ADVERTISEMENT

It Took Nvidia 23 Days To Add $1 Trillion In Market Cap

seminole97

HB Legend
Jun 14, 2005
The chart below shows that it's taken 60 years for the most famous and arguably successful investor in the world, Warren Buffet, to build Berkshire Hathaway up to just shy of a trillion-dollar company ($883bn at Friday's close). Indeed the company's origins began in the 19th century so the full journey has taken well over a century and it’s yet to hit a trillion dollars.

Contrast that with Nvidia, which went from just below $2tn market cap for the last time on April 24th, to over $3tn just 30 trading days later. Even more impressively, at its record close last Tuesday, where it became the largest company in the world, the last trillion of market cap was added in only 23 trading days.

Then again, the higher they rise... Nvidia opened on Thursday after the holiday another 3% higher, melting up on virtually no volume (and a brutal gamma squeeze).
But since that intraday peak it has tumbled 13% in just three days, and slipped back to 3rd in the S&P 500 rankings.

The chart below shows that it's taken 60 years for the most famous and arguably successful investor in the world, Warren Buffet, to build Berkshire Hathaway up to just shy of a trillion-dollar company ($883bn at Friday's close). Indeed the company's origins began in the 19th century so the full journey has taken well over a century and it’s yet to hit a trillion dollars.

Contrast that with Nvidia, which went from just below $2tn market cap for the last time on April 24th, to over $3tn just 30 trading days later. Even more impressively, at its record close last Tuesday, where it became the largest company in the world, the last trillion of market cap was added in only 23 trading days.

Then again, the higher they rise... Nvidia opened on Thursday after the holiday another 3% higher, melting up on virtually no volume (and a brutal gamma squeeze).
But since that intraday peak it has tumbled 13% in just three days, and slipped back to 3rd in the S&P 500 rankings.
People taking profits

If I ever meet Jim Cramer I owe him a beer. Convinced me to buy it at $37/share. The one and probably only time I’ll ever take his advice, but he made a great LTH case for NVDA in 2017 and he was right.

My best stock buy ever. Wish I had had the guts to invest 10x what I did back in ~2019; I’d be retiring early…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT