ADVERTISEMENT

Just sold my two snomobiles

soybean

HB King
Sep 30, 2001
I havn't rode them in over 10 years. Been sitting on the trailer in the shop collecting dust. Does anyone ride them anymore?

Reactions: beanerhawk
Anecdotally, everybody seems to have switched to UTVs.
Yep. I will admit that my Bobcat is much more comfortable with heat and AC, but there was something about those old sleds that these new crates just don't have...but I'm not going back.

I know a few people that still ride, when there is snow. They also book 3 or 4 trips to the UP to do the majority of their riding.
Similarly, the people that I know in the CR/IC area that are devoted snowmobilers travel to WI, or even farther, one goes to Canada just about every year, to ply their trade. Listening to them, there just isn't enough snow here to use them...maybe one or two short windows every year.

Reactions: beanerhawk
I had two, sold one in 2018 and the other in 2020.

Wish I had the F8 again, that thing would hit 110 on flats/ice. Nothing compares to the smell of a 2 stroke when you’re about to hop on & go tour with your friends.

Now, if I get the itch for the Snowy Range, I use an uncles or rent.

Reactions: JustSayOV
Sure they do. The problem in Iowa has been a decided lack of snow in recent years. Yes, most places got anywhere from a foot to 3 feet in mid-January - but very little outside of that week of heavy snow. The prior 3 years were pretty sparse too.

Reactions: JustSayOV
I came across a deal for an old 1979 Yamaha Exciter and my buddy found a 1980 Exciter the next year.....we did kind of a pseudo surface restoration on them if you will, nothing mechanical, just a bunch elbow grease & polishing, new seat cover, new windshield, etc.....they were a blast to drive and pretty quick for old sleds, but yeah, only about 1 or 2 snows a year to use them in SE Iowa.

Sold both for more than we paid for them.

IMG-0175.jpg

IMG-0179.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Scott559 and Moral
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT