ADVERTISEMENT

***official 5/21/24 super storm thread***

Wow 😳 I just saw pics of the storms in Iowa today. One of our local meteorologists is from Iowa and he was just amazed at the size of the twister in Des Moines.
Sincerely hope all you guys and your loved ones are okay.

IMG-1075.jpg
Weather Channel live from the Dirty D!!
Sure this isn't the AC repair guy?

My wife works at Methodist in Des Moines and she was saying this was a mass casualty event. Lots of people from Greenfield and around the area were coming through the ER
The hospital in Adair County took a hit. Same thing happened in Joplin, Missouri except far worse. My friend was the ER doc at that hospital and they lost a lot of people in that hospital. Essentially the windows blew out and peppered the hospitalized patients with shrapnel.

I worry what will happen when a tornado like that hits an Iowa metro area. It would be ugly to say the least.

The hospital in Adair County took a hit. Same thing happened in Joplin, Missouri except far worse. My friend was the ER doc at that hospital and they lost a lot of people in that hospital. Essentially the windows blew out and peppered the hospitalized patients with shrapnel.

I worry what will happen when a tornado like that hits an Iowa metro area. It would be ugly to say the least.
that Joplin event was crazy, the hospital was about the only building left standing

I remember driving by the area on the way to Texas several months later and was shocked that their wasn't more deaths

t1larg.hospital.joplin.kfsm.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: GOHOX69
that Joplin event was crazy, the hospital was about the only building left standing

I remember driving by the area on the way to Texas several months later and was shocked that their wasn't more deaths

t1larg.hospital.joplin.kfsm.jpg
Looks like a war zone.

Reactions: goldmom
I am very surprised that it looks like none of those homes had basements. I thought almost every stick built home in Iowa had a basement or at least a storm cellar.
I bet most had basements, but there's so much debris the basements are level with ground floor?

I'm sure there could be some zero lot properties.

At least Dim Kim and Kevin are praying for Greenfield.

Reynolds couldn't miss a photo op in the middle of the cleanup.
JFC...give them 3-4 days for search and recovery.

I bet most had basements, but there's so much debris the basements are level with ground floor?

I'm sure there could be some zero lot properties.
Looked like lots of homes blown away that were just on slabs. But you could be right.

Yeah, but insurance only buys you things. Pictures, legal documents, etc. It would be a bitch. Just an abstract in your safe could cost you a lot
Some insurance polices will pay for cost to recover damaged or lost documents, like legal documents, but that is usually on commercial policies. A person might be able to add something like that on a home policy.

Some insurance polices will pay for cost to recover damaged or lost documents, like legal documents, but that is usually on commercial policies. A person might be able to add something like that on a home policy.

I don't have active clients outside of the State anymore, but I am required to keep old client files for years. (rarely would that ever be an issue)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT