ADVERTISEMENT

Just experienced my first Iowa tornado sirens!

Pro tip, In Iowa sirens mean go out and see if you can spot the tornado.
one-hand-chair-open-cool.gif

lol it wasn’t even a tornado warning. n00b

(Edit, see it was posted earlier in the day. Still leaving this up because wild having sirens go for flash flooding)

something something bAcK iN mY dAy

yeah people died more. I prefer to die from microplastics being stuck in my colon rather than a flash flood.
I think its good to warn people for things like this. It just becomes and issue if there are too many warnings from the siren, people start to become confused about what the siren is for.

I'm fine with 2 different sirens for high wind vs tornado. But if the sirens went off, I'd never know they were for flash flood and its strange to expect people to know that. Maybe they have been trying to do a preventative education, idk.

Reactions: BlIIlken2
I think its good to warn people for things like this. It just becomes and issue if there are too many warnings from the siren, people start to become confused about what the siren is for.

I'm fine with 2 different sirens for high wind vs tornado. But if the sirens went off, I'd never know they were for flash flood and its strange to expect people to know that. Maybe they have been trying to do a preventative education, idk.
My take is that if you set sirens off for high winds, it loses its purpose like a boy crying wolf. Sirens should be for “don’t fuk around a tornado is up in your shit right now”.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT