ADVERTISEMENT

Julius Brents

I wonder if he’s in the doghouse after 3 penalties this year on returns (2 in one game and one Saturday that put us in an early hole). Those are killers. Trust in Phil Parker, #20. Stay and get better.

Brents has a great shot of winning a starting spot after Hankins departs ... so my impression is that he'd likely stick around.

Furthermore, Brents has played in each and every game this year. That's more of a sign of a guy who is "plugged in" ... as opposed to the sign of a guy who is on his way out.

I wonder if he’s in the doghouse after 3 penalties this year on returns (2 in one game and one Saturday that put us in an early hole). Those are killers. Trust in Phil Parker, #20. Stay and get better.
Four penalties on special teams and one on defense.

Penalties Season To Date
Julius Brents 5
Ihmir Smith-Marsette 4
Alaric Jackson 4
Daviyon Nixon 2
Mark Kallenberger 2
Cody Ince 2
Noah Shannon 1
Dane Belton 1
Matt Hankins 1
Jack Heflin 1
Justin Britt 1
Tyrone Tracy Jr. 1
Tyler Linderbaum 1
Kyler Schott 1
Cole Banwart 1
Tyler Goodson 1
Terry Roberts 1
Kyler Fisher 1

Reactions: GoB1G

Penalties Season To Date
Julius Brents 5
Ihmir Smith-Marsette 4
Alaric Jackson 4
Daviyon Nixon 2
Mark Kallenberger 2
Cody Ince 2
Noah Shannon 1
Dane Belton 1
Matt Hankins 1
Jack Heflin 1
Justin Britt 1
Tyrone Tracy Jr. 1
Tyler Linderbaum 1
Kyler Schott 1
Cole Banwart 1
Tyler Goodson 1
Terry Roberts 1
Kyler Fisher 1

And NONE on our QB1, I might add! ;)

Reactions: bojihawk44

Penalties Season To Date
Julius Brents 5
Ihmir Smith-Marsette 4
Alaric Jackson 4
Daviyon Nixon 2
Mark Kallenberger 2
Cody Ince 2
Noah Shannon 1
Dane Belton 1
Matt Hankins 1
Jack Heflin 1
Justin Britt 1
Tyrone Tracy Jr. 1
Tyler Linderbaum 1
Kyler Schott 1
Cole Banwart 1
Tyler Goodson 1
Terry Roberts 1
Kyler Fisher 1
Yea the two on Nixon were for trying to imitate the snap count and draw the OL into a false start. any other year he probably gets away with it, but not with no fans. The refs knew just who to go after.. ;)

Interesting, three players account for 42% of the total penalties through 7 games.

Think he has the most potential of the DB guys we have with size and speed. I thought he has looked really good at CB and but not so much this year on special teams. Hope he sticks it out.

Seems odd that a guy receiving playing time would enter the transfer portal with 3 games to go.

Penalties Season To Date
Julius Brents 5
Ihmir Smith-Marsette 4
Alaric Jackson 4
Daviyon Nixon 2
Mark Kallenberger 2
Cody Ince 2
Noah Shannon 1
Dane Belton 1
Matt Hankins 1
Jack Heflin 1
Justin Britt 1
Tyrone Tracy Jr. 1
Tyler Linderbaum 1
Kyler Schott 1
Cole Banwart 1
Tyler Goodson 1
Terry Roberts 1
Kyler Fisher 1

The two on Brents vs PSU were a joke. Guy fell down on his own for the hold and was pushing from the side when called for block in the back with one hand on the punt returns. Think the ref was the same one that called the PI vs the Purdue tightend at the end of the Minnesota/Purdue game the night before. He had a really bad weekend and won’t be getting Christmas cards from Brohm and KF.

Last edited:
It's certainly a hit to our depth. Personally, I think Terry Roberts would have have been ahead of him on the depth chart next year but especially scary considering we don't currently have any corners in our recruiting class.

Man, that’s a weird one. Why not wait to see if you can win Hankins job? Unless it’s personal reasons?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT