ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Jermari Harris officially back

I guess that is good, but his coverage leaves a lot to be desired IMO.
Dont go by the last game as that TN passing scheme and their snapping the ball every 10 seconds was really tough on Iowa.

I really hope Harris can become a much better, he is above avg now, corner who can shut down receivers which can enable more blitzing.

If Jackson comes back at lbkr with higgins and Harris and Lee at corners that is a great start.

Dont go by the last game as that TN passing scheme and their snapping the ball every 10 seconds was really tough on Iowa.

I really hope Harris can become a much better, he is above avg now, corner who can shut down receivers which can enable more blitzing.

If Jackson comes back at lbkr with higgins and Harris and Lee at corners that is a great start.
Ummmm ......

did-we-watch-the-same-movie-jimmy.gif

Reactions: sellarsd
I am kind of conflicted about it being a good thing for guys coming back that have played 4 or 5 years already. How much does it stunt the growth of the younger guys that should be taking their place?

I think part of that is because Iowa hasn't been seeing as much of that uptempo style lately because B10 West teams have been so awful offensively.

Back when Phil started to make changes that turned the defense around from middling to great to elite, it was because we were struggling with the no-huddle, uptempo, mobile QBs, heavy passing teams.

Have we still struggled with these teams at times? Of course.

But part of our turnaround was because Phil made changes to combat some of the things that were gashing us defensively.

How often do we complain nowadays about LBs being absolutely and completely mismatched against RBs and WRs and TEs?

Not very often, and if we do, it's because the other team just has some damn good players that will create mismatches regardless.

How often nowadays are we just destroyed by dual threat QBs?.......Well before our last game?

Not nearly as often.

That was part of Phil's changes in scheme and philosophy.

But to go back to the Tennessee game, we haven't been seeing as many elite dual threat QBs lately.

I think that's one thing that the tougher schedule will benefit us with. It'll force Phil to have to prepare more often for uptempo teams that want to air it out and play fast.

Even if we struggle against the Oregons and Washingtons and USCs and Ohio States and Penn States, we'll also be more prepared to see that style come postseason play, because we'll have had to face it multiple times throughout each season........not just on the rare occasions that Ohio State lands on our schedule or when a Purdue has a f***ing David Bell.............

He blew his assignment against Minny that put them ahead.
If we’d have had an offense with a pulse, we should have been able to beat any team that we held to just one touchdown. Asking for zero touchdowns every game is a bit much. That loss was 100% on the offense. Couldn’t drive 25 yards at the end for a game winning fieldgoal.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT