ADVERTISEMENT

Jason Whitlock Says 'Black Lives Matter' Destroyed Juwan Howard's Career

RicoSuave102954

HR All-American
Jul 17, 2023
Montezuma, Iowa
Jason Whitlock: “’Black Lives Matter’ Destroyed Juwan Howard, the Michigan basketball coach. The movement loosed a poisonous and volatile racial animus and victim mentality within one of the best young athletes I ever covered as a sportswriter.

I met Juwan in the Fall of 1992. He was a sophomore basketball player at the University of Michigan. I was a 25-year-old journalist given my first big assignment. The Ann Arbor News hired me to cover Michigan's infamous ‘Fab Five’ team. Chris Webber was the best player on that squad, Jalen Rose had the biggest personality, Juwan Howard was the team's emotional leader -- the rock teammates and coaches counted on as the steadying influence. Webber and Rose reached greater heights than Howard in the NBA but they could not match Howard's longevity.

He played 19 seasons in The Association and earned $151 million. When his career finished in 2012, his on-court reputation was impeccable. The Miami Heat welcomed him into their organization as an assistant coach.

In 2019, when his alma mater named him head coach of the Wolverines, no one who followed Howard's career would predict that his lack of emotional control and anger towards White men would potentially wreck his coaching career. But that's where we are today. Juwan Howard is under investigation once again as the University of Michigan sorts through his latest angry meltdown.

This time there is no film footage. According to reports, on Friday Howard engaged in a nasty confrontation with longtime Michigan strength and conditioning coach Jon Sanderson. The initial reports claimed it was a fight, the latest reports say it was a non-physical confrontation. Whatever happened, the altercation was bad enough that Sanderson did not travel with the team for its game on Sunday with Iowa. Howard's contract at Michigan has a zero-tolerance policy as it relates to his behavior.

There's a reason why... Let me walk you through a bit of Juwan Howard’s history. February of 2022, Juwan Howard struck a Wisconsin assistant coach after arguing with the Badgers head coach in the handshake line. Howard’s punch ignited a brief brawl between his players and Wisconsin players... Let’s rewind the clock to March of 2021. Howard sparked an ugly confrontation between himself and Maryland’s head coach at the time, Mark Turgeon. It took four or five people connected to the Michigan basketball team to restrain Juwan in this incident. At some point, Juwan shoved one of his own players... In December of 2022, he gets into with a referee. White referee, his players have to restrain him. Mark Turgeon is a little White dude he gets into it with. Greg Gard, head coach of Wisconsin, little White dude he gets into it with. The assistant coach he struck at Wisconsin, White dude...

This season, Juwan Howard has yet to coach a game for the Michigan Wolverines. He’s recovering from heart surgery in September. Despite only acting as an observer so far this season, Juwan Howard has managed to get tossed from a game. Can you believe that? With his teaming playing poorly against Texas Tech, Howard argued with referees as his team exited the court at halftime. He received two technical fouls and was ejected. Howard’s incident with Jon Sanderson, White guy, reportedly revolves around a dispute about the rehabilitation of Howard’s son, a member of the Michigan basketball team.

If Howard was a former football player at any level -- if he played football at the pee wee level, let alone the NFL level -- everyone in the media would claim he’s suffering from CTE. They would say this dude is crazy and has no control over his faculties. But since he’s a basketball player, nobody says anything. They say it’s not a big deal, or they make excuses, or it’s ‘racism’, or whatever... Juwan Howard isn’t suffering from CTE, he’s suffering from 'BLM.' Since the death of George Floyd, Howard has decorated the Michigan warm-ups with ‘BLM’ slogans, and has been one of the most outspoken proponents of ‘Black Lives Matter.’ He’s not alone.

The ‘BLM’ disease is rampant among Black people. It’s a mindset that says all Black problems are rooted in the existence of White people and White authority. When Juwan Howard loses a game, he’s programed to believe that White people cost him the points he needed to win. It’s ‘White Derangement Syndrome.’ Academia, corporate media, and the high-profile race-hustlers that academia and corporate media promote have brainwashed Black people into believing White people are God and control the destiny of Black people. 'White Derangement Syndrome' is a mass psychosis crippling Black men.

I’ve watched it with my own eyes destroy Juwan Howard. Thirty years ago, Juwan Howard was one of the best young people in all of sports. In high school he was a part of the National Honor Society. He was Homecoming king. He was president of his high school senior boys council. He was mature, and a steady presence on the highest profile college basketball team of all time. He declared for the NBA after three years in college but circled back to complete his degree in communications alongside his classmates. For two decades NBA teams sought his leadership and intangibles. He was groomed in Pat Riley’s system.

What happened? Why is Juwan Howard so angry? 'White Derangement Syndrome'. It requires Black people to ingest and spew racial animus. That animus drives you insane and takes a toll on your physical health. Howard is an elite athlete who needed heart surgery at 50. Anger is unhealthy, so is a constant feeling of dependence. ‘White Derangement Syndrome’ leads to insanity and lost opportunity. Juwan Howard is an unreliable and volatile leader because he doesn't even believe he’s in control of his own destiny. He thinks he’s a victim. Victims make terrible coaches. This mentality is crippling us. This is not the same guy I met in 1992, and it’s not the same guy I watched go through an NBA career. He was not this angry, he was not this volatile, he was not this triggered by White people... And he is now.'

• Haha
Reactions: Mpchillin
In other words he’s a racist. Yet because he isn’t white, we can’t call him that. He just suffers from the BLM movement.
I got viscerated here after the Wisconsin incident because I did in fact call him a racist. And his actions that day, were. A racist is a racist, regardless of the color of the person involved. Racist is a learned response. Racism was learned and has been practiced in America for a long time. Whippet, Red, black and yellow and everything in between....no “race” is exempt and deniers are fools.

According to the author who is black, Howard is racist.
He might be right, but that just seems like a lot of speculation. I'd rather just focus on the clearly wrong thing and that is Howard's behavior towards other people while on the job. There is no defending that and honestly, the reasons for it are irrelevant.

Jason Whitlock: “’Black Lives Matter’ Destroyed Juwan Howard, the Michigan basketball coach. The movement loosed a poisonous and volatile racial animus and victim mentality within one of the best young athletes I ever covered as a sportswriter.

I met Juwan in the Fall of 1992. He was a sophomore basketball player at the University of Michigan. I was a 25-year-old journalist given my first big assignment. The Ann Arbor News hired me to cover Michigan's infamous ‘Fab Five’ team. Chris Webber was the best player on that squad, Jalen Rose had the biggest personality, Juwan Howard was the team's emotional leader -- the rock teammates and coaches counted on as the steadying influence. Webber and Rose reached greater heights than Howard in the NBA but they could not match Howard's longevity.

He played 19 seasons in The Association and earned $151 million. When his career finished in 2012, his on-court reputation was impeccable. The Miami Heat welcomed him into their organization as an assistant coach.

In 2019, when his alma mater named him head coach of the Wolverines, no one who followed Howard's career would predict that his lack of emotional control and anger towards White men would potentially wreck his coaching career. But that's where we are today. Juwan Howard is under investigation once again as the University of Michigan sorts through his latest angry meltdown.

This time there is no film footage. According to reports, on Friday Howard engaged in a nasty confrontation with longtime Michigan strength and conditioning coach Jon Sanderson. The initial reports claimed it was a fight, the latest reports say it was a non-physical confrontation. Whatever happened, the altercation was bad enough that Sanderson did not travel with the team for its game on Sunday with Iowa. Howard's contract at Michigan has a zero-tolerance policy as it relates to his behavior.

There's a reason why... Let me walk you through a bit of Juwan Howard’s history. February of 2022, Juwan Howard struck a Wisconsin assistant coach after arguing with the Badgers head coach in the handshake line. Howard’s punch ignited a brief brawl between his players and Wisconsin players... Let’s rewind the clock to March of 2021. Howard sparked an ugly confrontation between himself and Maryland’s head coach at the time, Mark Turgeon. It took four or five people connected to the Michigan basketball team to restrain Juwan in this incident. At some point, Juwan shoved one of his own players... In December of 2022, he gets into with a referee. White referee, his players have to restrain him. Mark Turgeon is a little White dude he gets into it with. Greg Gard, head coach of Wisconsin, little White dude he gets into it with. The assistant coach he struck at Wisconsin, White dude...

This season, Juwan Howard has yet to coach a game for the Michigan Wolverines. He’s recovering from heart surgery in September. Despite only acting as an observer so far this season, Juwan Howard has managed to get tossed from a game. Can you believe that? With his teaming playing poorly against Texas Tech, Howard argued with referees as his team exited the court at halftime. He received two technical fouls and was ejected. Howard’s incident with Jon Sanderson, White guy, reportedly revolves around a dispute about the rehabilitation of Howard’s son, a member of the Michigan basketball team.

If Howard was a former football player at any level -- if he played football at the pee wee level, let alone the NFL level -- everyone in the media would claim he’s suffering from CTE. They would say this dude is crazy and has no control over his faculties. But since he’s a basketball player, nobody says anything. They say it’s not a big deal, or they make excuses, or it’s ‘racism’, or whatever... Juwan Howard isn’t suffering from CTE, he’s suffering from 'BLM.' Since the death of George Floyd, Howard has decorated the Michigan warm-ups with ‘BLM’ slogans, and has been one of the most outspoken proponents of ‘Black Lives Matter.’ He’s not alone.

The ‘BLM’ disease is rampant among Black people. It’s a mindset that says all Black problems are rooted in the existence of White people and White authority. When Juwan Howard loses a game, he’s programed to believe that White people cost him the points he needed to win. It’s ‘White Derangement Syndrome.’ Academia, corporate media, and the high-profile race-hustlers that academia and corporate media promote have brainwashed Black people into believing White people are God and control the destiny of Black people. 'White Derangement Syndrome' is a mass psychosis crippling Black men.

I’ve watched it with my own eyes destroy Juwan Howard. Thirty years ago, Juwan Howard was one of the best young people in all of sports. In high school he was a part of the National Honor Society. He was Homecoming king. He was president of his high school senior boys council. He was mature, and a steady presence on the highest profile college basketball team of all time. He declared for the NBA after three years in college but circled back to complete his degree in communications alongside his classmates. For two decades NBA teams sought his leadership and intangibles. He was groomed in Pat Riley’s system.

What happened? Why is Juwan Howard so angry? 'White Derangement Syndrome'. It requires Black people to ingest and spew racial animus. That animus drives you insane and takes a toll on your physical health. Howard is an elite athlete who needed heart surgery at 50. Anger is unhealthy, so is a constant feeling of dependence. ‘White Derangement Syndrome’ leads to insanity and lost opportunity. Juwan Howard is an unreliable and volatile leader because he doesn't even believe he’s in control of his own destiny. He thinks he’s a victim. Victims make terrible coaches. This mentality is crippling us. This is not the same guy I met in 1992, and it’s not the same guy I watched go through an NBA career. He was not this angry, he was not this volatile, he was not this triggered by White people... And he is now.'

Oh come on.

It's a ridiculous stretch to say Howard's anger problems stem from his interest in BLM and any attitude that might foster.

That's Whitlock trying to get clicks -- and or being a bit dumb -- and you were dumb enough to bite on it.

And I don't even disagree that some of the BLM types go way overboard on the meaningfulness of present day bias/racism. Just silliness.

He might be right, but that just seems like a lot of speculation. I'd rather just focus on the clearly wrong thing and that is Howard's behavior towards other people while on the job. There is no defending that and honestly, the reasons for it are irrelevant.
I don't remember anything he did that would seem to be racist.

Just behaved like a jerk with an anger issue.

He's a racist, he only takes cheap shots at white people. He has plastered the basketball facilities with BLM garbage promoting hate.
Giant stretch. Tons of black/white interactions in basketball. Acted out a handful of times. Can't extrapolate much from that. Same thing I'd say if he was white and they were black.

Again, plenty of things you could criticize about the world of BLM, but "promoting hate" is a big stretch for the vast majority of it. I'm guessing Howard's BLM stuff at Michigan was rather garden variety.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Giant stretch. Tons of black/white interactions in basketball. Acted out a handful of times. Can't extrapolate much from that. Same thing I'd say if he was white and they were black.

Again, plenty of things you could criticize about the world of BLM, but "promoting hate" is a big stretch for the vast majority of it. I'm guessing Howard's BLM stuff at Michigan was rather garden variety.
I'll believe Whitlock over your view any day of the week.

• Love
Reactions: seminoleed
According to the author who is black, Howard is racist.

Oh come on.

It's a ridiculous stretch to say Howard's anger problems stem from his interest in BLM and any attitude that might foster.

That's Whitlock trying to get clicks -- and or being a bit dumb -- and you were dumb enough to bite on it.

And I don't even disagree that some of the BLM types go way overboard on the meaningfulness of present day bias/racism. Just silliness.
Rico - there's few sports journalists I respect less than Whitlock. He manages to make every interaction in sports about race.

Frankly - Howard's seat is/was getting warm at Michigan. They've under-achieved on the court the last few years, he's had his public issues that in the case of one led to him getting suspended. None of that is about race.

I don't know much more than what I've seen on X so far - that there was some sort of incident between Howard and this Sanderson person. Pretty much it for me.

Reactions: jasonrann
Rico - there's few sports journalists I respect less than Whitlock. He manages to make every interaction in sports about race.

Frankly - Howard's seat is/was getting warm at Michigan. They've under-achieved on the court the last few years, he's had his public issues that in the case of one led to him getting suspended. None of that is about race.

I don't know much more than what I've seen on X so far - that there was some sort of incident between Howard and this Sanderson person. Pretty much it for me.
Whitlock doesn't tow the Al Sharpton line of how a black person should hate everything white, maybe that's why you don't respect Jason.

He's known Howard for years and has seen how the BLM mantra has poisoned his mind. Liberals like you and your ilk just can't bring yourselves to calling a black person a racist, your cult just can't acknowledge it actually exists.

Whitlock doesn't tow the Al Sharpton line of how a black person should hate everything white, maybe that's why you don't respect Jason.

He's known Howard for years and has seen how the BLM mantra has poisoned his mind. Liberals like you and your ilk just can't bring yourselves to calling a black person a racist, your cult just can't acknowledge it actually exists.
I'm hesitant in general about calling anyone a racist, especially when I don't know them personally. Racists certainly come in all stripes and colors, won't argue that.

I do not recall the last time I read a Whitlock article that he didn't bring race into it.

I'm hesitant in general about calling anyone a racist, especially when I don't know them personally. Racists certainly come in all stripes and colors, won't argue that.

I do not recall the last time I read a Whitlock article that he didn't bring race into it.
Being a person of color makes Jason Whitlock uniquely qualified to make observations such as the one he made regarding Howard.

• Haha
Reactions: Mpchillin
Being a person of color makes Jason Whitlock uniquely qualified to make observations such as the one he made regarding Howard.
Perhaps. or perhaps he's reading into a situation and speculating.

I honestly don't know either way; just saying that Whitlock the last few years has a track record of bringing race into nearly every topic he comments on, and at least some times it sure looks like he does so for clicks.

Take from that what you will, this isn't an important enough topic to me.

Perhaps. or perhaps he's reading into a situation and speculating.

I honestly don't know either way; just saying that Whitlock the last few years has a track record of bringing race into nearly every topic he comments on, and at least some times it sure looks like he does so for clicks.

Take from that what you will, this isn't an important enough topic to me.
Denial is a very serious mental issue, seek help.

Ahh Jason Whitlock. The parasocial black friend of every religious conservative from podunk.
Yet you love you some Joe Biden who said:

9778149.jpeg

Reactions: seminoleed
Sober Teacher is riding on the "excuse train" as far as Howard is concerned.

The minute Howard jumped on the BLM train ya just knew his hate for whitey would be brought out.

What excuse train? This is literally the first time I’ve ever heard Howard and BLM mentioned in the same sentence.

Yet you love you some Joe Biden who said:

9778149.jpeg
I'm very meh on Biden. I'll vote for him again over Trump but I'm not going to decorate my vehicle and lawn with Biden merch. He's probably the most left wing president since LBJ which is kind of depressing. Joe Brandon's Meh Society - "Don't compare me to the Almighty, compare me to the alternative." I give him and Trump equal credit for courageously getting us out of Afghanistan and finally taking the L in that conflict instead of keeping it going to avoid looking bad for losing the war after a couple of decades. Trump did the right thing setting it in motion and Joey B did the right thing in following through. Unpopular opinion but I don't think our military is very good at remaking nations in our image and we needed a pair of losers like Trump and Biden who were willing to step on that rake that needed stepped on.

Well, if Jason Whitlock says it, you can take fat boys word to the Bank. He has great taste in hats too.

Howard is in trouble because he can’t control his temper because of BLM? That is some funny shit.

This is a strong candidate for worst post of the year. Nice work OP getting this in before the EOY.

Reactions: sober_teacher
Well, if Jason Whitlock says it, you can take fat boys word to the Bank. He has great taste in hats too.

Howard is in trouble because he can’t control his temper because of BLM? That is some funny shit.

This is a strong candidate for worst post of the year. Nice work OP getting this in before the EOY.
Continuous denial is a mental condition, it is treatable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT