ADVERTISEMENT

Just 14% of Americans think Biden has made them better off as president: Another dire poll shows 70% believe Bidenomics has 'hurt' them.

RicoSuave102954

HR All-American
Jul 17, 2023
Montezuma, Iowa
Time to start singing "Turn off the lights the parties over", for Sleepy Joe.

Just 14 percent of voters think his policies have made them better off, according to the survey published Monday.

And overall almost 70 per cent said Biden's economic policies had either hurt the US economy or had no impact, including 33 per cent who said they believed the president's policies had 'hurt the economy a lot.'

The results come after a series of polls show the president losing to former President Donald Trump, his likely Republican challenger, in the key battlegrounds that could decide the 2024 election.

For its part, the Biden campaign points out the only thing that matters is what voters do at the polling booth and that Democrats scored a slew of victories in elections last week.

'When Donald Trump looks at America, he sees a failing nation,' Biden said during a campaign stop in Chicago on Thursday. 'When I look at America, I see the strongest economy in the world ... leading the world again, the ability to set the world standards.'

A new monthly poll conducted for the Financial Times and the University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business suggests most voters are closer to Trump than Biden in their analysis.

'Every group — Democrats, Republicans and independents — list rising prices as by far the biggest economic threat . . . and the biggest source of financial stress,' said Erik Gordon, a professor at Michigan's Ross School.

'That is bad news for Biden, and the more so considering how little he can do to reverse the perception of prices before election day.'

The 14% can only be comparing 2023 to 2022, discounting the fact the current admin DID do things to hurt them the first two years.

Reactions: Finance85
I'm simply amazed that smart people and/or economists look at data and either blame or give credit to POTUS.

Gas prices skyrocket! Biden's fault! Gas prices drop. Crickets

Worldwide inflation! Biden's fault! Inflation coming down faster than the rest of the world. Crickets.

I'm only using Biden in this example because he is the one in the big chair right now. The same thing happens to every POTUS. Blaming inflation, unemployment, gas prices, food prices, housing prices, utility prices etc on the POTUS is not quite a silly as blaming POTUS for the weather, but it's up there with it.

The economy moves slowly, pretty much on its own. 330 million people and millions of businesses don't suddenly react to some new law passed by POTUS.

Just trying 2 keep it simple for u

Coming out of the gate with an MSN article was showing you to be simple enough. You still asking jeeves stuff too?

old-man-my-computer.gif

I'm simply amazed that smart people and/or economists look at data and either blame or give credit to POTUS.

Gas prices skyrocket! Biden's fault! Gas prices drop. Crickets

Worldwide inflation! Biden's fault! Inflation coming down faster than the rest of the world. Crickets.

I'm only using Biden in this example because he is the one in the big chair right now. The same thing happens to every POTUS. Blaming inflation, unemployment, gas prices, food prices, housing prices, utility prices etc on the POTUS is not quite a silly as blaming POTUS for the weather, but it's up there with it.

The economy moves slowly, pretty much on its own. 330 million people and millions of businesses don't suddenly react to some new law passed by POTUS.
In general, a POTUS can do more harm than good. Markets and the economy like predictability and stability. They don't like policies like Biden energy policies or adding $1T to baseline federal spending in 1 year. There are generally few things that can be done like what Reagan did in the mid 1980's to stimulate the economy significantly.

In general, a POTUS can do more harm than good. Markets and the economy like predictability and stability. They don't like policies like Biden energy policies or adding $1T to baseline federal spending in 1 year. There are generally few things that can be done like what Reagan did in the mid 1980's to stimulate the economy significantly.
I agree with your first and second sentences.

Reagan signed a tax bill that allowed real estate investments to be depreciated over 15 years. Soon there well empty office buildings everywhere that were built for tax deductions. With double digit interest rates, S&L's began inheriting LOTS of empty real estate - and thus S&L's are no more.

Do you mean that move?;)

Reactions: TheCainer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT