minutes. Pemsl has played 12. So we bump the starters, Kriener and Bakari up by 1.5 minutes a game, and Pemsl is covered. There have been recent games where JoeW played 38 minutes and Garza and CJF also high numbers, so I think we can be ok if no more injuries or too many fouls.

I think at this point in the season everyone is dealing with some type of fatigue.

But if the point of your post is that IowaHawkeyeFBnBB4Life is an idiot, I concur.

Yeah , I think the sarcasm was a little to subtle upon second look. Not my best work.

Glad somebody got it.

All starters except JoeT have played between 29 and 32 minutes this year. JoeT has played 18 minutes. Pemsl has played 12. So we bump the starters, Kriener and Bakari up by 1.5 minutes a game, and Pemsl is covered. There have been recent games where JoeW played 38 minutes and Garza and CJF also high numbers, so I think we can be ok if no more injuries or too many fouls.

Pemsl's absence will be felt if Garza and Kriener, or both, are in foul trouble. If not, a few more minutes from other guys and Till can cover it.

At this point in the season, no team is 100% healthy and well rested.

It is all about the coaching staff making practice as efficient as possible while having the training staff keeping close tabs on the guys to treat any injury right away.

I think we can just assume now that the physical stamina of the team is directly correlated to the outcome of every game.

Loss = tired

Win = Fresh

That makes sense right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT