ADVERTISEMENT

Isaiah Fenton a Hawkeye

PinDoxRico

HR All-State
Jan 1, 2020
Mepo
thepindoctors.com
2023 Iowa HS State Wrestling Champion at 2A-152, Isaiah Fenton of Notre Dame HS is a Hawkeye! Fenton is a 2X placer/1X state champ who really came on between last season and this season and it showed, for he won a stacked 2A 152 this year!

This kid has INCREDIBLE athletic upside! I can give more details when I have more time… he’s from my area, I am friends with his family and I’ve watched him since he was 8-9 years old. If he buys in, he could be a steal!

1st Place -Isaiah Fenton of Notre Dame, Burlington
2nd Place -Cooper Sanders of Vinton-Shellsburg
3rd Place - Chase Thomas of Osage
4th Place - Lucas Kral of Garner-Hayfield/Ventura
5th Place - Jase Goodell of Humboldt
6th Place - Brenden Heying of Benton Community
7th Place - Aiden Flora of ADM
8th Place - Coy De Boer of Sheldon/South O`Brien

347109745_1193811327972496_8807632793693679204_n.jpg

Last edited:
He was one of the main people I made a point to interview at state this year because I know him and after he won his state finals match over that pretty tough Sanders kid from Vinton Shellsburg... And I asked him what he felt immediately after winning it and in a millisecond he replied, "I feel like I took what was rightfully mine and it was a long time coming." Haha, you guys will love him.

He really stepped it up last year around the Disney Duals… there was a Mizzou team I believe that needed someone at 160 last second and someone pm’d me on PinDox about it and Isaiah was underweight on full feed and hadn’t planned for it at all, but he went anyways and he just annihilated everyone. Giving up weight with 1-2 days notice in Florida… the kid is a crazy athletic talent.

Last edited:
This got me thinking. When was the last time Iowa had a un-ranked high school kid reach the podium? Who are some un-ranked Iowa HS kids to excel at the next level. The first 2 that come to mind are Drew Foster and Tanner Sloan. I don't think Sloan was a top hundered recruit coming out of HS.

Reactions: Pitcher24
This got me thinking. When was the last time Iowa had a un-ranked high school kid reach the podium? Who are some un-ranked Iowa HS kids to excel at the next level. The first 2 that come to mind are Drew Foster and Tanner Sloan. I don't think Sloan was a top hundered recruit coming out of HS.
Josh ihnen? Not sure he AA

Reactions: el dub
Hall Of Fame Coach Bill Plein (ND) discusses new Hawkeye Isaiah Fenton of Notre Dame HS and what it was like to coach him.... Also, Isaiah makes a speech at his signing party...

Last edited:
2023 Iowa HS State Wrestling Champion at 2A-152, Isaiah Fenton of Notre Dame HS is a Hawkeye! Fenton is a 2X placer/1X state champ who really came on between last season and this season and it showed, for he won a stacked 2A 152 this year!

This kid has INCREDIBLE athletic upside! I can give more details when I have more time… he’s from my area, I am friends with his family and I’ve watched him since he was 8-9 years old. If he buys in, he could be a steal!

1st Place -Isaiah Fenton of Notre Dame, Burlington
2nd Place -Cooper Sanders of Vinton-Shellsburg
3rd Place - Chase Thomas of Osage
4th Place - Lucas Kral of Garner-Hayfield/Ventura
5th Place - Jase Goodell of Humboldt
6th Place - Brenden Heying of Benton Community
7th Place - Aiden Flora of ADM
8th Place - Coy De Boer of Sheldon/South O`Brien

347109745_1193811327972496_8807632793693679204_n.jpg
buy's into what?

Pizza Hut is disgusting. It used to be really good but they cheaped out, ruined it, and their business is dying because of it.

Two foods from the 90s I’d love to have back: Subway and Pizza Hut.
Yep, in the late 90s pizza hut started changing all their stuff. They went from dough made fresh at the store in a big dough mixer to pre made frozen discs of dough. They changed all their toppings, onions, green peppers, ham, lettuce was all sliced at the store at one point. They all started coming pre bagged. Also changed the type of meat toppings. All toppings in general change to these big chunks vs the previous smaller pieces. The sauce spice used on the pizza was fazed out in favor of the sauce spice that previously used to only be used for bread sticks. They changed their way right into the crapper.

Yep, in the late 90s pizza hut started changing all their stuff. They went from dough made fresh at the store in a big dough mixer to pre made frozen discs of dough. They changed all their toppings, onions, green peppers, ham, lettuce was all sliced at the store at one point. They all started coming pre bagged. Also changed the type of meat toppings. All toppings in general change to these big chunks vs the previous smaller pieces. The sauce spice used on the pizza was fazed out in favor of the sauce spice that previously used to only be used for bread sticks. They changed their way right into the crapper.

Amen, Brother. It's no surprise their business has gone down the crapper.

It is actually possible that Subway is "more fresh" than they once were, but it doesn't taste nearly as good. I might be wrong on that. I miss that early Subway smell and flavor.

Reactions: MVPFAN
Amen, Brother. It's no surprise their business has gone down the crapper.

It is actually possible that Subway is "more fresh" than they once were, but it doesn't taste nearly as good. I might be wrong on that. I miss that early Subway smell and flavor.
Yeow. My condolences.

Reactions: jayridescarbon
Pizza Hut really rocked in the 70’s…… was about all some small towns had…… now they’re rare….. the one that was in Vinton is a Mexican restaurant now

Pizza Hut pizza used to be good. I have some very fond memories of trekking to the local PH after JH sports contests with the fellas and enjoying some PH pizza...while behaving like the juvenile that I was. :)

(Sorry to all of the PH staff that we annoyed, we were young, we didn't know any better. :) )

the walk in and eat never really change that much now the carry out made a very bad change now Pizza Ranch is the place to go. my one complaint is all they make is nothing but the thin crust, which yo me is nothing more than shit on shingle.

my wife loves their pizza, me I go for their chicken potatoes and gravy ohh yeah can't forget their side goodies of peaches and puddings.

Pizza Hut was the BEST back in the 70s and 80s... When they came out with the Pan Pizza, you could eat it,,, then make a mad dash for the bathroom because they oiled their dough and it wasn't long before you felt the need to drop the "extra tank and jettison your extra fuel " . Plus our Pizza Hut always had those Video game tables Pac man and Mrs. Pac Man that you could play while waiting for your food. The Pizza hut in our area is now called "Pizza Hut / Wing Street " and they still make pizza but they are pushing chicken wings and always combo those with pizzas for their deals...pizza and wings are a real healthy choice for many of us....hahaha

The Pizza Hut in Prairie du Chien was a staple for us heading across the river in the late 70's. We might have made a few other stops along the way.;)

They also went to artificial cheese, which is a killer for pizza, but cheese is the most expensive part of a pizza so they saved money but lost customers

Reactions: blcoach80
They also went to artificial cheese, which is a killer for pizza, but cheese is the most expensive part of a pizza so they saved money but lost customers
We make our own homemade pizza (personal size so all five of us can make your own pizza) and it is better than anything you buy anymore. We started buying fresh mozzerella and shredding it for our homemade pizzas and it was a game changer flavor wise. Pizza Hut had great breadsticks, but even them have gone downhill in the last couple years. I had to scroll to the top of the page to even see what this thread was originally about.:D

We make our own homemade pizza (personal size so all five of us can make your own pizza) and it is better than anything you buy anymore. We started buying fresh mozzerella and shredding it for our homemade pizzas and it was a game changer flavor wise. Pizza Hut had great breadsticks, but even them have gone downhill in the last couple years. I had to scroll to the top of the page to even see what this thread was originally about.:D
Somehow it was about Drew Phenton?? But morphed into a pizza thread😊😊😊

Reactions: blcoach80
That pretty much describes Pizza Hut in three words for my body.

Pizza Hut really rocked in the 70’s…… was about all some small towns had…… now they’re rare….. the one that was in Vinton is a Mexican restaurant now
Brings back some great memories. I grew up in SW Iowa (Atlantic) and the Pizza Hut there was a major hang out. I wrestled and the whole team would often head to Pizza Hut after Friday night duals. My uncle owned the land that the building was on, so Pizza Hut corporation paid him monthly.

the lanes where I taught bowling brought pizza in from the Pizza Hut right across the parking lot. this happened every year and the kids loved it.

I remember that. did it many times myself along with multiple others.
I was a pin setter mechanic at merle hay lanes as a youngster for awhile….. right out of HS would work all day building pallets at sawmill then work there evenings till close

Reactions: el dub
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT