ADVERTISEMENT

"...it's complicated because antifa was present..."

Uwe.Blab

HR All-American
Dec 19, 2006
These are the justifications floating around now. Another I've seen (social media) "Biden supporters are doing this to make Trump look bad".

I guess it is just harder to say the truth sometimes, when you have been fed and been feeding others the 'alternative facts' for so long....

The best way we can show respect for the voters who are upset is by telling them the truth.” - Mitt Romney, 1/6/21

But MAGAts want to lean in on their conspiracy theories and their victimhood because of their fear. There is a large portion of the American public who is lost to reason.

The left proved there was one single person from the right at the burning of the 9th precinct building and they blamed the whole thing on white supremacy.

Its at least reasonable to believe there may have been bad actors from the left helping to incite things. Doesn't mean the blame shifts, but it is at least possible.

• Haha
Reactions: Torg
The best way we can show respect for the voters who are upset is by telling them the truth.” - Mitt Romney, 1/6/21

But MAGAts want to lean in on their conspiracy theories and their victimhood because of their fear. There is a large portion of the American public who is lost to reason.

You almost have to become a manipulator with intentions to re-brainwash a segment of these people.

Sara Palin, in an interview Wednesday,, said she knows many of the demonstrators who scaled the Capitol walls are in fact Antifa and not “Trump” supporters...she said she recognized them from photos she had seen from other events. Well dammit, that is what SHE said!

Yeah because we all know Antifa to be really out there with their faces showing

This shit was before COVID

skynews-antifa-anti-fascist_4211552.jpg

The left proved there was one single person from the right at the burning of the 9th precinct building and they blamed the whole thing on white supremacy.

Its at least reasonable to believe there may have been bad actors from the left helping to incite things. Doesn't mean the blame shifts, but it is at least possible.

"Reasonable to believe"????

No, actually - without ACTUAL EVIDENCE to support that, all you are left with is a conspiracy theory. You're right that those who blamed at least some of the protests on white surpremacy were wrong to do so - the ones who did also were indulging in conspiracy theories. At least there was one bad actor involved in those.

I'll hang up and listen while you find the "bad actors from the left" who were there. FFS, TRUMP EGGED THEM ON, Rudy called for Trial by Combat!.

I'm not indulging this crap anymore. Present evidence or shut up.

My educated guess is that there were somewhere between 1 to 20 Antifa people sprinkled into the crowd of THOUSANDS. Far less than 1%. Disproving these right wing nut jobs feels like a losing battle of wack-a-mole.

135273570_4115102315186507_499511389983566252_o.jpg

"Reasonable to believe"????

No, actually - without ACTUAL EVIDENCE to support that, all you are left with is a conspiracy theory. You're right that those who blamed at least some of the protests on white surpremacy were wrong to do so - the ones who did also were indulging in conspiracy theories. At least there was one bad actor involved in those.

I'll hang up and listen while you find the "bad actors from the left" who were there. FFS, TRUMP EGGED THEM ON, Rudy called for Trial by Combat!.

I'm not indulging this crap anymore. Present evidence or shut up.

DooBi and his ilk have been fed a steady stream of lies without basis in fact. Or evidence.

They don’t want it. They want to live in the same, protected bubble that Trump created and continues to manifest.

There is no evidence that will satisfy them. Therefore, we live in an America separated by a wide gulf of insane conspiracy theories designed to make a bunch of people feel better.

Odd for the group that claimed “f**k your feelings”.

If white supremacists joined the Antifa/BLM riots, then it isn’t too far-fetched to think the same is happening in reverse.

As for those asking breathlessly for “ThE evIDencE!1!!” maybe wait for this to be more than a day old? I’m sure once these people are arrested and detained, we’ll learn more about them.

And to proactively answer another question that is sure to come up, no, I’m not excusing anything or saying this is Antifa. It’s radical Trumpists, and it WOULDN’T SURPRISE ME if some anarchists have joined in on the fun.

If white supremacists joined the Antifa/BLM riots, then it isn’t too far-fetched to think the same is happening in reverse.

As for those asking breathlessly for “ThE evIDencE!1!!” maybe wait for this to be more than a day old? I’m sure once these people are arrested and detained, we’ll learn more about them.

And to proactively answer another question that is sure to come up, no, I’m not excusing anything or saying this is Antifa. It’s radical Trumpists, and it WOULDN’T SURPRISE ME if some anarchists have joined in on the fun.
There is ZERO evidence of an Antifa presence. There are arrests and trials of multiple Boogaloo Bois on the far right infiltrating peaceful George Floyd protests and starting violence, looting, burning, and even shooting. This is what American Conservatism is coddling, encouraging, and creating. It's what your ideology leads to. Own it.

Last edited:

The one, BIG difference is that yesterday's events were incited by POTUS - and he STILL hasn't said a word to condemn what happened. They didn't need any supposed "help" from the left.

What's bothering most of us today is that there are posters who are trying to conflate the two, claiming false equivalencies or somehow trying to justify actions yesterday. The protests (and riots) last summer at least started from a place of legitimate outrage - no one has seriously tried to defend kneeling on a man's neck for 9 minutes. You can argue and debate about what happened afterwards, but at least the origin point makes sense. The rioters yesterday were incited BY THE PRESIDENT to attempt to overturn the legitimate results of an election. There is NO EVIDENCE supporting ANY of their claims, Trump has lost 60+ cases in court (none of which actually alleged fraud) to overturn the results. There are posters today justifying these actions. That's what has us angry.

I wish they would have arrested every single person that stepped foot in the capital building. It sounds like 52 people got arrested. That's not a very big sample size, but I guess it's better than nothing?

Exactly. Mitt also tried telling the truth at the NAACP in 2012 and was ignored and called a racist because he used the term Obamacare. He also told the truth when he said that 47% of the voters won't vote for him and the left lost their shit. No one likes the truth if it gets in the way of their enjoyed delusions.

Romney has been persecuted by both sides for telling the truth and he's still standing. Because as the British say, "The truth will out."

BLM and antifa are not the same, and neither are anarchists. Black Lives Matter want equality and fair treatment, and exists in response to systemic-- yes, systemic-- racism and police brutality against people of color. Antifa is a shortened term for anti-fascists. Which is interesting when compared to the guy walking through the white house wearing a "Camp Auschwitz" sweatshirt.

In any case, BLM and Antifa are not the same, and neither groups are anarchists. BLM and Antifa have no interest in disrupting a government exercise in counting electoral votes to confirm that Trump lost the presidential election either.

So what's the motivation? Yes, 20k people risked their lives and their futures (4 people dead and several will end up on prison) to impersonate Trump supporters and "make Trump look bad"?

My educated guess is that there were somewhere between 1 to 20 Antifa people sprinkled into the crowd of THOUSANDS. Far less than 1%. Disproving these right wing nut jobs feels like a losing battle of wack-a-mole.

135273570_4115102315186507_499511389983566252_o.jpg

Even you are not this dumb. Anitfa?

There is ZERO evidence of an Antifa presence. There are arrests and trials of multiple Boogaloo Bois on the far right infiltrating peaceful George Floyd protests and starting violence, looting, burning, and even shooting. This is what American Conseervatism is coddling, encouraging, and creating. It's what your ideology leads to. Own it.
Way to skip past the entire point of my post. Did you read a single word?? No, you just saw a username and went full Menace.

Christ, this is why so many conservative voices choose not to post anymore. We could start a thread each day saying we don’t support Trump, but the moment he and his supporters step out of line, shit like this happens and we all get lumped together.

Find where I excuse this. “Created this”. If you’re gonna attack character, at least have something to back it up.

Way to skip past the entire point of my post. Did you read a single word?? No, you just saw a username and went full Menace.

Christ, this is why so many conservative voices choose not to post anymore. We could start a thread each day saying we don’t support Trump, but the moment he and his supporters step out of line, shit like this happens and we all get lumped together.

Find where I excuse this. “Created this”. If you’re gonna attack character, at least have something to back it up.
Your "point" was just a slightly more palatable "both sides" argument so you can wash your hands of it and pretend that its not because people like you on the right remain silent, encourage, or coddle these people, with your refusal to accept basic science and facts for four years.

Reactions: Bee93 and BelemNole
Your "point" was just a slightly more palatable "both sides" argument so you can wash your hands of it and pretend that its not because people like you on the right remain silent, encourage, or coddle these people, with your refusal to accept basic science and facts for four years.
If your standard is, “Fight tooth and nail against the extremists of your party, or else you’re encouraging them.”, then there are tens and tens of millions of us falling short on both sides.

You have a lot of people to call out and scold, buddy. Get to it!!

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan

Reactions: BelemNole
In any case, BLM and Antifa are not the same, and neither groups are anarchists. BLM and Antifa have no interest in disrupting a government exercise in counting electoral votes to confirm that Trump lost the presidential election either.

So what's the motivation? Yes, 20k people risked their lives and their futures (4 people dead and several will end up on prison) to impersonate Trump supporters and "make Trump look bad"?
Thank you. My god, basic critical thinking skills would first lead someone to question motive. WHY THE FVCK would someone on the left attempt to disrupt, delay, or potentially even completely derail the ratification of the Electoral vote confirming a Biden victory?!!! Versus a group of people who have openly advocated for and boasted of impending violent intervention to reverse the election outcome?!!! Are people seriously this cognitively challenged?!!!

Reactions: bladel
We have to continue to live and deal with these Americans. None of this is over. Until we can get about half of Trump's supporters to learn the difference between right and wrong, things we were taught in kindergarten, this isn't over.

It's not right vs wrong. It's real vs not real.

Lots of the positions that Trumpers/MAGAs are sensible if you understood reality the same way they do. If you were lead to believe that only Trump is capable of taking on and stopping the Democrat lead pedophile ring, it is sensible and "right" to support Trump. Pedophile rings are bad.

If you were lead to believe that Trump won the election in a landslide victory, yet it was unjustifiably stolen from him, it makes sense to be upset, it might even be "right" to fight back at the Capitol.

But of course none of those things they believe are true or real. We are dealing with a reality gap, the difference between right and wrong is less significant.

If your standard is, “Fight tooth and nail against the extremists of your party, or else you’re encouraging them.”, then there are tens and tens of millions of us falling short on both sides.

You have a lot of people to call out and scold, buddy. Get to it!!
There are fine people, really good people, on both sides. We love you, but you have to go home now. But we love you.

It's not right vs wrong. It's real vs not real.

Lots of the positions that Trumpers/MAGAs are sensible if you understood reality the same way they do. If you were lead to believe that only Trump is capable of taking on and stopping the Democrat lead pedophile ring, it is sensible and "right" to support Trump. Pedophile rings are bad.

If you were lead to believe that Trump won the election in a landslide victory, yet it was unjustifiably stolen from him, it makes sense to be upset, it might even be "right" to fight back at the Capitol.

But of course none of those things they believe are true or real. We are dealing with a reality gap, the difference between right and wrong is less significant.
Precisely.

They are irrational.

How do we solve that? Because we do need to solve that somehow.

Jesus H..... I even said in my post that THIS IS FAR RIGHT TRUMP SUPPORTERS. For fùcks sake, people.

The “it wouldn’t surprise me if Antifa joined in on the fun” line sure did anger some of you. It’s like you have an alarm set so that whenever someone posts that word you come to their defense. No matter who is doing what, the what is wrong.

Precisely.

They are irrational.

How do we solve that? Because we do need to solve that somehow.

I do not think there is a simple or clear way. To me the biggest culprit is right wing media. What can be done about right wing media when we have the first amendment, which is sacred, and that right wing media is profitable which is also sacred.

Big tech has tried to prohibit what gets shared on their platforms, but arguably this just makes it worse. The right wingers cry victimhood, it reinforces their already strongly held beliefs, and ultimately it doesn't stop the spread, they might just wind up on something like Parler instead.

And that's just a couple of issues with the media, a whole host of other complicating factors to consider.

We’re up to 20+ people who’ve been doxxed so far. None were Antifa. All were Trump supporters. Many have recent pictures with the President’s family or close advisors.

Reactions: BelemNole
So White Supremist infiltrated BLM protests to incite riots last year and Antifa infiltrated Trump supporter protests to incite riots this year? (if I'm understanding this correctly)

Why not stick with your own cause and incite your own riots?

Furthermore, shouldn't all politicians condemn all violent protests or "uprisings" regardless if the issue being protested fits your narrative?

EXAMPLE:
"I just don't even know why there aren't uprisings all over the country. And maybe there will be, when people realize that this is a policy that they defend," Nancy Pelosi

I was against the Portland crap and I'm against the Capital crap. Period.

This country is on the verge of exploding if we don't get this shit under control.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT