ADVERTISEMENT

James Ferentz

Does James qualify for an NFL pension ? TIA

Read about the pension here:

NFL players must play for three seasons before they can be eligible to receive a pension. That's when he'll be considered vested. Meaning he's eligible to receive benefits negotiated under the CBA.

But what's considered a season? The NFL player must be on a team's roster for at least three games (regular season or postseason).

For each season the player plays, he earns credits. The more credits, the greater his pension amount. So, the amount NFL players make after retirement will vary.

On average, retired NFL players earn about $43,000 annually from their pension.

Phil Parker's son is on staff.

Wouldn't you take James as OL coach?
Has he proven he can coach the position? Maybe as an assistant OL coach (or special assistant to the "gift from heaven"), but not "THE" OL coach.

BF was a very good OL coach, but his unproven acumen at OC was apparent to the world and cost us.

James and I went to school together. He was a few years older but he was always a great mentor to the younger players, wasn’t full of himself, and was just an overall awesome dude. I’m happy he carved out a nice NFL career, I’d support if he was hired as an assistant coach. BF was a good OL/TE’s coach, his dad just handicapped his potential at OC imo. BF was always more of the asshole for sure, always acted as if his shit didn’t stink. As I reflect, I wonder if in general older siblings are viewed as the “assholes”.

I know that holds true for my family “first born, outta 5” 😅

Reactions: hawkeyeinmo
I would not hire another Ferentz unless KF is long gone, and the new Ferentz has proven his worth somewhere else for job opening.

BTW, the oldest being an AH is not true in my family (sister) but is true in my wife's family.

Sure....after he's spent a good 4-5 years proving at a lower level that he would be excellent at the job and earn himself a P5-level opportunity (and after KF is long gone).

And the Tyler Parker reference is stupid, but you already knew that.
He is a paid employee man. It's nepotism. What did that guy ever do to get that job, but ride in on his last name?

• Haha
Reactions: MeetTheFerentzes
He is a paid employee man. It's nepotism. What did that guy ever do to get that job, but ride in on his last name?
LOL. Yeah, dude being an analyst for 9 years and probably still only being paid 5 figures is exactly the same as the BF debacle. That was the worst "gotcha" attempt I've ever witnessed; I'd suggest you stop trying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT