ADVERTISEMENT

Just finishing up a 110 hour fast and feeling great

8 pounds, I'll gain 3 back. When you do this your body ends up flushing out a lot of toxins that are being broken apart as your cells start utilizing fat tissues for energy (we all store toxins in our fat cells) and with that your kidney/liver has to clear those items out bc of that you end up flushing out a lot of water.
Yo lu exercise regularly during this? I would think your tank would be pretty empty for doing anything cardio.

I actually found more success with the opposite approach of one large meal. I sometimes eat 4-5 small meals per day. But I have to force breakfast down because I'm generally not very hungry in the morning.

I think my issues is pokey/broken metabolism or better put slight insulin resistance meaning I over produce insulin when I eat and it stays in my system longer. This makes it easy to gain weight and also creates a lot of inflammation. So for me to keep insulin levels down eating less often and eating foods that are low in sugars/carbs is the right approach. Switching over to a more low carb healthy fat diet has really made my muscles and joints feel a lot lot better and I have dropped a lot of weight with more to go, the difference has been quite amazing.

Reactions: srams21
Yo lu exercise regularly during this? I would think your tank would be pretty empty for doing anything cardio.

Light weights (more reps/lesser weight) and brisk walking, I don't try to kill it but I do want to progress the befits of it along so a bit of exercise helps.

I assume your family isn't doing the fast too. Do you just sit at the dinner table and watch them eat?

anigif_enhanced-9246-1436780512-9.gif

I have notice something but not sure if it’s physical. I am about 6’4 and have went from 225 to 191 since early August.

I have stopped snacking between meals and try to avoid carbs when it’s easy ( have more salads when I am making my own lunch, omlettes instead of toast, and avoid fries as a side). I dont feel hungry all that much. I still eat until I am full for home meals and don’t avoid carbs when my wife cooks, I eat whatever she makes.

I also bike about 600 miles a month which makes losing weight easier and seems to suppress appetite.

I would likely struggle losing weight just by cutting calories. I would rather ride bike and pig out.
Do you live somewhere you can bike during the winter?.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT