ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Toussaint Appreciation Thread

Wonder how many carrying the water for Joe today were saying he plays too out of control and had to be benched yesterday.

My only complaint with Joe is he seems to ignore Jbo and Sandfort a lot when they are set up at the 3 pt line. This game on a fast break Jbo was literally standing st the line on the right top and Joe drove the middle and just stopped or turned the other way. The nearest defender to Jbo was about 10 feet away - plenty of time to get a shot off.

id love for joe to ignore sandfort. However that would mean they would have to. play at the same time.

It's actually kind of a good thing Fran's nepotism so blatant, if I was an objective observer I'd be wondering about another ism. Fran is a bitch

• Haha
Reactions: BlkNGld71
Not sure why Fran refuses to play joet last couple of minutes of close games. Could of used his D today in last 4 min but luckily we held on and at least perkins came in. But jbo at pg late in games is not a winning recipe.

Definitely need more Joey T. Joey is clearly a better player than Ahron at this point.
I think both have their moments but I agree that Joe brings more today. He's extremely disruptive defensively. He breaks down defenses regularly. His shooting percentages this year are very good. I have no idea why Fran doesn't trust him at the end of games.

Reactions: mepohawk
As a defensive player, JoeT is like having a hornet in your car while driving down the road. You are trying to concentrate on the road, but at the same time worried where that hornet is going as he buzzes around you. The emotional strain eventually gets to you and sometimes you get stung!

Rutgers and IU games when joet, kris and connor came in their D along with Keegan and usually jbo still in was the difference in righting the ship and getting us back into the game. Both games down double digits and lead evaporated quickly. They also Played great against Purdue as well.

I love good ole fashioned irony. The racist suggestion is an amazing touch too.

68n7eh.jpg

I would just like to add that Joe T is great teammate. He lost his job, and not once did I ever see his attitude be anything but positive. And when he came in any game, he was balls to the wall effort wise. This says a great deal about him personally IMO.

Reactions: J-Prof
I think both have their moments but I agree that Joe brings more today. He's extremely disruptive defensively. He breaks down defenses regularly. His shooting percentages this year are very good. I have no idea why Fran doesn't trust him at the end of games.
Mental errors in high pressure situations. That's an explanation but since I do not know the players as well as their coach, or really not at all, I do not know if that is the right explanation. Joey T does make some really wild passes and fouls.

I would run with Joe before I would turn over the keys to Ahron Ulis.

Reactions: 24 so far
Joe T is becoming a star before our eyes. His defense changes the game and makes the other team passive when he’s pressuring the ball even when he’s not turning them over repeatedly. Unselfish player. Without him we are not the B1G champs

Reactions: 2432Hawk and J-Prof
As a defensive player, JoeT is like having a hornet in your car while driving down the road. You are trying to concentrate on the road, but at the same time worried where that hornet is going as he buzzes around you. The emotional strain eventually gets to you and sometimes you get stung!
Never thought of him that way, but that's a damn good analogy.

Reactions: 24 so far
Mental errors in high pressure situations. That's an explanation but since I do not know the players as well as their coach, or really not at all, I do not know if that is the right explanation. Joey T does make some really wild passes and fouls.

I would run with Joe before I would turn over the keys to Ahron Ulis.
Toussaint was great yesterday to be sure. He is however erratic. That is the best way to describe him IMO, but I'm glad we have him, he's a difference maker when he's "on" defensively.

Ahron Ullis has regressed some IMO, just not very confident on the Offensive end, but he does provide some relief for balls to the walls types like Perkins and Toussaint.

Reactions: unclesammy
Ivey was the most athletic player out there yesterday. How he sliced through the D was beautiful and amazing. The kid has talent. Joe T neutralized him when he he absolutely had to. Especially when it looked like Purdue could have taken control. To me that was the most umpressive performance yesterday. And there were A LOT of impressive performances to choose from.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT