ADVERTISEMENT

"...it's complicated because antifa was present..."

Proof. Evidence. Provide those and I'll listen. Some talking head suggesting it's possible or likely isn't proof.

Given what we've seen from Antifa, their tactic (when it comes to MAGA types) is to show up and confront them, sometimes violently. They haven't shown to infiltrate those they disagree with.

Remember the Republican-backed ads showing chaos and what would ensue if Pelosi and the liberals were in power? If the Democrats weren't such p*****s they would show clips of these Trump supporters storming the Capitol in half of their ads in 2022 and 2024.

Remember the Republican-backed ads showing chaos and what would ensue if Pelosi and the liberals were in power? If the Democrats weren't such p*****s they would so these Trump supporters storming the Capitol in half of their ads in 2022 and 2024.
PAC ads lie. Unfortunately, these PAC ads are very effective....remember them from the last month of this past election? The GOP PAC ads were very successful in defining “Democrats” even though falsely. And the voters reacted accordingly. Iowa Republicans gained 2 congressmen...and increased their legislative domination at the State House. Voters aren’t the sharpest knives in the drawer but that works both ways.

PAC ads lie. Unfortunately, these PAC ads are very effective....remember them from the last month of this past election? The GOP PAC ads were very successful in defining “Democrats” even though falsely. And the voters reacted accordingly. Iowa Republicans gained 2 congressmen...and increased their legislative domination at the State House. Voters aren’t the sharpest knives in the drawer but that works both ways.
Exactly. Democrats should absolutely propose policies and solutions to problems in their campaigns because that's what actually matters. But you have to win elections or those policy proposals are irrelevant. If you want to win elections, you have to appeal to the base emotions of low-information voters.

And if evidence were presented you would deny it and make excuses. It's what you all do.

That would be a better statement if you had any, you know, ANYTHING to back that up. We have a thread by Bonney going what, 20+ pages of BS twitter "evidence" claiming election fraud. Evidence, which oddly, has never been presented to any legal body. Now there's people alleging Antifa was present. Is it really so much to ask that actual evidence be presented? Why should any of us bother to debate when you, Bonney and others never provide anything to backup your wild claims?

Reactions: joelbc1 and nelly02
This is so funny. Alt Right did the violence at BLM and Antifa protests while BLM and Antifa did the protests at the Capital. You see they are really committing violence for acts they don't agree with just to make the other side look bad.

Of course if you are a Repub, you believe BLM and Antifa did both and Dems believe Alt Right did both.

I love that no one can admit when some people that voted the way they do did something wrong, people feel the need to defend actions because they think it reflects badly on their own voting.

Exactly. Mitt also tried telling the truth at the NAACP in 2012 and was ignored and called a racist because he used the term Obamacare. He also told the truth when he said that 47% of the voters won't vote for him and the left lost their shit. No one likes the truth if it gets in the way of their enjoyed delusions.

Romney has been persecuted by both sides for telling the truth and he's still standing. Because as the British say, "The truth will out."
I agree that a lot of the criticism of Romney was unwarranted, but the 47% thing you are completely re-writing history here. The problem wasn't that he said 47% wouldn't vote for him. He said there are 47% who wont' vote for him because they are dependent on government and will never take responsibility for their lives. He deserved the shit he got for his 47% comments.

Reactions: bladel
I agree that a lot of the criticism of Romney was unwarranted, but the 47% thing you are completely re-writing history here. The problem wasn't that he said 47% wouldn't vote for him. He said there are 47% who wont' vote for him because they are dependent on government and will never take responsibility for their lives. He deserved the shit he got for his 47% comments.

Yeah. And he was referring to the 47% of those who don't pay income taxes. That's a very specific number. and at the time was the exact number of those not paying income tax. May have been a dumb thing to say but it wasn't wrong.

There appears to be a push by Trumpians to misrepresent the evidence:

The Washington Times has just reported some pretty compelling evidence from a facial recognition company showing that some of the people who breached the capitol today were not Trump supporters. They were masquerading as Trump supporters, and in fact were members of the violent terrorist group antifa.”
— Representative Matt Gaetz, Republican of Florida
False.
Soon after a pro-Trump mob stormed the Capitol on Wednesday, members of the far right began pushing the unfounded claim that the mob was made up of liberal activists only posing as Trump supporters.
Several posts on social media shared by thousands of people held up photographs as evidence that supporters of antifa — a loosely organized collective of antifascist activists — were behind the unrest. The far right website The Washington Times published an article that said two men seen in photos from inside the Capitol matched two antifa members from Philadelphia.
But those images did not, in fact, reveal antifa involvement. Instead, some of the photographs, and the information contained in them, were matched to an antifa site intended to expose known individuals in the neo-Nazi movement

These are the justifications floating around now. Another I've seen (social media) "Biden supporters are doing this to make Trump look bad".

I guess it is just harder to say the truth sometimes, when you have been fed and been feeding others the 'alternative facts' for so long....
When you can say anything on the internet, heck even on the news, without any type of repercussion, this is where we end up.

Yeah. And he was referring to the 47% of those who don't pay income taxes. That's a very specific number. and at the time was the exact number of those not paying income tax. May have been a dumb thing to say but it wasn't wrong.
Yes it was wrong. He said everyone of those 47% are going to vote for Obama. You think that is correct? Come on, you're smarter than this.

My educated guess is that there were somewhere between 1 to 20 Antifa people sprinkled into the crowd of THOUSANDS. Far less than 1%. Disproving these right wing nut jobs feels like a losing battle of wack-a-mole.

135273570_4115102315186507_499511389983566252_o.jpg

This idiot is a well known Trump supporter who has been interviewed in the past.

So White Supremist infiltrated BLM protests to incite riots last year and Antifa infiltrated Trump supporter protests to incite riots this year? (if I'm understanding this correctly)
Well, points for getting the first half of your sentence right, I guess.

Yes it was wrong. He said everyone of those 47% are going to vote for Obama. You think that is correct? Come on, you're smarter than this.

I would love to get back to the days where comments like this from Romney are the dumbest things we can expect to hear from politicians. I even agree that Romney didn't intend the statement to be taken the way it was said. Can we get back to that level?

The left proved there was one single person from the right at the burning of the 9th precinct building and they blamed the whole thing on white supremacy.

Its at least reasonable to believe there may have been bad actors from the left helping to incite things. Doesn't mean the blame shifts, but it is at least possible.
No. No it really ISN'T reasonable to believe. Trump lit the match yesterday. It was MAGAs who stormed the Capitol all on their own. This isn't on a make believe terrorist organization that has been pushed onto you by the radical right news organizations.

Reactions: sober_teacher
Exactly. Mitt also tried telling the truth at the NAACP in 2012 and was ignored and called a racist because he used the term Obamacare. He also told the truth when he said that 47% of the voters won't vote for him and the left lost their shit. No one likes the truth if it gets in the way of their enjoyed delusions.

Romney has been persecuted by both sides for telling the truth and he's still standing. Because as the British say, "The truth will out."

Mitt's been telling the truth about Trump for years as well, but the true believers don't want to hear that part of the truth, instead they want to publicly shame Mitt for being honest and call him a traitor. Selective truth intake I guess.

The only thing I'll give credit to Romney for saying in 2012 was the bit about Russia. We were so focused on China, Iran, N. Korea, and ISIS/AlQ, Mitt sounded like a relic from the 80s. We took our eye off the ball there.

But he deserved to lose on the 47% gaff. Doesn't matter what he meant or whether the number can be supported by taxes (and a lot of those people are retired, students, too poor, etc.). Context matters, and Romney was essentially telling the Country Club Class at a $10k/plate fundraiser that half of the country was an economic parasite.

Remember, Al Gore never said he "invented the Internet...."

Mitt's been telling the truth about Trump for years as well, but the true believers don't want to hear that part of the truth, instead they want to publicly shame Mitt for being honest and call him a traitor. Selective truth intake I guess.

No doubt. He and McCain were early and often truth tellers. And they were ALONE! How sad is that? When the people who tell the truth are in the miniscule minority.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
No doubt. He and McCain were early and often truth tellers. And they were ALONE! How sad is that? When the people who tell the truth are in the miniscule minority.

The truth is often indiscernible in an environment where the messenger gets immediately denounced simply because he isn't wearing the correct uniform...

That would be a better statement if you had any, you know, ANYTHING to back that up. We have a thread by Bonney going what, 20+ pages of BS twitter "evidence" claiming election fraud. Evidence, which oddly, has never been presented to any legal body. Now there's people alleging Antifa was present. Is it really so much to ask that actual evidence be presented? Why should any of us bother to debate when you, Bonney and others never provide anything to backup your wild claims?
bonny is nothing more than an ill-informed Russian bot....

And if evidence were presented you would deny it and make excuses. It's what you all do.
EVIDENCE....not bullshit...there is a difference. There has been no real evidence presented supporting my President's...ot your...positions. NONE.
Just 'cause you say it, repeat it, and say it again, does NOT make it factual. Your are spouting nothing more than what my parents and grandparents were fed back in their day by Josef Goebbels.

There is ZERO evidence of an Antifa presence. There are arrests and trials of multiple Boogaloo Bois on the far right infiltrating peaceful George Floyd protests and starting violence, looting, burning, and even shooting. This is what American Conservatism is coddling, encouraging, and creating. It's what your ideology leads to. Own it.
Against the left, no evidence; against the right, lots of evidence.

Clearly they're equally bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT