ADVERTISEMENT

Jackson Smolek

Loved his work deciphering the Iowa offense:
ART_11756_34379_C_1024x1024.jpg

I’m not disparaging ML and his talents but Iowa should of offered this kid based on his ability to throw and make plays with his feet. Something Iowa is currently lacking big time. Besides, Iowa probably need a few more qb recruits after this season due to losing the ones we have on the roster hitting portal for not being given a chance.

And I’d put more stock in PSU and their ability to find qb’s compared to Iowa and the OC/QB Coach. I’m sure he’d say what’s the upside to recruiting and signing him or we don’t want a qb like that to use his feet like he plays backyard football. Brian is a moron.

So you don't have a clue how his recruiting process went down and why he committed to psu?

So you don't have a clue how his recruiting process went down and why he committed to psu?
So are you going to tell me Iowa was in on him but he chose Tulane over Iowa? Iowa didn’t offer a kid in Iowa that was offered by PSU after they lost their five star recruit. I’d take their qb selections over Iowa any day of the week and twice on Sunday based off of results.

Penn State proceeds to get trucked even worse by Michigan than Iowa did, lol. Franklin gonna Franklin. As long as he is there, we alright.

Reactions: owenhawk
Who the heck is Jackson Smolek?

Iowa has a commit from a heck of a QB prospect. The issues at QB look to me like lack of development, regardless.
But we "hired" the very best available "qb coach" in the country. How could development be a concern? ;)

I’m not disparaging ML and his talents but Iowa should of offered this kid based on his ability to throw and make plays with his feet. Something Iowa is currently lacking big time. Besides, Iowa probably need a few more qb recruits after this season due to losing the ones we have on the roster hitting portal for not being given a chance.

And I’d put more stock in PSU and their ability to find qb’s compared to Iowa and the OC/QB Coach. I’m sure he’d say what’s the upside to recruiting and signing him or we don’t want a qb like that to use his feet like he plays backyard football. Brian is a moron.
How many QB's do you think Iowa can offer each year? If they offer Smoleck, do you think Marco comes? Do you know how this works? Did you think KOK and GD were morons? Did Iowa's last 3 QB's have stints in the NFL? Were you one who whined about Deuce Hogan not getting a chance and now he is 3rd string AGAIN and passed up by a FR.

How many QB's do you think Iowa can offer each year? If they offer Smoleck, do you think Marco comes? Do you know how this works? Did you think KOK and GD were morons? Did Iowa's last 3 QB's have stints in the NFL? Were you one who whined about Deuce Hogan not getting a chance and now he is 3rd string AGAIN and passed up by a FR.
Iowa takes one per year.

Reactions: owenhawk
He'll be sitting behind Drew Allar for several years. Maybe he'll transfer back home and be the starter for our new Offensive Coordinator (fingers crossed).

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
They will need multiple in this class once Padilla and Labas hit the portal. Never complained about Hogan not getting a chance but looked really bad when KF disparaged him. This is KF’s offense and he put his unqualified son as OC then doubled down on stupid by making him the qb coach. I thought it was the Iowa Football Program, not the Ferentz family business.

So are you going to tell me Iowa was in on him but he chose Tulane over Iowa? Iowa didn’t offer a kid in Iowa that was offered by PSU after they lost their five star recruit. I’d take their qb selections over Iowa any day of the week and twice on Sunday based off of results.
Well that must mean bad days ahead with Lainez and Resar........

Well that must mean bad days ahead with Lainez and Resar........
What gives you hope based off of the decision making with this staff regarding player selection at the QB position?

Add in hearing Brian say at his press conference they like their qb to stay in the pocket and not play backyard football which the committed players in Lainez and Resnar appear to incorporate into their game.

Yes, I know f Wisconsin but some of you don’t want to hear the truth regarding the things this staff says which is mind boggling and what the rest of the college football world is incorporating into their offensive game plan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT