ADVERTISEMENT

Has there ever been a comparable rise to the Presidency like we are seeing with Kamala Harris?

No. Unprecedented to put it mildly.
Not unprecedented. Theodore Roosevelt was, I believe, put into the VP slot so that he couldn't piss people off, then he became president to their chagrin. The difference is he actually did things before getting to that stage.

Pretty hard not to rise up when you are at rock bottom to start. I wouldn’t say much of it was because of her own doing either. She was brought on as VP because she is a “black woman” and was given the presidential elect because the dems were in oh shit mode and had no where else to turn to.

There are positives to having a diverse ticket with qualified people. It's a better team. You might want to consider that rather than taking the racist view that black women are not qualified.

Not unprecedented. Theodore Roosevelt was, I believe, put into the VP slot so that he couldn't piss people off, then he became president to their chagrin. The difference is he actually did things before getting to that stage.
He became president because McKinley was assassinated.

Not seeing how Harris becoming the nominee is comparable.

Agree to disagree on this.

Abraham Lincoln getting the nomination in 1860 was different in character but arguably as surprising. He was known for his debates with Douglas but wasn't considered as one of the top 3 options coming into the convention.

Pretty hard not to rise up when you are at rock bottom to start. I wouldn’t say much of it was because of her own doing either. She was brought on as VP because she is a “black woman” and was given the presidential elect because the dems were in oh shit mode and had no where else to turn to.
I wasn't excited about her in 2020 but to say her only qualifications are her race and gender is insulting to professional educated women everywhere

It's pretty crazy when you think about her last 5 years in politics.

Dec 3, 2019: Harris ends her 2020 presidential campaign.

She was then picked by Joe Biden in 2020 as his VP running mate.

June 27, 2024: Biden/Trump Presidential debate, which was a disaster for Biden.

July 24, 2024: Biden drops out of Presidential race and endorses Harris.

August 22, 2024: At the DNC in Chicago, Harris accepts the Democratic nomination for President of the United States.

September 10, 2024: Harris destroys Trump in their first (and last?) Presidential debate.

November 5, 2024⁩: Kamala Harris becomes the next President of the United States.

Teddy Roosevelt, my favorite president ever.

It's pretty crazy when you think about her last 5 years in politics.

Dec 3, 2019: Harris ends her 2020 presidential campaign.

She was then picked by Joe Biden in 2020 as his VP running mate.

June 27, 2024: Biden/Trump Presidential debate, which was a disaster for Biden.

July 24, 2024: Biden drops out of Presidential race and endorses Harris.

August 22, 2024: At the DNC in Chicago, Harris accepts the Democratic nomination for President of the United States.

September 10, 2024: Harris destroys Trump in their first (and last?) Presidential debate.

November 5, 2024⁩: Kamala Harris becomes the next President of the United States.

Kamala Harris will never be president of this country.

So if she was a white man with the same qualifications, you can say she 100% would have been the VP? Don’t be so naive.
She arguably has more qualifications than the 44th and 45 President of the US and the current Republican vice presidential nominee.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT