ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Jackson Named Winner of Packers Mini Camp

Very Nice. Josh Jackson is likely a Pro Bowl caliber guy year in and year out once he becomes a starter which should be sooner rather than later. I had been hearing alot of posititve chatter coming out of Green Bay about the 2 new corners. Go Josh!

Cousins, theilen, and diggs will eat him alive.

images

Is this from an Iowa Hawkeye football fan? Again, where can I find entertainment like this elsewhere?

Iowa football has played in more noteworthy games, has had more significant overall success and has had a bigger impact on its sport the past 40 years than Gopher and Vikings football combined.

.....and you know it.

Nice try, though.

Iowa football has played in more noteworthy games, has had more significant overall success and has had a bigger impact on its sport the past 40 years than Gopher and Vikings football combined.

.....and you know it.

Nice try, though.

Last year's NFC championship would be like Iowa playing in the final 4. Iowa in the football championship. LMAO

Good luck rowing that boat to another 2-7 Big Ten record. Maybe this year you can put a couple points on the board your last two games.

Best of luck to Josh. I’m sure he’ll be seeing plenty of field-time during the upcoming season.

Good luck rowing that boat to another 2-7 Big Ten record. Maybe this year you can put a couple points on the board your last two games.

Best of luck to Josh. I’m sure he’ll be seeing plenty of field-time during the upcoming season.

Just trying to find a great qb who can lead us to 4-5.

Last year's NFC championship would be like Iowa playing in the final 4. Iowa in the football championship. LMAO

The exact cowardly answer I expected. Those are not equivalent and you know it. Being in the CFP requires a truly dominant season and favorability among a committee (Iowa was a 4th down stop away from this just 3 years ago, BTW, and if the current format were in place, would have been there in '02). NFL CCG's require only winning a weak division and getting lucky in one postseason game (you should be familiar with that).

Poll the entire country about one memorable Vikings moment since the '70s, and the consensus would be the Gary Anderson missed FG. Congrats.

Only the Browns and Lions have been less significant than the Vikings in the Super Bowl era, but at least the Lions had Barry Sanders.

Soon the only memory of Kirby Puckett will be what people tell their grandkids about, as the Twins' pennant drought now ranks #8 in MLB.

Dude, face it - Minnesota sports truly suck. Throw in the Timberwolves and Wild and things only get worse.

I've told you other threads - you suck at trolling. Try something new.

The exact cowardly answer I expected. Those are not equivalent and you know it. Being in the CFP requires a truly dominant season and favorability among a committee (Iowa was a 4th down stop away from this just 3 years ago, BTW, and if the current format were in place, would have been there in '02). NFL CCG's require only winning a weak division and getting lucky in one postseason game (you should be familiar with that).

Poll the entire country about one memorable Vikings moment since the '70s, and the consensus would be the Gary Anderson missed FG. Congrats.

Only the Browns and Lions have been less significant than the Vikings in the Super Bowl era, but at least the Lions had Barry Sanders.

Soon the only memory of Kirby Puckett will be what people tell their grandkids about, as the Twins' pennant drought now ranks #8 in MLB.

Dude, face it - Minnesota sports truly suck. Throw in the Timberwolves and Wild and things only get worse.

I've told you other threads - you suck at trolling. Try something new.

I'll play along. What's the countries Iowa football moment they remember? The rose bowl a few years back? LMAO

No seriously, what would it be?

I'll play along. What's the countries Iowa football moment they remember? The rose bowl a few years back? LMAO

Kicking the crap out of Ohio State last year and knocking them out of the playoff picture.
And in this usage, it would be “country’s” since it is possessive not plural.

Take your pick:

1) 1981 B1G championship, breaking the Mich-OSU dominance
2) 1985 being ranked #1, with the #1 Iowa-#2 Michigan game the highlight
3) Chuck Long Heisman runner-up in closest vote ever
4) 2002 11-1 season and #4 end of year BCS ranking
5) Brad Banks Heisman runner-up in another close vote
6) 2010 Orange Bowl win
7) 2015 12-0 regular season
8) Classic 2015 BTCCG, essentially a play-in for the CFP; came down to last minute

Honorable mention:

4 other B1G championships
4 Rose Bowl appearances
1 other Orange Bowl appearance
7 top-10 end-of-season rankings
3 late season wins that eliminated their opponent from national championship contention.
Bowl victories over Tennessee, Texas, Washington, Florida, LSU, South Carolina
Awards - Maxwell Award, Davey O'Brien Award, AP Athlete of the Year, John Mackey Award, Jack Tatum Trophy x 2, Jack Lambert Trophy, Lou Groza Award, Doak Walker Award, Jim Brown Award, Jim Thorpe Award, Outland Trophy x 2, various national coach of year awards x 4 seasons

Yeah, maybe not blue-blood type stuff, but I never claimed it was, and the Goophers couldn't touch it with a 10-foot poll.

You can list Vikings accomplishments the past 40 years......I could use a good laugh. Comparing NFL and NCAA football can be apples to oranges, but you'll have a hard time convincing anyone that one of the least-accomplished NFL franchises since the '70s has had more of an impact than Iowa has had on college football.

Reactions: hawkhorn

Why do you even talk. I know you're trying to be funny and blah blah blah but you just seem like a drooling assclown who doesnt know any better. Keep posting though because it's great comedy. Now fire back a real Zinger like "row the boat". Erp

drooling.gif

Kicking the crap out of Ohio State last year and knocking them out of the playoff picture.
And in this usage, it would be “country’s” since it is possessive not plural.

Take your pick:

1) 1981 B1G championship, breaking the Mich-OSU dominance
2) 1985 being ranked #1, with the #1 Iowa-#2 Michigan game the highlight
3) Chuck Long Heisman runner-up in closest vote ever
4) 2002 11-1 season and #4 end of year BCS ranking
5) Brad Banks Heisman runner-up in another close vote
6) 2010 Orange Bowl win
7) 2015 12-0 regular season
8) Classic 2015 BTCCG, essentially a play-in for the CFP; came down to last minute

Honorable mention:

4 other B1G championships
4 Rose Bowl appearances
1 other Orange Bowl appearance
7 top-10 end-of-season rankings
3 late season wins that eliminated their opponent from national championship contention.
Bowl victories over Tennessee, Texas, Washington, Florida, LSU, South Carolina
Awards - Maxwell Award, Davey O'Brien Award, AP Athlete of the Year, John Mackey Award, Jack Tatum Trophy x 2, Jack Lambert Trophy, Lou Groza Award, Doak Walker Award, Jim Brown Award, Jim Thorpe Award, Outland Trophy x 2, various national coach of year awards x 4 seasons

Yeah, maybe not blue-blood type stuff, but I never claimed it was, and the Goophers couldn't touch it with a 10-foot poll.

You can list Vikings accomplishments the past 40 years......I could use a good laugh. Comparing NFL and NCAA football can be apples to oranges, but you'll have a hard time convincing anyone that one of the least-accomplished NFL franchises since the '70s has had more of an impact than Iowa has had on college football.

So a couple of conference titles in the 80's and some individual accomplishments! That's way before my time, but I'll take your word for it.

rose bowl appearances when you get your ass kicked also counts. LMAO

I literally give up.

So when you finally get to a somewhat big game and get your ass pounded, it counts for Iowa but not for the Vikings.

Again, where do I get entertainment like this.

So a couple of conference titles in the 80's and some individual accomplishments! That's way before my time, but I'll take your word for it.

I literally give up.

So when you finally get to a somewhat big game and get your ass pounded, it counts for Iowa but not for the Vikings.

images

I literally give up.

I have a hunch that you are personally familiar with ass poundings.

A couple of conference titles in the 80's and a few rose bowl poundings!

Legendary! LMAO

Such an impact on college football!

Very Nice. Josh Jackson is likely a Pro Bowl caliber guy year in and year out once he becomes a starter which should be sooner rather than later. I had been hearing alot of posititve chatter coming out of Green Bay about the 2 new corners. Go Josh!

Might be a bit soon on the Pro Bowl stuff. Just sayin.

A couple of conference titles in the 80's and a few rose bowl poundings!

Legendary! LMAO

Such an impact on college football!

You've officially taken the step from lousy troll to total message board ass-clown. It's a natural progression.

Congrats.

Why do you worry so much about what Iowa does?

Worry about what Iowa does? LMAO

You do nothing sir! I keep trying to tell you this, but then I did forget about the conference titles in the 80's!

This site rules!

You do nothing sir! I keep trying to tell you this, but then I did forget about the conference titles in the 80's!

This site rules!

So Hawkeye fans are proud. Big deal. Why does it bother you so much?

Back to the original subject. As a life long Hawkeye and Packer fan I am very happy for Josh. DB is a huge position of need for the Packers and I believe Josh will perform at a high level for years to come. Well done Josh!

This site rules!
I’m sure Minnesota’s titles since the 80s have all run together in your mind. Hard to keep them straight, huh?
1967 was a long time ago. Many of the parents of current Minnesota players had not been born the last time Minny won the Big Ten.

This is fun.

Yeah Goldteam, why are you here? Have you ever taken the time to do some self-analysis to figure out why you’re spending some much time on a site that has little to do with your team?

Are you going to look back on this time in 20 years and think — what the hell was I doing, trying to become something on a nameless, faceless Hawkeye football message board.

I think you might want to reevaluate and just come back here on the occasion that Minnesota actually wins a game against Iowa. Then we can all pat you on the back and send you back North.

Deal?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT