ADVERTISEMENT

Kamala’s superficial speech shows she’s not yet ready for the presidency

RicoSuave102954

HB Heisman
Jul 17, 2023
Montezuma, Iowa
Few people would suggest that Kamala Harris is an outstanding orator. Her acceptance speech last night got off to a guttering start, dwelling for too long on a rendition of her backstory before she got into her stride.

After a bit of meandering, however, the section that roused the audience was the one that is perhaps distinguished by its divisiveness: foreign policy. Particularly the war in Gaza, the subject of rowdy and disturbing Left-wing protests outside the convention center in downtown Chicago, which saw the immolation of an American flag.

Before backing into that quagmire, she stoked the energy in the hall. “As Commander-in-Chief, I will ensure America always has the strongest, most lethal fighting force in the world,” she said. Great stuff. Can you imagine a British leader, even one from the Right, being so bold? Much applause.

Harris compounded the bombast by vowing to ensure that “America, not China, wins the competition for the 21st century and that we strengthen, not abdicate, our global leadership.” This she contrasted with Trump’s threats to abandon Nato and his bizarre remark that so far as he was concerned, the Russians could do “whatever the hell they want” if the Europeans didn’t pay their way. Everything was going swimmingly.

With the stage thus set, Harris launched into the thorny matter of Israel. This is the point where it all got a little bit Alice Through The Looking Glass. Hamas seemed to get off rather lightly; and Iran – the head of the octopus which has wrapped its tentacles around the region and is reaching into London and Washington – almost escaped altogether.

Disappointingly, her very first statement, the one that set the tone, underscored her desire for a peace agreement. “Now is the time to get a hostage deal and a ceasefire deal done,” she insisted, indicating that she intended to fall into the Biden trap of telegraphing America’s desperation for a deal to a negotiating partner that is listening hard and will adjust its terms accordingly.

Thereafter, however, the terrorist group strangely faded from the speech. Harris went on to decry the “devastating” suffering in Gaza, with “so many innocent lives lost” and “desperate, hungry people fleeing for safety over and over again”. Of course, it was entirely right to show such human sympathy, and to conclude that “the scale of suffering is heartbreaking”. And it was impressive that any explicit criticism of Israel – for which there must have been much Left-wing lobbying – made no appearance here. But there was no repetition of the blame that must fall upon Hamas for the war.

In fact, Hamas is not solely to blame. Even as the Islamic Republic openly plots a second major attack on the Jewish state, it was mentioned only very briefly. “I will never hesitate to take whatever action is necessary to defend our forces and our interests against Iran and Iran-backed terrorists,” Harris said, suggesting a determination to continue to play defense à la Biden, rather than enforce a deterrent. Which is exactly what has been going so wrong.

Could you imagine Churchill acknowledging that Germany triggered the war on September 1, 1939, but then speaking movingly of the suffering of German civilians at the expense of lambasting Hitler? Could you imagine him failing to connect Germany, Japan and Italy? To defeat an enemy you must name him. Otherwise he does not exist.

With so many messages ringing in their ears, convention delegates across a wide range of the political spectrum went away happy. But the Ayatollah must have been far from dismayed. These stupid Americans, he chuckled to himself. I’m systematically tightening the noose and they can’t even bring themselves to name me. What’s the point of having the “strongest, most lethal fighting force in the world” if you’re not clear about its target? And with that, the last part of the Cheshire Cat to vanish was its grin.

Yeah, kamala did not do a good job last night and clearly lacks the energy that trump has. Her entire pitch was "orange man bad" and "I promise the next 4 years will be completely different from the last 4 years I've been in office". You know she did bad bc she is already getting ratio'd on social media posting clips from last night.

The best part of the evening was Don lemon recommending www.project2025.com to his audience.

We didn’t watch the same speech. Kamala killed it last night.
lemmings-at-the-cliff.jpg

Dear Kamala,

No one cares about your childhood. You've lived the same experience as countless other Americans. You're not exceptional.
That was her point. She was a mixed race, middle class kid from a single parent family. Nothing spectacular, yet she's been able to accomplish a lot, including a run for president.

She illustrated that she's been able to live the "American Dream."

People relate to that.

Reactions: franklinman
The circle jerk crowd is in rare form over her word salad speech.
Why would you, being a Trump worshiper, post something so inane? A Trump speech is just a long boring litany of complaints, lies, bragging, name calling, redundancy and insults that highlight the fact he is a stupid, infantile, vapid, poor excuse for a man. If you prefer his speeches to hers, it doesn't say much for your cognitive ability.

Yeah, kamala did not do a good job last night and clearly lacks the energy that trump has. Her entire pitch was "orange man bad" and "I promise the next 4 years will be completely different from the last 4 years I've been in office". You know she did bad bc she is already getting ratio'd on social media posting clips from last night.

The best part of the evening was Don lemon recommending www.project2025.com to his audience.
That's hilarious. Have you not seen the extremely low energy, very down and depressed trump? He slept walk through a recent rally. The guy couldn't stay awake when he was in office or court.

That's hilarious. Have you not seen the extremely low energy, very down and depressed trump? He slept walk through a recent rally. The guy couldn't stay awake when he was in office or court.
I watched d trump go for hours during the rnc. Did Kamala talk for 30 minutes even? Why lie?

She was not raised in a middle-class family both her parents were Marxist college professors. She had nothing in common with 99.9% of the American middle class.
Damn straight, not like that Trump guy!

Salt of the earth that dude - really pulled himself up by his bootstraps after such a middle class upbringing

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 you’re one ignorant son of a bitch😂

Few people would suggest that Kamala Harris is an outstanding orator. Her acceptance speech last night got off to a guttering start, dwelling for too long on a rendition of her backstory before she got into her stride.

After a bit of meandering, however, the section that roused the audience was the one that is perhaps distinguished by its divisiveness: foreign policy. Particularly the war in Gaza, the subject of rowdy and disturbing Left-wing protests outside the convention center in downtown Chicago, which saw the immolation of an American flag.

Before backing into that quagmire, she stoked the energy in the hall. “As Commander-in-Chief, I will ensure America always has the strongest, most lethal fighting force in the world,” she said. Great stuff. Can you imagine a British leader, even one from the Right, being so bold? Much applause.

Harris compounded the bombast by vowing to ensure that “America, not China, wins the competition for the 21st century and that we strengthen, not abdicate, our global leadership.” This she contrasted with Trump’s threats to abandon Nato and his bizarre remark that so far as he was concerned, the Russians could do “whatever the hell they want” if the Europeans didn’t pay their way. Everything was going swimmingly.

With the stage thus set, Harris launched into the thorny matter of Israel. This is the point where it all got a little bit Alice Through The Looking Glass. Hamas seemed to get off rather lightly; and Iran – the head of the octopus which has wrapped its tentacles around the region and is reaching into London and Washington – almost escaped altogether.

Disappointingly, her very first statement, the one that set the tone, underscored her desire for a peace agreement. “Now is the time to get a hostage deal and a ceasefire deal done,” she insisted, indicating that she intended to fall into the Biden trap of telegraphing America’s desperation for a deal to a negotiating partner that is listening hard and will adjust its terms accordingly.

Thereafter, however, the terrorist group strangely faded from the speech. Harris went on to decry the “devastating” suffering in Gaza, with “so many innocent lives lost” and “desperate, hungry people fleeing for safety over and over again”. Of course, it was entirely right to show such human sympathy, and to conclude that “the scale of suffering is heartbreaking”. And it was impressive that any explicit criticism of Israel – for which there must have been much Left-wing lobbying – made no appearance here. But there was no repetition of the blame that must fall upon Hamas for the war.

In fact, Hamas is not solely to blame. Even as the Islamic Republic openly plots a second major attack on the Jewish state, it was mentioned only very briefly. “I will never hesitate to take whatever action is necessary to defend our forces and our interests against Iran and Iran-backed terrorists,” Harris said, suggesting a determination to continue to play defense à la Biden, rather than enforce a deterrent. Which is exactly what has been going so wrong.

Could you imagine Churchill acknowledging that Germany triggered the war on September 1, 1939, but then speaking movingly of the suffering of German civilians at the expense of lambasting Hitler? Could you imagine him failing to connect Germany, Japan and Italy? To defeat an enemy you must name him. Otherwise he does not exist.

With so many messages ringing in their ears, convention delegates across a wide range of the political spectrum went away happy. But the Ayatollah must have been far from dismayed. These stupid Americans, he chuckled to himself. I’m systematically tightening the noose and they can’t even bring themselves to name me. What’s the point of having the “strongest, most lethal fighting force in the world” if you’re not clear about its target? And with that, the last part of the Cheshire Cat to vanish was its grin.

Anybody laughing in this post is dumber than dumb. She was god-awful last night. Is this somebody you want to go up against China and Russia? Some of you guys are just stupid as hell. Oh Kamala, she’s the greatest oh my!😂

Trump has a superficial brain. He's 80 years old and still worries about popularity contests like he's in middle school

Reactions: EasyHawk
Kamala killed it last night with a terrific speech. How novel that she did it without once saying the country sucks or personally attacking her opponents' personal appearance. And all of this going for her without ever having been convicted of a felony or having attempted to overturn an election - unbelievable! Folks, we've got a real winner in Kamala!

Reactions: kcnole63
I didn't see her speech but did notice in the days leading up to it the obsession with DJT is really out there. Every speaker went in on trying to blast him, almost as if they had nothing else of substance to offer.

Anybody laughing in this post is dumber than dumb. She was god-awful last night. Is this somebody you want to go up against China and Russia? Some of you guys are just stupid as hell. Oh Kamala, she’s the greatest oh my!😂
Harris gave a good speech last night and I believe almost anyone that is objective would agree. She is a decent candidate (certainly not great), but is waaaayyyy better than Trump. I have no concerns about her going up against Russia (they can't even defeat Ukraine) and I think she can hold her own against China.

Her as opposed to trump who is in love with dictators and rolls over on his back for them? Yes, definitely she is who we want to go up against China and Russia. You have been brainwashed by the maga cult. Very weird.

• Haha
Reactions: HIWILLE and BGHAWK

Idiot

Reactions: BGHAWK
OP is a few steps behind Dear Leader in his outrage.

Love it!

Kennedy says it best right here >

Her as opposed to trump who is in love with dictators and rolls over on his back for them? Yes, definitely she is who we want to go up against China and Russia. You have been brainwashed by the maga cult. Very weird.
Yep, you are one dumb Mfker

Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT