ADVERTISEMENT

Keegan is Special. Check out Kenyon Murray's Posts in this Thread, where he Evaluates His Sons' Basketball Skills

his game is impressive. Could probably be a 1st round pick next season if he adds a little muscle. His shooting touch and athleticism are what NBA teams love.

Im coming to the unpleasant conclusion that Iowa is probably not going to have him around 4 years.

Im hoping for 2 more.

Reactions: atkins 23
@PHawkKenyon , were you ever PLUS 30 in a game? o_O

ErLK27iXMAEjkoI

Last edited:
Reactions: NoSwampDonkeys
5 bench players played on Jan 10 vs Minny and only 3 scored:

PMac with 4
Jack with 3
Joe T with 2

Keegan's stats:
11 min
0 points
0-1 FG
0-0 FT
4 rebounds (2 offensive)
3 turnovers
3 fouls

5 bench players played on Jan 10 vs Minny and only 3 scored:

PMac with 4
Jack with 3
Joe T with 2

Keegan's stats:
11 min
0 points
0-1 FG
0-0 FT
4 rebounds (2 offensive)
3 turnovers
3 fouls
Not a good day for him today. Got the quick hook a couple of times too. Wasn't his day, guess it was his turn, but we still won so no biggy. Won't be his last so-so day I'm sure. Flush it and try to get right the next one.

Not a good day for him today. Got the quick hook a couple of times too. Wasn't his day, guess it was his turn, but we still won so no biggy. Won't be his last so-so day I'm sure. Flush it and try to get right the next one.
As a team, Iowa only had 10 turnovers for the game (Keegan with 3 of them). Hopefully they keep that low turnover trend going.

Reactions: 24 so far
Keegan is smooth - can rebound- block shots and score. Incredible as a Freshman. I have a feeling his brother is going to find his groove as well, as the season progresses. I'd be curious as to who was born first? Dad- care to comment?

Reactions: Franisdaman
Although Keegan didn’t have his A game against Minn & got pulled because of foul trouble, he still added quickness & energy to the defense, affected passing lanes & rebounded. Wasn’t like he disappeared or went into a funk.

Reactions: HawkRugged17
Although Keegan didn’t have his A game against Minn & got pulled because of foul trouble, he still added quickness & energy to the defense, affected passing lanes & rebounded. Wasn’t like he disappeared or went into a funk.
Keegan had tough foul calls with two of the three being questionable. JBo’s performance kept JoeT’s minutes down and the new 1000 point club member kept Patty’s minutes down. When your starters are rolling like that, no need for the bench.

Some people were saying Keegan had a typical freshman game, but I disagree; his game looked the same. But the calls didn’t go his way, even one of his turnovers should have been JBo’s & his 3 looked good but just didn’t drop.
Anyone else think Keegan might be able to challenge Weezy for team poker face?

I did, thanks! They actually played it at half time of the Minnesota game. Keegan didn't even tell us they did it. LOL
humble kid! ;)

how much have you gotten to see Keegan & Kris since the season began?

how does it work at games? do you have to keep a distance before & after the games?

just curious what the protocols are for family

Crazy question. How long is Kegans reach? The reason I ask is because they have shown some of the best NBA players are at or close to the 1.1 ratio of reach to height. It has been a joy to watch him and this team. I am old enough to have seen Kenyon live for three years back in the day.

• Love
Reactions: Franisdaman
humble kid! ;)

how much have you gotten to see Keegan & Kris since the season began?

how does it work at games? do you have to keep a distance before & after the games?

just curious what the protocols are for family
We see them at their dorm when we drop off food, clothes, etc. As far games go, we can go, sit socially distance from other families, but zero contact with the players after the game. We FaceTime with them 1-2 a week. Willing to have it this way if it leads to a nice tourney run. 😁

Crazy question. How long is Kegans reach? The reason I ask is because they have shown some of the best NBA players are at or close to the 1.1 ratio of reach to height. It has been a joy to watch him and this team. I am old enough to have seen Kenyon live for three years back in the day.
He and Kris have a 6’11.5 inch wingspan.

No, he's getting about the right mins. Still has to develop, but we need to stop rotating all subs in at the same time. Get KM more time with the 1s.

I know I’m responding to an older post but you do realize that the 2nd most used lineup is Garza Murray Joe W CJ JBo, right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT