ADVERTISEMENT

Its only a symbol of support for the South and its citizens... its not racial

Pick something else out if that’s true.

635813117024098063-confederate-flag-man-2.jpg

B.C. Johnson represented an extremely small minority — perhaps one of a kind — at a Ben Carson book signing in Ames on Saturday.

Johnson, who is black, voted for Barack Obama in 2008. He drove from Minnesota’s Twin Cities to meet Carson on Saturday morning. But it was a Confederate flag symbol on his finger and two large rebel flags flanking his Ford F-150 truck that truly set him apart.

It's no sign of hate, he told The Des Moines Register after the event, but a symbol of states' rights and freedom from the federal government.

“It does not stand for racism,” said Johnson, 41, noting he grew up in Columbia, S.C. “The Confederate battle flag is symbolic of the fight that the soldiers put up from the South to protect populous sovereignty.”

Johnson said he regrets his vote for Obama, stating that he “destroyed this country from day one.”

His allegiance now lies with Carson — the Republican front-runner in Iowa, according to a Des Moines Register/Bloomberg Politics poll released Friday. Johnson hopes to campaign for Carson back home in St. Paul.

Multiple news outlets reported that Johnson organized a rally in support of the Confederate flag in Minneapolis this past summer after the mass shooting of a black church congregation in Charleston, S.C.

After getting a brief photo with Carson at the Ames book signing, Johnson left with 2016 signs, stickers and books from a Carson super PAC set up outside the Books-a-Million bookstore.

The Des Moines Register asked Carson at a later event for his thoughts on Johnson’s support and advocacy for the Confederate flag as a symbol for state rights.

“I would have to really talk to him,” Carson said, adding that he knew no details about the situation.

“I generally agree that people can do anything they want with their private property or their private vehicle or whatever," he said. "I tend not to be a big fan of things that create a lot of animosity on public property."

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...rson-event-defends-confederate-flag/74550918/

That flag is a symbol of being a dick. When I see it - I know the person waving it is a dick.

It’s kind of a nice system, because usually you have to spend some time getting to know somebody to figure out if they’re a dick.

I feel the same way about people with Gators crapola on their cars or gear.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
If not for Twitter or social media, no one would have heard about it, even in Tampa
This only applies to non progressives that post about San Francisco.
In this case, it is relevant to everyone and is really important

B.C. Johnson represented an extremely small minority — perhaps one of a kind — at a Ben Carson book signing in Ames on Saturday.

Johnson, who is black, voted for Barack Obama in 2008. He drove from Minnesota’s Twin Cities to meet Carson on Saturday morning. But it was a Confederate flag symbol on his finger and two large rebel flags flanking his Ford F-150 truck that truly set him apart.

It's no sign of hate, he told The Des Moines Register after the event, but a symbol of states' rights and freedom from the federal government.

“It does not stand for racism,” said Johnson, 41, noting he grew up in Columbia, S.C. “The Confederate battle flag is symbolic of the fight that the soldiers put up from the South to protect populous sovereignty.”

Johnson said he regrets his vote for Obama, stating that he “destroyed this country from day one.”

His allegiance now lies with Carson — the Republican front-runner in Iowa, according to a Des Moines Register/Bloomberg Politics poll released Friday. Johnson hopes to campaign for Carson back home in St. Paul.

Multiple news outlets reported that Johnson organized a rally in support of the Confederate flag in Minneapolis this past summer after the mass shooting of a black church congregation in Charleston, S.C.

After getting a brief photo with Carson at the Ames book signing, Johnson left with 2016 signs, stickers and books from a Carson super PAC set up outside the Books-a-Million bookstore.

The Des Moines Register asked Carson at a later event for his thoughts on Johnson’s support and advocacy for the Confederate flag as a symbol for state rights.

“I would have to really talk to him,” Carson said, adding that he knew no details about the situation.

“I generally agree that people can do anything they want with their private property or their private vehicle or whatever," he said. "I tend not to be a big fan of things that create a lot of animosity on public property."

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...rson-event-defends-confederate-flag/74550918/

Your position is that if one black man believes it’s not racist, that trumps all other evidence?

Is, say, ten million blacks think it is racist this one guy’s opinion rules?

Does this apply to the flag of Mexico as well?

Depends on the context. Cheering for another country's soccer team? Not so much. Because you think southern California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas should be ceded back to Mexico? Maybe...but even that is debatable.

Reactions: artradley

So, you're saying stupidity and revisionist history is not unique to white people?

CSB.

Reactions: hawkbirch
Your position is that if one black man believes it’s not racist, that trumps all other evidence?

I play this game where I read a post like this and guess who it's in response to before hitting show ignored content. I nail @The Tradition 100% of the time.

Has Mexico ever committed treason against the US?

Mexico might have had a bone or two to pick with us about land back in the day.

This is really simple. The Confederate flag once stood for secession and treason to the United States. The institution of slavery was at the core of its existence. It's also a symbol of a losing cause. What it symbolizes for people who cling to it 150 years later in terms of psychology is anyone's guess.

The greater point is the Confederate flag is a joke. And a shit stain on our nation's history. To get butthurt over it today is equally as stupid as the people who congregate in the streets wearing white bed sheets and jerking off to it. If blithering mental midgets south of the Mason/Dixon line want to see it as part of their Southern pride or heritage, who gives a shit? If blaming uppity Yankees, browns and blacks, and whomever else they can target for their miserable existence inside a trailer park gives them greater solace, why should anyone bat an eye?

As long as the Confederate flag doesn't fly at a statehouse or some place like that, this should be a non-issue.

The man clearly has issues. He drove from Minnesota decked out in KC Royals gear with a 49’ers sticker on his truck.

If that doesn’t tell you that this guy is F’d up then his confederate flags will.

You went to war over rich slavery owners exploiting poor white people to defend an unforgivable sinful practice that murdered millions of Africans and white people in a civil war.
Confederate apologists should acknowledge this and descendants of the confederate army should denounce their former leaders.

Reactions: artradley
On the same hand the north opposed slavery, but had laws in place to not let former slaves settle in their states, the Underground Railroad had to send salves to Canada and the emancipation proclamation only freed slaves in confederate states.

So we can see who falls hook line and sinker for the Russian and Magat propaganda.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/clinton-gore-92-confederate/

Neither of those have a union stamp and every officially licensed bit of memorabilia and giveaways were embossed with a stamp saying they were made by American union workers.

Like these

Buttons.png

So what you posted is either a 100% complete fake or something one person did as anyone can get a button maker for under a $100.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT