ADVERTISEMENT

Jimmy Buffett, Hospitalized After Bahamas Trip, Cancels Show

There's an argument to be made about all the licensing he's done. But I doubt money is the overriding goal at this point. There's no reason in the world he would still be touring if he didn't enjoy it.

I don't begrudge him. I just wish music and writing were the only things he did. Maybe he'd have even more of a catalog and additional books. He's made a ton of cash, I'll give him that. He's had a great career by just about any standard.

I don't begrudge him. I just wish music and writing were the only things he did. Maybe he'd have even more of a catalog and additional books. He's made a ton of cash, I'll give him that. He's had a great career by just about any standard.
A larger catalog? He's got 29 studio albums and 31 other albums.
But I'd read another book he wrote. Still, can't begrudge him spending his later years paddling and bone fishing.

Reactions: GOHOX69

Dude is making serious bank.
There's a Margaritaville venue (2 story restaurant, 7 story resort, Riverwalk, and event lawn) that's going up over the bridge near me that has been stalled in construction for months, with rumors of it folding before a foundation has even been laid. Not sure how to feel about it.

There's a Margaritaville venue (2 story restaurant, 7 story resort, Riverwalk, and event lawn) that's going up over the bridge near me that has been stalled in construction for months, with rumors of it folding before a foundation has even been laid. Not sure how to feel about it.

Probably related to skyrocketing interest rates. That makes development a whole lot more complicated.

Thanks, Janet.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
He was part of the movie "Rancho Deluxe." I am not sure if he produced, wrote it or what but he did end up performing a song (Livingston Saturday Night) and most of the sound track.

He owns a ranch or did own a ranch in Montana and seems to have been part of that expatriate Hollywood/artist colony in Montana. I know he and Tom McGuane were good buddies at one time.

Rancho Deluxe has become a cult (But politically incorrect) movie and I would recommend it highly.

Here is the theme song from the movie:

Last edited:
I bet you're fun at parties.
Actually I was too harsh and really talking about that one show, I do like a lot of his stuff and he is a great writer. I just think he was drunk and/or drugged that day as was the crowd and we had some super loud and annoying frat boy types by us. Disappointing show after all the hype I'd heard but it was the late 90s.

He was better when I saw him open for the eagles more recently but I'd probably just prefer to play his stuff on a beach or at a campsite instead of seeing live again. Hope his health is ok

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT