ADVERTISEMENT

Kadyn Proctor…the gift that keeps on giving. 😡

Really? Did your poor decisions have a possible impact on 125 other people and a multi million $ business? I highly doubt that.......I add that his first "decision" I could brush off, had he not made the shitty comments after he left. I'm not buying that his latest "settling in" at Iowa was just an error in judgement. If so, dude REALLY needs to get his shit together.....
Is it the fault of these multi-million businesses or the 20 year old kid that's taking advantage of the system to their benefit? Who's supposed to have their shit together?

Twenty somethings do way worse shit every day and if we had visibility into the past I'd bet we'd see that most of the people here ranting about this did as well.

Is it the fault of these multi-million businesses or the 20 year old kid that's taking advantage of the system to their benefit? Who's supposed to have their shit together?

Twenty somethings do way worse shit every day and if we had visibility into the past I'd bet we'd see that most of the people here ranting about this did as well.
There's plenty of blame to go around, but if your stance is that what KP did was no big deal, then I guess I'll leave you on your island to believe what you want. He's a young man who obviously had no upbringing by people with any moral value system. And no I don't believe I or most people ever shit on anybody the way this kid did and then returned to rub their nose in it on top of the deed. You believe what you want.....

Yeah, that was a nothing article. He didnt say anything against Iowa but all he said was the worst decision he made. He might just be a mixed up 20 year old, maybe attention seeking, who knows.

I think I agree with rumors he didnt want to lose weight or hit the exercise regimen as hard as the hawks wanted him to.

K…disagree.

The fact that he felt the need to say anything after the way he treated this program is disgusting.

How about just saying “I made a rash decision, and then realized the fit just didn’t seem right. I apologize to the Iowa coaches, and fans, and wish them nothing but the best.”

There's plenty of blame to go around, but if your stance is that what KP did was no big deal, then I guess I'll leave you on your island to believe what you want. He's a young man who obviously had no upbringing by people with any moral value system. And no I don't believe I or most people ever shit on anybody the way this kid did and then returned to rub their nose in it on top of the deed. You believe what you want.....
I didn't say it wasn't a big deal. I'm just suggesting a little perspective here, although I know I'm in the wrong place to expect it. I understand fans are mad, but he didn't break any laws, or break any rules, or damage really anything other than the psyche of Iowa fans. It's just business and it's just football and if someone flashed a million dollars in front of this group on this board at the age of 20, you can bet your sweet ass that 90+% of them are taking it. On the other hand, on a relative basis, I'd also be willing to wager that a bunch of these guys in their 20's got behind a wheel after getting high and/or drunk risking the lives of others in the process. Maybe some of them did get in wrecks and seriously injured or even killed someone in the process. I've been totaled twice by drunk drivers and know others who lost loved ones. Way worse than following the money.

Man, the Iowa players must have really given him the cold shoulder.
When you don’t show up to meetings, work outs, and get your own place away from everyone on the team, you aren’t going to be a part of the team when you don’t do the things necessary to be on the team. Good riddance.

I also heard they had to go to his place to tell him bye bye due to the above reasons. He is just bent because the Iowa staff wasn’t willing to put up with his crap attitude and ego.

Oh great, another KP thread!....wasn't quite sure how most of the fanbase feels about him these days. Before seeing this thread he hadn't crossed my mind in awhile. Kind of amusing how hard it is for grown men to just ignore what this kid says and does at this point

Yeah, that was a nothing article. He didnt say anything against Iowa but all he said was the worst decision he made. He might just be a mixed up 20 year old, maybe attention seeking, who knows.

I think I agree with rumors he didnt want to lose weight or hit the exercise regimen as hard as the hawks wanted him to.
But saying it was

"Probably one of the worst decisions that I’ve made"

is saying something bad about Iowa, when no other context is given, and it could possibly look bad to other recruits. What a piece of trash to behave in such a way to your home state program who gave you a second chance after you screwed them once before. He's garbage who happened to win the genetic dice roll. He lost in the character category, though.

Wearing the Black and Gold is a privilege. That privilege extends beyond the football field on Saturdays. It is earned in the off-season workouts, on the practice field, in the classroom and the community. You have to be more than just a good football player to thrive in KFs system, you have to be a good person. What you learn at Iowa are skills and habits that extend well beyond your playing days. KP showed he wasn't a good fit and will never be. The players saw it, the coaches saw it. Not a great loss.

Once his football career is over, he will be left with a skill set that is poorly suited to success in life.

I didn't say it wasn't a big deal. I'm just suggesting a little perspective here, although I know I'm in the wrong place to expect it. I understand fans are mad, but he didn't break any laws, or break any rules, or damage really anything other than the psyche of Iowa fans. It's just business and it's just football and if someone flashed a million dollars in front of this group on this board at the age of 20, you can bet your sweet ass that 90+% of them are taking it. On the other hand, on a relative basis, I'd also be willing to wager that a bunch of these guys in their 20's got behind a wheel after getting high and/or drunk risking the lives of others in the process. Maybe some of them did get in wrecks and seriously injured or even killed someone in the process. I've been totaled twice by drunk drivers and know others who lost loved ones. Way worse than following the money.
I'm truly sorry for what happened to you. My oldest son was nearly killed in such an accident about 7 years ago and spent 6 weeks in the hospital, endured 3 surgeries and 6 months of rehab. He'll never be 100% and he's 42 yrs old. The other driver was under the influence (hit my sons car head on), at 4am and came away with a few scratches of course, so I understand your pain. Having said that, I fail to see the need for you to try to move this conversation about the young man in question so far into that experience. No one is saying that people driving under the influence is okay, most certainly not me. Saying KP had poor role models growing up, and doesn't think before he acts, is hardly condoning that level of abhorent behavior. I'd also add that many of us grew up in a different time. In the late 70's NOBODY was talking about drunk driving, and the legal age in Iowa and most everywhere was 18. There was NO MADD, almost nobody wore seat belts. Hell the first couple of cars that I remember my parents owning didn't have seat belts in the back seats, no shoulder harnesses, and almost nobody wore the lap belts. It was as much a different world then as the cell phone age is now compared to that time. We all lived through that time, and hopefully taught our kids about the new world we live in. Obviously some people did not do so.

But saying it was

"Probably one of the worst decisions that I’ve made"

is saying something bad about Iowa, when no other context is given, and it could possibly look bad to other recruits. What a piece of trash to behave in such a way to your home state program who gave you a second chance after you screwed them once before. He's garbage who happened to win the genetic dice roll. He lost in the character category, though.

I understand what you are saying but he also mentioned his friends and support at bama so I took that as "he made a stupid mistake to transfer from bama in the first place".

But I also think the kid is not sure of what the hell he is doing. Why leave Bama unless he was very homesick.

Reactions: Whinny
Proctor is one of those kids who really, really enjoys being the center of attention and getting special treatment. He was never going to stick at Iowa because he was never interested in doing the hard work of repairing relationships and making sure his body was really ready to take the next step in development.

I'll remind you - he went to a situation at Alabama where he was nearly guaranteed a starting job at tackle. The iron sharpening iron crap was BS - Iowa had better line play than Alabama did last season and will again this season too.

Proctor is one of those kids who really, really enjoys being the center of attention and getting special treatment. He was never going to stick at Iowa because he was never interested in doing the hard work of repairing relationships and making sure his body was really ready to take the next step in development.

I'll remind you - he went to a situation at Alabama where he was nearly guaranteed a starting job at tackle. The iron sharpening iron crap was BS - Iowa had better line play than Alabama did last season and will again this season too.

Some may remember this kid out of Minneapolis 5* top OT Seanteal Henderson from early 00s reminds me a lot of proctor. Iowa a finalist but kid got a lot of influence from his dad all about glitz and glam. Think his dad wanted to be a rapper or something like it and kid bought into it too and developed a massive ego. Went to Miami started lot of potential but kid had attitude issues and suspended for a game or 2 and had few injuries on top of it. Ended up being late rd pick who didn’t last long in the league.

I read something that said when he got here he didn't communicate with the football coaches, training staff or the athletic department on things he needed to do steps he had to follow through on. Another thing was that the players didn't feel like they could trust him.

I read something that said when he got here he didn't communicate with the football coaches, training staff or the athletic department on things he needed to do steps he had to follow through on. Another thing was that the players didn't feel like they could trust him.
Who would?

Reactions: Whinny and GHawk
Some may remember this kid out of Minneapolis 5* top OT Seanteal Henderson from early 00s reminds me a lot of proctor. Iowa a finalist but kid got a lot of influence from his dad all about glitz and glam. Think his dad wanted to be a rapper or something like it and kid bought into it too and developed a massive ego. Went to Miami started lot of potential but kid had attitude issues and suspended for a game or 2 and had few injuries on top of it. Ended up being late rd pick who didn’t last long in the league.
Yes, I remember that kid…very good comparison to Proctor.

This is what I think about Kaydn Proctor:
Matthew Broderick S I Made GIF
Ferris Buellers Day Off GIF

Proctor used us as a way to figure out his next move if things didn't come together in Tuscaloosa. He never intended to play with us. He's a classless loser with zero character or integrity. I don't care what he accomplishes on the field, if/where he gets drafted, or how much money he'll make. He's a loser, and always will be. If you want to play at Alabama over Iowa, that's fine. But when you pull out at the eleventh hour the first time, then come back just to leave again, it proves he never belonged with us to begin with.

Question? Did Proctor use the portal twice by coming to Iowa and going back to bama? Can he tranfer again if he choses

When you don’t show up to meetings, work outs, and get your own place away from everyone on the team, you aren’t going to be a part of the team when you don’t do the things necessary to be on the team. Good riddance.

I also heard they had to go to his place to tell him bye bye due to the above reasons. He is just bent because the Iowa staff wasn’t willing to put up with his crap attitude and ego.
THIS

Huh? Go tell him bye bye?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT