ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Jordan (Redux Joe Paterno, Dennis Hastert, Larry Nassar)

burk11

HR All-State
Mar 12, 2003
See links bottom of this posting

Representative Jim Jordan (Republican U.S. Congress / Ohio) the latest in the catalogue of NCAA officials (former) to be caught in a shameful series of behaviors. This time involving intercollegiate wrestling at Ohio State University. One thing that is so maddening is the unending stream of denials from people whose primary responsibility is the welfare of the student athlete(s) for whom they have supervisory control. Deny, deny, deny! Just once someone should step forward and accept accountability.

Maybe the university president (Graham Spanier, resigned Penn State President) can deny knowledge because he is so far removed from the ‘locker room’. But Jim Jordan was right there with these ‘kids’ when these actions/crimes occurred. And he is a central/fundamental part of the staff responsible for ‘institutional control’ of the wrestling program. Comments?

Reactions: bawlmerhawk
See links bottom of this posting

Representative Jim Jordan (Republican U.S. Congress / Ohio) the latest in the catalogue of NCAA officials (former) to be caught in a shameful series of behaviors. This time involving intercollegiate wrestling at Ohio State University. One thing that is so maddening is the unending stream of denials from people whose primary responsibility is the welfare of the student athlete(s) for whom they have supervisory control. Deny, deny, deny! Just once someone should step forward and accept accountability.

Maybe the university president (Graham Spanier, resigned Penn State President) can deny knowledge because he is so far removed from the ‘locker room’. But Jim Jordan was right there with these ‘kids’ when these actions/crimes occurred. And he is a central/fundamental part of the staff responsible for ‘institutional control’ of the wrestling program. Comments?

echoes of JoPa, for sure

sounds like there were several credible victims.... this doesn't look good for Jordan

Not much will come of this, that fruit offed himself in 2005. Also, there have been athletes from 16 different sports complain about Strauss- that’s a lot of coaches! Seems odd that the only one that knew what was going on happens to be a high-profile politician.

One of the accusers is nutjob desabito and another of them if a guy who embezzled $2000000.

This is a move to get money from the university and maybe take down Jordan in the process. Pretty sure Desabito is a big lefty.

If a dude touched my junk as a 20 year old college student I would knock him out and nearly everyone I know in college would do the same.

I am sure the dude was a creep but these guys are trying to get money from a situation that is probably nothing like they are describing.

While there may be a financial motivation this appears to be more of a political hit job. The law firm, Perkins Coie, is the same outfit that manufactured the completely unsubstantiated Russian Dossier that no credible person or organization will allow themselves to be associated with.

Ryan has announced his retirement and Jordan is a strong candidate to be the next speaker of the house. Anyone else wonder about the timing on this? They call it the swamp for a reason.

While there may be a financial motivation this appears to be more of a political hit job. The law firm, Perkins Coie, is the same outfit that manufactured the completely unsubstantiated Russian Dossier that no credible person or organization will allow themselves to be associated with.

Ryan has announced his retirement and Jordan is a strong candidate to be the next speaker of the house. Anyone else wonder about the timing on this? They call it the swamp for a reason.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Sara Henryson
Not much will come of this, that fruit offed himself in 2005. Also, there have been athletes from 16 different sports complain about Strauss- that’s a lot of coaches! Seems odd that the only one that knew what was going on happens to be a high-profile politician.

The question on Jordan is his total denial that he knew anything about it. Everyone at OHS wrestling knew about Strauss, but somehow Jordan knew nothing. If Jordan had just admitted that he had heard romors about it, he would be fine. Numerous wrestlers have claimed that they told Jordan about the "abuse". Why did Jordan lie about it?

Yes...don’t need it to stick. Just need it to be talked about during the selection process. Lots of folks on both sides would rather see McCarthey from Cali be speaker.

DiSabato has a history of suing people to include tOSU. Yet when speaking about Jordan, he had this to say back in 2017:

DiSabato said what happened at Michigan State inspired him to come forward. I'm sure the payday at MSU didn't influence him at all....I'm sure he just wants justice from a guy that died 13 years ago. The other guy is an ex con who was in jail for fraud for bilking investors out of money. It wasn't his first offense. We are also supposed to believe that college aged men got abused by a doctor and never physically reacted.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/06/13/former-osu-wrestler-back-in-jail.html

The doctor died 13 years ago and yet this is just now being brought up...right before the Speaker of the House is decided. My guess? Jordan is forced to withdraw his name and this will quietly go away. One may hate everything that Jim Jordan stands for...that's fair. But please examine if you are supporting this because of your politics or that you legit believe that guys like DiSabato and Yetts all of a sudden had an attack of conscious. All of this may have happened, but either way, it's not good for the sport because the Jordans are one of the most prominent families in it.

Russ Hellickson seems to somewhat backup the claims that the doctor was a bit creepy at the very least, if the quotes attributed to him are actually true.

Is DiSabato claiming, as a wrestler, that he was raped by the team doctor and he was too much of a wuss to jack his jaw?

Also, from the stories I have read these wrestlers aren't blaming Jordan for covering anything up or not helping them. He was just one of many people they allegedly spoke with about it back in the day and they are miffed that he now denies having any knowledge of it and aren't backing their claims now that they Re bringing a suit against the school

Is DiSabato claiming, as a wrestler, that he was raped by the team doctor and he was too much of a wuss to jack his jaw?
Part of his claim is that it happened while he was in middle school or early school. But yes, it does seem odd that if this behavior was as prevelant as they claim that no one took physical action or that coaches weren't more proactive in curbing the issue or getting rid of him. Seems hard to believe on the surface that everyone just sort of rolled their eyes or laughed it off.

Yes...don’t need it to stick. Just need it to be talked about during the selection process. Lots of folks on both sides would rather see McCarthey from Cali be speaker.

DiSabato has a history of suing people to include tOSU. Yet when speaking about Jordan, he had this to say back in 2017:

DiSabato said what happened at Michigan State inspired him to come forward. I'm sure the payday at MSU didn't influence him at all....I'm sure he just wants justice from a guy that died 13 years ago. The other guy is an ex con who was in jail for fraud for bilking investors out of money. It wasn't his first offense. We are also supposed to believe that college aged men got abused by a doctor and never physically reacted.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/06/13/former-osu-wrestler-back-in-jail.html

The doctor died 13 years ago and yet this is just now being brought up...right before the Speaker of the House is decided. My guess? Jordan is forced to withdraw his name and this will quietly go away. One may hate everything that Jim Jordan stands for...that's fair. But please examine if you are supporting this because of your politics or that you legit believe that guys like DiSabato and Yetts all of a sudden had an attack of conscious. All of this may have happened, but either way, it's not good for the sport because the Jordans are one of the most prominent families in it.
And there it is. The Jordan name.

Thetr are bound to have been more coaches in the know. However, only one is an elected public official
with accusers who have made the national news.

This investigation has been going on since April. If only the two guys show up, then probably nothing happens. If 5-10-15 guys step up....then you've got a slow boil like PSU and MSU and the truth will come out...and it won't be pretty.

If this did all happen, it would be a damn shame if it's not pursued to the fullest extent just because of who Jim Jordan is and how prominent his family is in the sport of wrestling
Agreed. Part of the problem at PSU was the belief that nothing should tarnish the legacy of Paterno. Those defending him refused to want to believe what eventually became public.

In this case... some are already defending Jordan because of his politics.

If he did anything wrong... it will eventually be revealed. The Jordans being prominent is wrestling should not affect the legal approach.

Agreed. Part of the problem at PSU was the belief that nothing should tarnish the legacy of Paterno. Those defending him refused to want to believe what eventually became public.

If he did anything wrong... it will eventually be revealed. The Jordans being prominent is wrestling should not affect the legal approach.
Mitchell, please don't start making reasonable posts.

Full disclosure- I'm a registered Republican ,but self identify as a Libertarian.

Not sure what to make of this; however, timing is dubious at best. Financial motives cause people to act in their own self-interest. PSU wrote a few large checks, I'm sure tOSU has very deep pockets too.

I went to PSU football camps as a high school junior. After lunch one day, I took a nap in my dorm and overslept. Tim Curley (yes, THAT Tim Curley) was the Director of Football Camps in 1979. He opened my locked dorm room only to find me taking a nap. Now what happens if i created a false narrative and claimed to be Sandusky victim number 54?? "Jerry came in and found me sleeping and.........." Most of the victims were never witnessed being abused. I guarantee I could have made a believable case for abuse. PSU was so anxious to get this behind them, I could've easily received a check for 500K.

If this did all happen, it would be a damn shame if it's not pursued to the fullest extent just because of who Jim Jordan is and how prominent his family is in the sport of wrestling

. . . If he did anything wrong... it will eventually be revealed. The Jordans being prominent is wrestling should not affect the legal approach.

I don't believe anyone has to worry about prominence in wrestling tainting the investigation or legal process.

We say "prominent in wrestling".
The remaining 99.9% of the world says "prominent in what?"

No one gives a farmer’s fart about the prominence of the Jordan family in the sport of wrestling least of all any type of law enforcement or legal system. The only reason Jim Jordan’s name is out there is because of who he is in Congress.Otherwise, nobody cares outside of th sport.

No one gives a farmer’s fart about the prominence of the Jordan family in the sport of wrestling least of all any type of law enforcement or legal system. The only reason Jim Jordan’s name is out there is because of who he is in Congress.Otherwise, nobody cares outside of th sport.

I agree completely

This is freakin disgusting. Everybody who knew needs to go away. Fortunately, you can vote out politicians.

We don't know how LOCAL officials will approach this investigation. In comparing this to the Paterno thing... I'd bet, initially, the PSU thing was handled very cautiously by law enforcement. It's possible the name "Jordan" could also cause some similar response.

I don't think this is politically motivated, and even if it is, if wrongdoing occurred... then proceed as necessary.

Reactions: el dub
Jim Jordan is a proven liar. He lies to protect the biggest liar on earth in Trump. Of course, he would lie to protect himself and his political ambitions.
https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a19841021/jim-jordan-trump-never-lie/
I'm no Jim Jordan fan, but this really shouldn't be about his political ambitions. Whether he lies or not, the ends never justify the means. This is about another creepy sports doctor who did bad things, and some others who want to hang this around Jordan's neck right now when he's seeking more power in Washington.
Politics is a very dirty game however, and Jordan could be equally adept at hanging this sort of thing around someone else's neck for political purposes when and if the opportunity arises. Being a decent human being isn't rewarded in Washington these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: bman546
No one gives a farmer’s fart about the prominence of the Jordan family in the sport of wrestling least of all any type of law enforcement or legal system. The only reason Jim Jordan’s name is out there is because of who he is in Congress. Otherwise, nobody cares outside of the sport.
Unfortunately very true.

Absolutely on the mark. People are defending (or attacking) him because of his politics, when they should be just waiting to find out what's true.

Reactions: Ohio_Hawk
what i do not understand, why wasn't this guy taken care of at the time if everybody had an idea he was a creep?

Reactions: minnhawkeye
We are talking about college wrestlers here and not young girls. Do you know the physical difference?

An example to consider:

Wrestler needs to be seen by or treated by doc to evaluate a tweak/injury. Wrestler, in reality, will be good to go with a week of light duty in the room and some minor PT. But doc wants a little something from the wrestler and has the power to issue or deny clearance for him to compete in the next event(s), and he makes that known in a subtle-but-clear-as-day way.

Obviously, I have no knowledge of the situation and am not taking a side, but the above is a hypothetical possibility to explain why a mere jacking of the jaw wouldn't always be the obvious answer for a wrestler.

tOSU now states that they have received allegations of sexual abuse by Dr Strauss from athletes in 14 different sports.

Jordan's best defense may be "Hell, everybody else knew too. Why pick on me."

Reactions: TarpHawk
1000 - 2000 individuals got raped? Holy crap! Not instances with the same kid(s). But up to 2000 different individuals?
One Individual child raped would be enough of a horrific act to send someone away forever. Or maybe just do a real life Sleepers movie - and end it forever. No reason for jail time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT