ADVERTISEMENT

Joined a gym and starting a diet. Anyone up for a weight loss challenge?

Tenacious E

HR Legend
Dec 4, 2001
Edited for reboot. Now a New Year's weight loss challenge. For those reporting in 2020... poster/start weight/current weight/pounds lost/% lost:

Tenacious E 233, 230.5, -2.5, ,-1.1%

The_Devil 230, 224, -6, -2.6%

JohnBasedow 248.1, 248.1, -0, -0.0%

Mike Zierath 205.8, 202, -3.8, -1.8%

VodkaSam 209

BABiscuit 247.4

Jasnonrann 232

Randy Marsh 218, 212.5, -2.7%

Last edited:
Most of us have already banged your wife.
giphy.gif

I expect crickets to chirp heading into the holiday season but here goes. I half-heartedly started a diet before but wasn't committed. I never worked out. We just joined a gym and I am starting out with cardio only until I hit my target weight, which is 185. I weighed in at 231.5 this morning, so I'm going for a 20% reduction in weight. Anyone else in the throes of starting a program that wants to see who can lose 20% first? Maybe post results on a weekly basis.

I weigh 235 right now after gaining a few lbs. back this year. There is no way I could take off 20%. I'd look like I was in a concentration camp. I have been kicking around the idea of getting serious again, but have been out of town eight of the past nine weekends. I think things are going to start to settle down though. My target weight for my build would be 210. I'm 6'1" with pretty broad shoulders. I will follow your progress and gladly chime in on mine!

If you hit your goal, I'll gladly spring for beers my next time through town.

Reactions: Tenacious E
You aren’t going to lose that much weight without strength training unless you starve yourself.
Like most HROTers I am a beast underneath the fat with lots of natural muscle mass. Natural athlete and such with broad shoulders like Jasonrann. I might work in weights once I get below 210 but I do think I can lose the 20 pretty easy.

Reactions: JohnBasedow
I weigh 235 right now after gaining a few lbs. back this year. There is no way I could take off 20%. I'd look like I was in a concentration camp. I have been kicking around the idea of getting serious again, but have been out of town eight of the past nine weekends. I think things are going to start to settle down though. My target weight for my build would be 210. I'm 6'1" with pretty broad shoulders. I will follow your progress and gladly chime in on mine!

I used to think that until seeing these guys fighting UFC. I’m like how can you be so jacked and still weigh so little?

Sure count me in. Don’t let the screen name fool you, I don’t look like that... anymore. I will weigh in tomorrow.

Nope don’t need to lose any weight because I’m not nor have I ever been fat.

Good luck tho!

Let’s have a side competition of who can get to 210 first.

Nope don’t need to lose any weight because I’m not nor have I ever been fat.

Good luck tho!

Congratulations, a-hole ;) I'm not fat, things need to firm up. I turn 50 this coming April and have resolved to be in the best shape of my life. This is an early start.

Reactions: Tenacious E
Let me know the weigh in process and how to report.
I give myself every advantage. Weigh in the morning before eating or drinking anything, preferably post deuce. My official start weight today was 231.5. Whenever you start just report your start date and update weekly. Sadly, this helped motivate me a bit at the gym tonight. Burned 1,000 calories on the treadmill. That and some smoke show doing gymnastics on uneven bars who was obviously a former gymnast, but maybe her rack was too big so she had to quit.

Last edited:
I'm about to start bulking, but I look forward to seeing everyone's progress. I want wives to be getting boned all over the place (more than they already are).

Reactions: jasonrann
I give myself every advantage. Weigh in the morning before eating or drinking anything, preferably post deuce. My official start weight today was 231.5. Whenever you start just report your start date and update weekly. Sadly, this helped motivate me a bit at the gym tonight. Burned 1,000 calories on the treadmill. That and some smoke show doing gymnastics on uneven bars who was obviously a former gymnast, but maybe her rack was to big so she had to quit.

Rules mother fugger!

Reactions: jasonrann
I just wanted to piggy back on this thread asking for gym tips. I go as often as I can usually 3-6 times a week. I start out running for a half hour then go to the weight machines for about 45 minutes or so. I don’t do any free weights and I feel like I’m missing out. But I figure it’s better than nothing. I just have no clue where to start with building an actual fitness program. Am I doing ok by doing this or do I need to change something?

I give myself every advantage. Weigh in the morning before eating or drinking anything, preferably post deuce. My official start weight today was 231.5. Whenever you start just report your start date and update weekly. Sadly, this helped motivate me a bit at the gym tonight. Burned 1,000 calories on the treadmill. That and some smoke show doing gymnastics on uneven bars who was obviously a former gymnast, but maybe her rack was to big so she had to quit.

I am in deep shit trouble, but I'm game! So post in this thread?

Rules mother fugger!
I can’t risk getting banned from the place. This will have to be for me and those in ankeny who go to aspen. Will make sure I’m there every Tuesday night from 6-7. Jelly, I honestly have never seen anything quite like it at a fitness center. Both uneven bars and someone willing to put on a show. Lots of dudes were stealing glances...

Reactions: jellyfish10
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT