ADVERTISEMENT

Women’s Basketball Team!

nosok23

Scout Team
Aug 15, 2023
I never thought that this forum would have so many women’s basketball threads in my lifetime! It just shows the impact that CC has made on this program. The men’s team has no excitement right now and is pedestrian at best. I will also be watching my first WNBA game this evening… Man I can’t believe I just said that. Weird times right now!

Agreed!

it's amazing what winning does for the excitement of the fans. Iowa basketball is like a two week old loaf of bread. You can still make a sandwich, but it's stale and dry.

Reactions: Tunadog and nosok23
I know it's been said many times already but the Caitlin Clark effect is unreal. Really nothing like it since Michael Jordan
"CC effect is unreal"....totally agree.

Going forward.....let's hope that "effect" lives on in the "IA wbb PROGRAM". Continued wbb sell outs would validate our wbb & IMHO would be a great motivater to the new & returning players & the new/carry over coaches.

Lastly, sell outs would put the 🍒 on the top of
CC's IA legacy as well as prove the CC haters/doubter's lame opinions are wrong & petty.

Long live the CC effect @ IA & continue in WNBA!!

As a lifelong Cub fan, I'm debating whether to watch the Cubs @ Atlanta tonight or watch CC make her WNBA debut. A year or two ago, that sentence would have been unthinkable. I have friends and relatives who never cared a thing about sports who are buying TV subscriptions so they can watch Caitlin Clark play in the WNBA. I mean, people can complain all they want about the CC coverage and the CC impact, but most people didn't even know there was such a thing as the WNBA until a few weeks ago. Now they're all over TV and are selling out everywhere . . . everywhere that CC plays, that is. LOL

As a lifelong Cub fan, I'm debating whether to watch the Cubs @ Atlanta tonight or watch CC make her WNBA debut. A year or two ago, that sentence would have been unthinkable. I have friends and relatives who never cared a thing about sports who are buying TV subscriptions so they can watch Caitlin Clark play in the WNBA. I mean, people can complain all they want about the CC coverage and the CC impact, but most people didn't even know there was such a thing as the WNBA until a few weeks ago. Now they're all over TV and are selling out everywhere . . . everywhere that CC plays, that is. LOL

u6ah287fpo841.jpg

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT