ADVERTISEMENT

Its sad that Jake is transferring...our fans suck

Originally posted by Jan Itor:
Originally posted by JRHawk2003:
Solely because of the fans? No. A factor is wanting to leave? Yes.

He probably will hate Hawk fans like Paul Burmeister does.
I don't think it has anything to do with the fans. That said, a lot of our vocal message board fans suck. And this "The backup is the better option" year after year is really getting old.
Well aren't you attacking Kirk Ferentz with that sentiment since he seems to believe that the backup was better than the starter this past season?

Originally posted by HRiscool:

I don't think it has anything to do with the fans. That said, a lot of our vocal message board fans suck. And this "The backup is the better option" year after year is really getting old.
Well aren't you attacking Kirk Ferentz with that sentiment since he seems to believe that the backup was better than the starter this past season?
Ferentz decided after the season he was going to move Beathard up in the depth chart to #1. As a coach, that's his job to evaluate at that time. I believe CJB has better skills than JR, but during last season, I believe JR had the mindset to run Kirk's team better than CJB (IMO). Iowa fans (a lot of them) year in and year out, say the #2 guy should be playing, and #1 should be benched. And they bash and boo #1. Go back tot he Brad Banks McCann year. Banks was not polished enough to be the #1. McCann was more seasoned and the best to run the system. It's not to say he was good or great, but he was the best option.. Banks was a Juco transfer that was still learning the system. I remember sitting at the Michigan game that year and watched Banks scramble left, and instead of throwing the ball out of bounds, he ran out of bounds for a seven yard sack. That's just one example. He was just not quite ready because he had only been in the system for half a season.

Now, his second season was a vastly different story. But he was not the answer in his first year.

This post was edited on 3/13 9:00 AM by Jan Itor

Originally posted by sloehawk:

Originally posted by grosie#2:

Iowa fans haven't change much over the years. Just have a better way of expressing themselves with sites like this. Plus the quarterback position is going to draw praise or criticism depending on their play. It's hard to believe that Jake is that thinned skinned that the Hawk fans alone would cause him to transfer. Jake is looking out for Jake 1st and is going to transfer where he thinks he can start. I think Jake would like to get a shot at the NFL and sitting behind CJ won't get him there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You'll play in
the NFL before Jake Rudock does. Some yahoo's thought Vandy was an NFL
caliber QB too, then reality rears its ugly head. I believe I saw where
Jake was 14-11 as Iowa's starter, with one of the easiest schedules in
the history of the sport. Jake isn't and wasn't a terrible QB, he just
isn't good enough to win games and make plays when they are really needed, and make the people around him better, and THAT is what good QB's do.

He throws a pick, he's toast. He gets pressured, he's toast. How many fumbled snaps did he have? Too many. Checkdown City. Check.

I'm sure Jakes a good guy and I wish him well, but losing him as an Iowa Football Player isn't alarming in the least, no matter what he does after he leaves.
Vandy was NFL caliber enough to remain with the Vikings for a year or so. Even after his senior year, which was debacle becaue of GDGD.

They at least took a look at him. The tools were there, the coaching was not. Even Urban Meyer was impressed with him.

Iowa fans haven't change much over the years. Just have a better way of expressing themselves with sites like this. Plus the quarterback position is going to draw praise or criticism depending on their play. It's hard to believe that Jake is that thinned skinned that the Hawk fans alone would cause him to transfer. Jake is looking out for Jake 1st and is going to transfer where he thinks he can start. I think Jake would like to get a shot at the NFL and sitting behind CJ won't get him there.

Jake get a shot at the NFL? Hilarious. Guy plays scared, gets rattled at the slightest bit of pressure. Is the furthest thing from a competitor you could find. CJ is a competitor, he wants to be on the field and compete. Not afraid to take a hit, will stand in the pocket and deliver the ball. Jake is the exact opposite. Now he is going to take his ball and go home since he isn't handed the job anymore.

Ferentz decided after the season he was going to move Beathard up in the depth chart to #1. As a coach, that's his job to evaluate at that time. I believe CJB has better skills than JR, but during last season, I believe JR had the mindset to run Kirk's team better than CJB (IMO). Iowa fans (a lot of them) year in and year out, say the #2 guy should be playing, and #1 should be benched. And they bash and boo #1. Go back tot he Brad Banks McCann year. Banks was not polished enough to be the #1. McCann was more seasoned and the best to run the system. It's not to say he was good or great, but he was the best option.. Banks was a Juco transfer that was still learning the system. I remember sitting at the Michigan game that year and watched Banks scramble left, and instead of throwing the ball out of bounds, he ran out of bounds for a seven yard sack. That's just one example. He was just not quite ready because he had only been in the system for half a season.

Now, his second season was a vastly different story. But he was not the answer in his first year.

You believe Jake "gave us the best chance to win" in 2014 vs CJB? I disagree. And I think Kirk came to that realization . . . later than he should have.

Yes, some people are too quick to call for the back-up. But in 2012 with Vandy's nose dive you can't just sit there and say, "He's the best we've got." Sometimes you have put in the back-up (I vote for Weinke fully realizing he was never the coaches darling), if for no other reason to send a message to the team that if you're not getting it done, someone else will get a chance to show what they can accomplish.

Alford did a great job of making the fans hate each other. Kirk's yearly stubbornness, game day fails and lackluster results have now resulted in something similar. The fans spend more time talking about how they hate each other than talking about how the Hawkeyes will win against their next opponent.

This post was edited on 3/13 7:40 PM by HRiscool

Originally posted by herkhatescy:
Foley you are a liar STFU and get out !
It was a lot better without you on here.
It was a lot better your previous 9 posts??? LMAO
I love how additional cretins sign up and think if THEY tell me to shut up and 'get out', I some how will 'see the errors of my ways' and go away, lol.

"Oh, since YOU told me to 'get out', by all means I'm out of here", LOL.
Welcome to the BSCI club...
I wait for your next scintillating notion with great anticipation!

been a member for over 140 months dirt bag had to renew under a new name. Another example of you running off at the mouth when you have no clue what you're talking about.

been a member for over 140 months dirt bag had to renew under a new name. Another example of you running off at the mouth when you have no clue what you're talking about.
Why did you have to re-sign up, dumba**?
What name did you threaten me under before that was obviously so successful, you petulant imbecile?
Baa, Baa, another sheep for me to herd around. Save your energy and get a life there, buddy.
You're no match for me.....
P.S. - This site sucked until I started posting. Nothing but a bunch of whinny little simpletons that knew nothing, and I mean nothing, about Iowa football, but sat around and bad mouthed kids and coaches to try to fill some void in their meaningless lives. I, on the other hand, brought great knowledge about the Iowa schemes and have made this site entertaining!!!!!! You don't have to thank me, but you're welcome just the same........

Oh, and by the way, what was I wrong about? You just signed up (additional)? Correct. Cretin? Unquestionably correct.
Think you can run me off? Correct. Well, looks like I'm correct on all counts. Looks like I have all the 'clues' and solved the case there, Lloyd Christmas. Now run along and join the rest of the herd til I call you........

I would imagine Jake Rudock hates Iowa or the fans like Russell Wilson hates NC State or the Wofpack fans. It was a smart move for him play a year in Madison and, for different reasons, it might be smart for Jake Rudock to take a scholarship offer to an elite graduate program and the chance to play for a former NFL QB and Super Bowl Coach.

Wilson left not because he was moved down on the depth chart but because Coach OBrien had told him that if he played baseball over the summer they were moving on. So he moved on. NCST fans were not screaming for the backup. Wilson was really good

Here is one important fact that people keep forgetting. YOU DON'T HAVE ANY CLUE WHY JAKE IS LEAVING. It doesn't seem to stop you from making claims like they have a factual basis though.

Its so funny to me that if anyone says anything remotely involving folley he post back immediately. For someone who likes to think of them self as a sheep dog u sure care alot about the opinions of the sheeps and wolves. It trully is funny stuff to watch you try to be this confident person when EVERYTHING you post is saturated with insecurities. I think its fairly obvious I think your a clown but in a way atleast your a funny clown.

Originally posted by HAWK-N-402 (4):
Its so funny to me that if anyone says anything remotely involving folley he post back immediately. For someone who likes to think of them self as a sheep dog u sure care alot about the opinions of the sheeps and wolves. It trully is funny stuff to watch you try to be this confident person when EVERYTHING you post is saturated with insecurities. I think its fairly obvious I think your a clown but in a way atleast your a funny clown.
Insecurities? You're putting way to much thought into it. I don't put much thought into any of this and certainly don't 'care'... It's all an act. I put out whatever emotion suits the prevailing scenario. I think it's hilarious how upset people get, how serious they take themselves ANONYMOUSLY, and how they keep reading my posts,
But, the shepard can't leave his flock unattended, lol.
Just trying help, One twit at a time....

Why does this have anything to do about our fans? The kid got a good ride, should have benched last year.

Originally posted by MattFoleyHawk:
P.S. - This site sucked until I started posting . . . I, on the other hand, brought great knowledge about the Iowa schemes and have made this site entertaining!!!!!!
55866967.jpg

It amazes me there are still idiots out there that think CJ magically became better than Jake.

Originally posted by greenelite:
Bottom line: KF/GD forced us to hate him. JR is a nice kid, but he was an inferior talent playing over someone better than him, and that cost our team wins.
This. Although I don't hate and I would be happy to have him as the backup if I had an ounce of trust in KF's ability not to spontaneously play the "experience" card at the stupidest times possible.

CJB was a good teammate for several seasons while he backed up Jake R. He could have caused problems but for the most part it seamed like CJB played his role with a positive attitude. Now that he lost the starting job, Jake is going to quit the team and go someplace else for the possibility of more playing time. CJB could get hurt, Jake could help him prepare as a veteran, etc. I understand that he wants to play but in my opinion I don't like how he is quitting and being a bad teammate throug the transition at the QB position. He could have still play a very important role for this team.

Anyone who has to continually remind us that they don't care and it's all an act... well, they do... and it isn't. But keep up that mantra.

Originally posted by Aegon_Targaryen:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You'll play in
the NFL before Jake Rudock does. Some yahoo's thought Vandy was an NFL
caliber QB too, then reality rears its ugly head. I believe I saw where
Jake was 14-11 as Iowa's starter, with one of the easiest schedules in
the history of the sport. Jake isn't and wasn't a terrible QB, he just
isn't good enough to win games and make plays when they are really needed, and make the people around him better, and THAT is what good QB's do.

He throws a pick, he's toast. He gets pressured, he's toast. How many fumbled snaps did he have? Too many. Checkdown City. Check.

I'm sure Jakes a good guy and I wish him well, but losing him as an Iowa Football Player isn't alarming in the least, no matter what he does after he leaves.
Vandy was NFL caliber enough to remain with the Vikings for a year or so. Even after his senior year, which was debacle becaue of GDGD.

They at least took a look at him. The tools were there, the coaching was not. Even Urban Meyer was impressed with him.
My definition of an NFL caliber Quarterback is one that actually plays in a game in the NFL. Vandy was signed as a Free Agent, then cut in August when they got down to 75 players (don't recall him getting a cup of coffee on the practice squad, but maybe he did - so he signed, went to some camps and was cut - like millions of others before him). And I don't believe he ever resurfaced elsewhere. So he got the same amount of time in the NFL as you did.

Christian Ponder was the VIkings QB at the time, not like guys were trying to unseat Tom Brady.

Vandy wasn't an NFL caliber QB, and neither is Jake Rudock. Both I'm sure are great guys, and will be or are great additions to society in whatever path they choose, it just won't be in the National Football League, like most of us.

(don't recall him getting a cup of coffee on the practice squad, but maybe he did - so he signed, went to some camps and was cut - like millions of others before him). And I don't believe he ever resurfaced elsewhere. So he got the same amount of time in the NFL as you did.

Millions of people? lol.

The fans spend more time talking about how they hate each other than talking about how the Hawkeyes will win against their next opponent.

This post was edited on 3/13 7:40 PM by HRiscool
That's nothing new. That's the mindset of the fan forums for this fan base.

Originally posted by Cougar63:
Millions of people? lol.
Kind of piggy-backing on this 37 people get cut by 32 teams, that's 1184 a year. Let's multiply that by 50, so we go back to 1965. that's 59200, and there weren't 32 teams in the league at that time. I don't know that the league always at the 90 man cap, if they always had at least ninety, and I know that some teams cut players, then sign others, then cut players, etc etc, so I think that's a pretty fair number, usually within teams however.

Or is this wrong?

What's sad is Jake didn't stay and try and win the job back. Maybe he knew along he wasn't the best. If he did think he could he should of man'd up and stayed.

IMO and that and $2 bucks will get you a cup of coffee.

Posted from Rivals Mobile

Rudock leaving validates the opinion of many on this board that CJB should have been starting over JR.

JR was given the position on a silver platter. Once it was taken away, he bolted. He knew that once CJB had surpassed him there was no looking back. IMO, JR knew he couldn't compete and he was leveraging the staff with a transfer. The staff finally figured out that JR transferring wasn't such a bad thing.

With that said JR is shooting for med school and probably will be successful in some capacity, just not as a football player. He will buried in a depth chart somewhere else and he will boost the football team's GPA.

Everyone has a job to do. Jake's will be going to class, as it should have been at Iowa.

The anger from the JR supporters in this thread is just frustration. Their world view is not lining up with reality. They may just have to rethink somethings or just double down on the stupidity.

Give KF credit, he finally pulled the trigger on the JR thing... which is good. I just hope in the near future he begins to play the right guys sooner. KF's complacency got him in trouble and now it seems he is taking action.

man oh man I'm gonna really miss the guy who had us down two scores at home to ball state late in the 4th.

and the guy who wouldn't throw the ball down field against that really scrappy UNI team.

and that guy who couldn't move the ball against ISU, (one of the worst defenses in college football) the entire 2nd half.

yes some of our fans suck, those that kneel at the altar of Kirk Ferentz.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT