ADVERTISEMENT

Jimmy Sullivan, 2025 QB, commits to the Hawks

Go take a look a Bryce Underwood's film. The ball gets to his receivers significantly faster and his long balls are traveling a good 20 yards further than anything on that kids reel. There is a reason Underwood is the #1 ranked QB in 2025...his arm is actually elite.

P.S. before you ask...no Underwood is not going to Michigan...looks like LSU...so no I'm not "pimping our guy"...if you'd like to watch the guy committed to Michigan feel free to do that too...his mechanics are a mess but his fastball is elite...when you are done watching both those guys you can come back and apologize
So your QB is a Deacon Hill clone?

I wonder if Jon Budmayr, "the gift from Heaven" (according to KF) is going to be coaching in Iowa City in 2024.

aqgTzlJC

This was during his Dec 9 visit to Illinois.

Bert appears to have lost some weight. Looks like he just got out of the shower. Probably should have put some shoes and socks on.

GA8QOGOWMAAquW_
Every time I see a picture of Bret's wife I get reminded that some times in this crappy world you can really find true love..

Sorry I mean I'm reminded at the wonders money can do.

So your QB is a Deacon Hill clone?
Nah...the kid (Carter Smith) would have to eat Macdonalds 10 times a day for a couple years to reach Deacon Hill stature.

I think the kid's rankings kind of tells the story on this kid as they range from being the #55 overall prospect (Rivals) to a 3* (247). The issue is that until recently he focused on developing as a baseball pitcher and he throws like one...so the jury is out on what happens when you start reworking his mechanics to throw like a qb. Skill set wise he is actually a lot like JJ but maybe even a better runner...though JJ was way ahead of him in development at this point in their careers...this kid is not playing early unless we have no other choice...the good news (for Michigan) is the kid coming in the 2024 class is kind of the opposite...he's a high floor guy but more of a game manager type that is already close to being ready. Skills won't wow you (besides accuracy) but good enough to win if you put players around him.

Without a proper QB coach, I can't get excited about any prospects anymore. We are one of the worst programs in the nation at QB development.
Paul Chyrst or Joe Philbin would be great at developing QB's as our new offensive coordinator.

But we never get any talent. At least, that's what I hear from the people who claim the lack of offensive production isn't the coaches fault.
Just a fyi...that is an invite for the regional...if he gets invited to the finals and actually makes the Elite 11 then you can start complaining about the coaches if he doesn't produce.

NOTE: I'm not saying he can't or won't make it the final

Reactions: ClarindaA's
But we never get any talent. At least, that's what I hear from the people who claim the lack of offensive production isn't the coaches fault.
When data regresses over a 6yr period in the same 1 of 3 sets, it's on the coaches of that particular set. We have had talent, we have yet to develop that talent.

I never will understand why IOWA goes out of state to recruit these kinds of QB's?

there are plenty of QB's in the state of IOWA that are as good or better than what they have brought in from California/Ohio/Texas in the last few years.

I never will understand why IOWA goes out of state to recruit these kinds of QB's?

there are plenty of QB's in the state of IOWA that are as good or better than what they have brought in from California/Ohio/Texas in the last few years.
Any names?
We recruited Dugan so he does not count.

Isn't it possible that they just don't want to come to Iowa? That is and play quarterback? I think J.J. Kohl was a top 15 QB prospect with an offer list that would put Iowa's last 7 or so QB recruits to shame. Kirk and the new OC have to find a way to remove the stink associated with Iowa's offense. Getting rid of Brian was step one. Step two is putting a legitimate offense on the field to create a viable destination. Until that happens, QB and receiver recruiting will have to happen via the portal.

stanzi, beathard, stanley was a reasonable run of qbs. the petras era started okay also but went off the rails his last two years. hill likely wasn’t meant to start last year. i get your point but the horrific ineptitude has been recent…and hopefully never again to be experienced at iowa. hope lester is the real deal.

Reactions: Stoopsbrother
stanzi, beathard, stanley was a reasonable run of qbs. the petras era started okay also but went off the rails his last two years. hill likely wasn’t meant to start last year. i get your point but the horrific ineptitude has been recent…and hopefully never again to be experienced at iowa. hope lester is the real deal.
Padilla shot himself in the foot by leaving because he would have been the starter last year when Cade went down.

• Haha
Reactions: DewHawk and RLMHAWK
Padilla shot himself in the foot by leaving because he would have been the starter last year when Cade went down.
No matter who was QB wouldn’t have mattered!
Bad coaching, bad offensive line and crappy QB!
Take your pick!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT