ADVERTISEMENT

J.P. and his family

GunnerHawk

HR All-American
Mar 16, 2014
I am very impressed with the methodical process the young man and his family are taking in making a very important decision in his life. He is stepping back and taking time to make the best choice for him. Obviously a bright young man.

Figures he is announcing on the 2nd. I will be in Northern Canada fishing. 🇨🇦 Hope he picks the good guys in Black & Gold.

Last edited:
I am very impressed with the methodical process the young man and his family are taking in making a very important decision in his life. He is taking stepping back and time to make the best choice for him. Obviously a bright young man.

Figures he is announcing on the 2nd. I will be in Northern Canada fishing. 🇨🇦 Hope he picks the good guys in Black & Gold.
Northern Canada? Wow! That's a LONG way to go to fish! Why not the Boundary waters?

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
I am very impressed with the methodical process the young man and his family are taking in making a very important decision in his life. He is taking stepping back and time to make the best choice for him. Obviously a bright young man.

Go catch a 42" Northern Pike and we'll try to bring him home for you.

Yes. You have to love a kid who says "BIG announcement in 18 hours", and then 18 hours later tells us "25 more days" and "I'll be cutting my list down soon."

Takes courage.

Agree that JP and the family seem to be handling recruiting and the decision very well. As long as other blue bloods don't get involved, I think this delay of a couple of weeks is great news for the Hawks.

Reactions: BBHawk
I don’t think it is the least bit strange. The kid has a process and everyone is after him to give out any tidbits as to where he is leaning so he announces a date for his decision to get reporters off his back. Seems to me his head is screwed on pretty straight.

I don’t think it is the least bit strange. The kid has a process and everyone is after him to give out any tidbits as to where he is leaning so he announces a date for his decision to get reporters off his back. Seems to me his head is screwed on pretty straight.

So why say there is some big announcement coming when there wasn't. Why not not say anything until you're atleast ready to announce your final 3 or 5 or whatever. Not trying to be a pain but this was a weird way to go about announcing nothing of significance really.

That being said I hope like heck he picks the hawks, he could be the next Garza...npoty

So why say there is some big announcement coming when there wasn't. Why not not say anything until you're atleast ready to announce your final 3 or 5 or whatever. Not trying to be a pain but this was a weird way to go about announcing nothing of significance really.

That being said I hope like heck he picks the hawks, he could be the next Garza...npoty
$$$$$$$$$$
I really don't get why some of you don't understand what's going out there with NIL now in play.....and with the logos of all of JP's suitors.......holy smokes and because of NIL they are still many of those logos at some level in the running which really sucks, I get it....I hate it.

I can only guess myself but NIL is in play....don't kid ourselves.

My question is.....what does happen now for the next say 25 days? Are there any ground rules or recruiting strategies for Fran and other coaches and schools? Too bad you couldn't get JP to witness and take in a wonderful glorious Saturday football game in Iowa City and Kinnick and feel the love of Hawkeye Nation.....absolutely nothing better than that college experience. I remember when Luka and Nunge got to do this with Fran and players before they committed....

It can't hurt anyway......so what happens now? I hope the boys and coaches stay in close touch with JP and I am sure they will....and talking NIL too!!!!

Reactions: intrepodor

There was a lot of speculation that he'd be making announcement this Friday in Chicago at the UA event. His announcement squelched that noise and sets in stone a commitment date.

Reactions: Bain Lipski

Good Luck. Was up there week of July 8th -15th. Great time & lots of very nice size fish. The 2 yr layoff might have been the best thing for Lac Suel. Lots of walleye over 22". Nice 17" eaters. Crossing the border was not a problem. Sorry to hijack the thread.
Have fun

Good Luck. Was up there week of July 8th -15th. Great time & lots of very nice size fish. The 2 yr layoff might have been the best thing for Lac Suel. Lots of walleye over 22". Nice 17" eaters. Crossing the border was not a problem. Sorry to hijack the thread.
Have fun
No worries, we are North and East of Nipigon. Two year lay-off sucked. I use to fish the Kenora/Dryden area. Tight-lines!

I think people overanalyzing the thought process of teenagers is strange but to each his own.

I think people overanalyzing the thought process of teenagers is strange but to each his own.

This.

My kids were continually rethinking their college choice almost up to the start of classes...even after spending 3 weeks doing fall practices. They are making a life changing decision and some just aren't sure, even after being at the school for a while.

That's why I'm all for fairly lenient transfer rules. 18 year olds sometimes can't see bigger pictures than they are looking at. Throw a full arena, multi-million $$ practice facilities and getting to know some guy who's about to play in the league in the mix, makes the decision harder.

If NIL is indeed the deciding factor we will be smoked, if not the deciding factor we have a decent shot.

Oddly enough, I think it's anything but.
Like BB, I believe that the strong recency effect from the Syracuse visit would have increased their chances with a quick announcement. I don't know much about the whole NIL crap influence, but if that doesn't take over, a couple of weeks is just about right for the family to have thought it through and make the best decision.

For everyone freaking out--JP just gave an interview that said the reason he isn't announcing until September is his AAU coach is out of the country at the moment and doesn't get back until September 1 and he wants his coach to be there with him. It's a paywalled article, so I won't link it.

Everyone just needs to chill.

Not a fan of this whole NIL thing. Seems more like pay for play. I need to look into what the Swarm thing is. Too bad it's not longer about an education, culture and a coach who can get you possibly to the NBA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT