ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Rogan Netflix special

Mister_Man

All-Conference
Mar 26, 2024
I use to listen to his podcast a long time ago but felt he was never funny as a comedian. His new Netflix special is horrible. Dare I say cringe worthy. I am not sure how he has so many peers who consider him a comedian.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Not sure?

It’s easy. Every single one of his followers considers themselves “experts” on whatever they are currently discussing. These people disrespect any education. They absolutely assume complete authority and knowledge on everything they are talking about.

Unfortunately, none of them are experts. But they like to hear themselves talk.

I use to listen to his podcast a long time ago but felt he was never funny as a comedian. His new Netflix special is horrible. Dare I say cringe worthy. I am not sure how he has so many peers who consider him a comedian.
Does he hump the stool a lot. Last stand up I saw. The stool should have filed a restraining order.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
He’s a complete whore. He was selling some flashlight (of course there was a conspiracy to keep it away from the public) the will burn through steel.

If you want to see a stand up at the top of his game Sam Moril dropped a new special on Primel. He’s liberal, but not a political humorist.

For comedians, they go on to sell tickets. For kooks, Rogan is the only one with a large audience who books them. A lot of comedians will stick up for him despite acknowledging his podcast is ridiculous because he has always been supportive of other comedians and helped promote unknown talent. I guess the way Rogan runs the club he owns in Austin pays and treats the comics who perform there much better than they find elsewhere. I do not like Rogan's podcast (since before Trump when it started being more kooks and fewer goofs) and no longer really have a soft spot for the guy but I understand why comedians who disagree with a lot of his bullshit and don't think he's funny still stick up for him.

Reactions: funksouljon
I'm not sure who does. But his everyman inquisitiveness isn't a bad thing. Just needs to drop his conspiracy fixation
Just needs to use some of the Spotify money to pay a staff to do the hard work to prepare him for interviewing more controversial guests he doesn't really know. He could have the same people on as guests and some dorks in the next room feeding him questions/comments for when discussions veer into controversial territory and have a more thought provoking show for his audience but he's always seen his show as a replica of the Opie & Anthony Comedy Cellar regulars hang. But his show evolved beyond that years ago and Rogan seems to have never changed his approach of just showing up and shooting from the hip. When he's talking subjects you've never investigated, he's such a charismatic guy that you're willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I don't think he recognizes that he is now mainstream media and any criticism he has of legacy media he should apply to his own media venture.

Reactions: BrianNole777
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT