ADVERTISEMENT

Joey McKenna Transferring possibility

Makes sense for him at Iowa and PSU as well.

Much, much more sense at Iowa given his history, style, and preference. The staff absolutely needs to make this happen... They developed a great relationship out of HS and remain mentors and friends to him and his family. My gut ain't worth a plug nickel lately, but like Ihawked said, it just makes entirely too much sense.

Much, much more sense at Iowa given his history, style, and preference. The staff absolutely needs to make this happen... They developed a great relationship out of HS and remain mentors and friends to him and his family. My gut ain't worth a plug nickel lately, but like Ihawked said, it just makes entirely too much sense.

I agree. I think the Iowa room is the best situation for a guy like him just like I think Cortez would have been better here as well. Some systems fit guys better...not a knock on Cael or PSU because obviously, they know what to do with talent.

My bet is that he is going to tOSU. This is based on the fact that Joey is Tom Ryan's most recent follower on Twitter and Tom is Joey's most recent follow as well. Yes, I'm Twitter stalking tonight. Could be a big day in Columbus tomorrow if Hoffman is teed up too.

My bet is that he is going to tOSU. This is based on the fact that Joey is Tom Ryan's most recent follower on Twitter and Tom is Joey's most recent follow as well. Yes, I'm Twitter stalking tonight. Could be a big day in Columbus tomorrow if Hoffman is teed up too.

I'm impressed. That is some good work. I do hope you are wrong.

I hope so too Gus. I've been wrong a few thousand times before (many times on this board), so don't lose any sleep.

Really hope it's not Hoffman.

If it is, he either has to drop to 184 (assuming Martin never shirts) or sit a year behind Moore.

Fingers crossed that Tan Tom's big announcement is getting promoted to platinum status at the Aruba resort.

Although 3 of the Hoffman family just followed Tom Ryan as well include Gavin, brother Garrett (who committed to Bucknell) and father Jim.

Garrett also just followed tOSU wrestling, not sure why he would do that a if Gavin wasn't going.

More sleuthing, Jim Hoffman has a very short Follow list. And the only 2 college teams or coaches that he follows is Bucknell wrestling (son Garrett committed) and Tom Ryan. TIFWIW

Although 3 of the Hoffman family just followed Tom Ryan as well include Gavin, brother Garrett (who committed to Bucknell) and father Jim.

Garrett also just followed tOSU wrestling, not sure why he would do that a if Gavin wasn't going.

More sleuthing, Jim Hoffman has a very short Follow list. And the only 2 college teams or coaches that he follows is Bucknell wrestling (son Garrett committed) and Tom Ryan. TIFWIW
First post in nearly 16 years? Yowza. Congrats for getting over the hump lol. It was a good first post too.

I did some stalking too, Mckenna had already followed pretty much the entire Hawkeye team/staff awhile back ;)

Really hope it's not Hoffman.

If it is, he either has to drop to 184 (assuming Martin never shirts) or sit a year behind Moore.

Fingers crossed that Tan Tom's big announcement is getting promoted to platinum status at the Aruba resort.
Gotta love Aruba!!!

I agree. I think the Iowa room is the best situation for a guy like him just like I think Cortez would have been better here as well. Some systems fit guys better...not a knock on Cael or PSU because obviously, they know what to do with talent.

McKenna would fit nicely at PSU next year but there would be a logjam with Lee and Verkleeren in 18/19. He does seem to be a better fit @ Iowa if he goes 149 in 18/19.

Reactions: lionlover
FRL today talked about McKenna and They seem to think if he does transfer tOSU, Lehigh, and PSU are the likly destinations with Iowa having an outside chance. He is still going to visit PSU and Lehigh and it will probably be a few weeks before he makes a decision.

FRL today talked about McKenna and They seem to think if he does transfer tOSU, Lehigh, and PSU are the likly destinations with Iowa having an outside chance. He is still going to visit PSU and Lehigh and it will probably be a few weeks before he makes a decision.
Gonna be hard to pass up on the NLWC contracts getting thrown around these days. Expect him to go to PSU. It is a new game and Cael is inventing the rules. Lets just hope it pisses off a RBY enough to reconsider his NLWC contract.

Last edited:
Gonna be hard to pass up on the NLWC contracts getting thrown around these days. Expect him to go to PSU. It is a new game and Cael is inventing the rules. Lets just hope it pisses off a RBY enough to reconsider his NLWC contract.
IDK, $500,000 still goes a long way...

Reactions: sstark46
Nice try. It is only $50,000 for 4 years plus Insurance
After your initial vague statement a month or so back - from which you backpedalled - you are now providing specific details on the illegal recruiting going on at PSU, which is the cause for their dominance in NCAA wrestling. You've got a better pipeline into the PSU room than spyker!!!;)

I must admit, this is getting a little frustrating if true. Great wrestler at a need weight. Has spent time in the Iowa room and by all accounts enjoyed his time there and has a great relationship with TnT. Could get training with some of the best lighter weights around with the best lower weight coachs in the country. Seems like a win-win, but doesn't happen for some reason. Ugh.

The ones who moved to PA, forgoing their last year of HS, to be able to work out with the NLWC? That would be quite a flipping job!

Yea...skipped the last year of high school to gray shirt only to sit another two years? Not saying above dude is right but that would be crazy. Nah, McKenna goes somewhere else.

Reactions: HerkHawl
Yea...skipped the last year of high school to gray shirt only to sit another two years? Not saying above dude is right but that would be crazy. Nah, McKenna goes somewhere else.
I fully expect McKenna to go somewhere else - I was commenting on the Lee brothers' speculation. My guess is McKenna ends up at Lehigh or stays at Stanford (he is halfway to a Stanford degree- makes no sense to give that up...)

The ones who moved to PA, forgoing their last year of HS, to be able to work out with the NLWC? That would be quite a flipping job!
Please don't give attention to people who make statements without facts. They are a waste of space. Let them drool with their fingers up their nose in peace.

Reactions: PSUer1989
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT