ADVERTISEMENT

Jake Whalen & Michael Ojemudia look like probable Iowa commits

-MDVOL

HR Legend
Nov 1, 2013
Texas wants Chris Warren while Baylor, TTU, and Oklahoma want Darrion Daniels. I know from experience that it is VERY difficult getting kids out of Texas when Texas schools or Oklahoma want them.

Any possible flips of players committed elsewhere to Iowa that the staff is working on?

Didn't Ojemudia get a Michigan offer after his Iowa visit? Thought I had heard that. Might make it tough to get him if that's the case I'd think.

Re: Jake Whalen & Michael Ojemudia look like probable Iowa commits

Originally posted by kakohawk:

Didn't Ojemudia get a Michigan offer after his Iowa visit? Thought I had heard that. Might make it tough to get him if that's the case I'd think.

No, Indiana did.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Friday we will find out where Daniels is going, we already got 4* OL James Daniels out of Ohio away from Alabama and O$U

there appears to be some pretty good looking prospects left out there,

LB 5.7 3* Hall out of Georgia
LB 5.5 3* Garbutt out of TX
LB Whalen out of Wisconsin although I feel that pressure from his family may force him to pick Wisconsin

FB Odeyingbo a 5.6 3* out of TX

though these don't have a offer they are still looking at IA

DT Boone 6'2 315 lb out of TX
DT DeVoe 6'4 300 lb out of IA
DT Erdman 6'5 310 lb out of Wisconsin

one of these might get a offer if Daniels stays in TX, my guess is that Boone gets a offer with DeVoe and Erdman are asked to be preferred walk ons.

none of these are fat but they are big.

Star ranking and 40 times for Boone, DeVoe and Erdman please. That is the only way I can measure them.

Re: Jake Whalen & Michael Ojemudia look like probable Iowa commits

This class is absolute garbage. Its quite pathetic. And I love ferentz. But the teams Iowa is losing out to.....just pathetic.

Things will change between now and signing day, but I don't think there has been a Ferentz recruiting class with fewer Rivals 2* than this current class. Not to mention the most recent 2*, Ojemudia, looks to have pretty good film. I realize it's light on four stars, but this current class seems to have fewer reaches than we've seen in previous years.

I actually like the looks of this class. Things are looking up. The OL line recruits look rock solid, Higdon looks really good at RB, our QB recruits are going to help for sure. Questions about the Wide Receivers. We got some help on the DL and the LBers. We will know in a few years. :)

Originally posted by Suterman:
I actually like the looks of this class. Things are looking up. The OL line recruits look rock solid, Higdon looks really good at RB, our QB recruits are going to help for sure. Questions about the Wide Receivers. We got some help on the DL and the LBers. We will know in a few years. :)
Glad someone does, as none of the recruiting sites do. Coaching staff probably doesn't think that highly of it as they are losing fall back prospects to Nevada and Old Dominion.

3rd generation you must not follow IA recruiting, the 2008 class had 11 2* recruits. the 2009 class had 12 2* players and was rated 63rd.

since
2010 4 2* recruits class rated 42nd
2011 4 2* recruits class rated 30th and that class makes up the 2015 team as RSSR's
2012 5 2* recruits class rated 43rd
2013 4 2* recruits class rated 53rd
2014 7 2* recruits class rated 59th and 2 of those 2* recruits were kickers
2015 4 2* recruits class is rated 53rd. and its not done,

I posted a thread showing all the 2* recruits by class going back to 2002 it shows that outside a couple years the team had numerous 2* recruits.

Originally posted by HerkyHopeful:
This class is absolute garbage. Its quite pathetic. And I love ferentz. But the teams Iowa is losing out to.....just pathetic.
You luv someone who gave you pathetic garbage? Explain please.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT