ADVERTISEMENT

Jesus Christ our kids are soft

While corny, the kid did something he felt was positive, and we need positive stories more so than all the negative ones we hear every hour of every day. The kid gets a medal or participation trophy in my view for being a productive member of society.

We need to tell people to continue to do the things that make them happy in their lives so we don’t end up with a person pissed off at the world that decides to take out a bunch of people because their life sucks so I might as well do the same to others.

Good job kid. Be the next Dr that helps find cures for cancer or something along those lines. Be nice people. It’s not that hard.

Keep going OP, you're doing great!
tenor.gif

This thread is a dumpster fire. Now OP is claiming the youth are soft? JFC, The millennials and zoomers have fought two forever wars and lived through two global recessions, one caused by a 100 year pandemic.

We've had silk slipper generations in America, but they certainly aren't those that are coming of age during some of the most turbulent times since Vietnam.

This thread is a dumpster fire. Now OP is claiming the youth are soft? JFC, The millennials and zoomers have fought two forever wars and lived through two global recessions, one caused by a 100 year pandemic.

We've had silk slipper generations in America, but they certainly aren't those that are coming of age during some of the most turbulent times since Vietnam.
Our youth are soft and entitled... safe spaces?

You just sound like the out of touch, grumpy old guy in this thread. I'm not sure what world you live in but youth sports participation more popular than ever and these kids are much bigger, faster, stronger than they were even 30 years ago, not to mention 60-80. Youth sports and training in Iowa is booming vs when I was a kid in the 80s/90s based on what I see with my nephews. Everyone works out more, the fitness industry wasnt really a thing until like the 70's/80s I wanna say but these looks obsessed young people especially work out more.

Sure, there have always been soft/obese/lazy people in every generation but if you wanna see soft, small, and slow go check out some 50's football and basketball highlights out....these kids today know so much more about nutrition and spend so much more time training, not to mention there are just so many more sports/activities to choose from. If we are talking tough, if it came down to hand to hand combat your average 2020 US soldier beats down 1944 guy. MMA didn't exist back then. Maybe my perception is skewed because I live in Colorado, I do know child obesity rates have been up and I'm sure the ones who don't care about fitness are more out of shape because of technology and more kids don't need to work to help support the family but for the many millions who care they are anything but soft and lazy.

As far as generations who are dependent on government that would be the many millions who had moms and dads with solid paying government jobs doing works projects like building the interstate system, hoover dam, the TVA, establishing and maintaining National Parks, etc.....or being in the military. Many refer to these years as the good old days, back when 1 person could work hard 40 hrs and support a family and the middle class was thriving. It was a good thing. I agree that overdependence on govt is a bad thing but to act like absolutely everything associated with the govt is evil is ridiculous right wing BS.
Perception is skewed, athletes are better now, it’s like the gap in ceo pay versus labor. The majority are less healthy, while the fit kids, keep using science and knowledge to improve workouts, recovery and gains in size, strength and speed

It’s not unhealthy to eat meat. I’m mocking our soft kids, this generation of government dependence. I don’t detest Fauci, he’s doing a mediocre job though. We are raising a generation of obese kids who feel like the government is their savior.
Maybe it's because I live in Colorado but even in Iowa youth sports and participation is booming and I believe as high as ever with so many more sports/activities and facilities now than even 30 years ago....not to mention 50-80. Everyone works out more, the fitness industry is a relatively new thing. If you wanna see soft and slow go check out 50's/60's football and basketball highlights, todays kids are so much bigger, stronger. faster. Yes, I know child obesity rates are up and those that don't care are softer because of technology and not as many kids needing to work to support families but the ones who care are the opposite of obese/soft/lazy.

And the government crap is ridiculous. You know what generations were and are most dependent on government? The ones who's parents had solid jobs doing works projects like building the Hoover Dam during the great depression, or worked to help support the war effort to defeat evil fascism and get us out of the depression, or built the interstate highway system after the war.....and are now on Social Security/Medicare. And it was a great thing back in the day, it built and defended the nation, turned us into the lone superpower, and fueled a booming middle class. The good ol days some call it. This generation's dependence on government isn't comparable. You kind of come off like grumpy, old, out of touch guy in this thread

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Maybe it's because I live in Colorado but even in Iowa youth sports and participation is booming and I believe as high as ever with so many more sports/activities and facilities now than even 30 years ago....not to mention 50-80. Everyone works out more, the fitness industry is a relatively new thing. If you wanna see soft and slow go check out 50's/60's football and basketball highlights, todays kids are so much bigger, stronger. faster. Yes, I know child obesity rates are up and those that don't care are softer because of technology and not as many kids needing to work to support families but the ones who care are the opposite of obese/soft/lazy.

And the government crap is ridiculous. You know what generations were and are most dependent on government? The ones who's parents had solid jobs doing works projects like building the Hoover Dam during the great depression, or worked to help support the war effort to defeat evil fascism and get us out of the depression, or built the interstate highway system after the war.....and are now on Social Security/Medicare. And it was a great thing back in the day, it built and defended the nation, turned us into the lone superpower, and fueled a booming middle class. The good ol days some call it. This generation's dependence on government isn't comparable. You kind of come off like grumpy, old, out of touch guy in this thread
I’m all for spending on infrastructure. Safe spaces, lack of discipline in schools, obesity....annoy me

Kid's a nerd, probably a little light in the loafers. But, I am sure this is a learned behavior from his folks. Maybe double dads?
I was thinking more like Randy Rainbow. And he’s definitely on the spectrum. I’m just startled by all the replies. Like who gives AF about this, or views it as an sort of indictment of “today’s youth”? These kids were ALWAYS around.

PS- I’ve watched it three more times. Damn good parody writing, adhering to the source material’s meter and rhyme structure.

I thought the kid was pretty clever and had a pretty good delivery to a large crowd, including TV crews etc.

I think the majority of HROT posters couldn't handle that situation nearly as well. Most here probably can't carry a tune with a bucket in hand, keep their voice from cracking due to stress and stage fright and probably shit themselves before they got to the end of the ditty.

Hmmm, there’s no bullying here.... just pointing out how soft kids are, society. More mocking the people raising and producing this generation. Hyperbole is a great tool in the right hands, just not yours. You believe in God. Do you think obesity and not taking care of your body is a sin?
Just stop. There’s literally no way you can’t make yourself look like a bigger pussy the more you post here. It really gets under your skin that people are taking you to task and pointing out how douchey you look here. You’re triggered. Do you think you look like an “alpha” here?

I was thinking more like Randy Rainbow. And he’s definitely on the spectrum. I’m just startled by all the replies. Like who gives AF about this, or views it as an sort of indictment of “today’s youth”? These kids were ALWAYS around.

PS- I’ve watched it three more times. Damn good parody writing, adhering to the source material’s meter and rhyme structure.

When I was young the coolest guy in America was a former teenage magician from Nebraska.
4fac4f302c0ef.image.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT