ADVERTISEMENT

Kemdawg

This! I’d much rather keep Kem over anyone but Spencer from the last several - and I mean lots and lots - years! What a talent!!
And he was a great example of how the next evolution of the program should be.
Solid recruit from Pennsylvania out of a club we need to keep connections with.
Versatile "modern" style.
Tremendous strength and conditioning progress and understanding.
HIGH intelligence.

You're delusional. That's a great example of how poor leaders running poor programs and organizations think.
Delusional? Good grief you're insufferable sometimes.
We better hope Spencer doesn't retire from competition and want to get into coaching anytime soon... you know since apparently there's nothing we'd be able to do to keep him in the program.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
Delusional? Good grief you're insufferable sometimes.
We better hope Spencer doesn't retire from competition and want to get into coaching anytime soon... you know since apparently there's nothing we'd be able to do to keep him in the program.

What are you talking about? Where did I even so much as give the impression that nothing can be done to keep people? Iowa has kept people and that will only continue--too often for my taste, for the record.

You said good organizations keep good people. They do. But they don't keep all the good people. Believing otherwise is delusional yet you keep doubling down. Thus...you're delusional.

Why I have to explain this, I don't know. But here we are, I guess.

riiiiiight. Cuz that's what Carl is doing, right? running a "poor" program?

Deangelo Vickers must think so, because even the great Cael Sanderson doesn't keep everyone. I guess he's just not creative enough. LOL

What are you talking about? Where did I even so much as give the impression that nothing can be done to keep people? Iowa has kept people and that will only continue--too often for my taste, for the record.

You said good organizations keep good people. They do. But they don't keep all the good people. Believing otherwise is delusional yet you keep doubling down. Thus...you're delusional.

Why I have to explain this, I don't know. But here we are, I guess.

Deangelo Vickers must think so, because even the great Cael Sanderson doesn't keep everyone. I guess he's just not creative enough. LOL
Again, you're the one projecting the "keep all of them" and "keep everyone" in this, no one else is. I don't want us to keep everyone. I want us to keep/hire the really good ones and a lot of people think MK is just that. Minnesota obviously does as well.

Again, you're the one projecting the "keep all of them" and "keep everyone" in this, no one else is. I don't want us to keep everyone. I want us to keep/hire the really good ones and a lot of people think MK is just that. Minnesota obviously does as well.

I will remind you of the initial post, and your response:

How would you keep him?

You only have so many spots/money.

Figure it out. That's what good organizations do with good people. PSU is figuring that out clearly. I don't care how but you don't let people like him leave your program, and zero chance money should be remotely limiting with this program. None.

To which I replied:
The Iowa program cranks out good people annually to the point that no amount of creativity is going to keep them all. Iowa can’t, nor should they, be trying to hold onto all the good former wrestlers. That’s a 💩 strategy.

And it's still funny you cite PSU here when even they aren't able to keep everyone in the program. But Iowa can? Please...so ridiculous.

You gotta type it slower so Spooner can keep up.

Yeah this is definitely a me thing. LOL

Come On Wow GIF by BrownSugarApp

Per the Vickers theory, this should be the Iowa/HWC coaching/admin staff:

Tom Brands
Terry Brands
Ryan Morningstar
Bobby Telford
Brent Metcalf
Derek St. John
Kevin Dresser
Tony Ramos
Thomas Gilman
Bill Zadick
Tom Ryan
Doug Schwab
Barry Davis
Tony Ersland
Ty Eustace
Tony Cassioppi
Dan Dennis
Chad Beatty
Mike Kemerer

And probably a bunch more I didn't think to include. No excuse for these guys not being at Iowa. None. They should have just figured it out, you guys.

Again, you're the one projecting the "keep all of them" and "keep everyone" in this, no one else is. I don't want us to keep everyone. I want us to

Tom Brands
Terry Brands
Ryan Morningstar
Bobby Telford
Brent Metcalf
Derek St. John
Kevin Dresser
Tony Ramos
Thomas Gilman
Bill Zadick
Tom Ryan
Doug Schwab
Barry Davis
Tony Ersland
Ty Eustace
Tony Cassioppi
Dan Dennis
Chad Beatty
Mike Kemerer

And probably a bunch more I didn't think to include. No excuse for these guys not being at Iowa. None. They should have just figured it out, you guys.

Apparently you glossed over this response.

Reactions: DeangeloVickers
I will remind you of the initial post, and your response:

To which I replied:

And it's still funny you cite PSU here when even they aren't able to keep everyone in the program. But Iowa can? Please...so ridiculous.
Thanks for doing the legwork to post these. Not surprisingly you don't see how clearly it proves my point. YOU are the only one saying "keep them all"! Dumbass.

• Haha
Reactions: vhsalum
Thanks for doing the legwork to post these. Not surprisingly you don't see how clearly it proves my point. YOU are the only one saying "keep them all"! Dumbass.

Never have I said that. You said it at the beginning. My point is literally the opposite--you can't keep everyone.

Do I really need to link your own post for the 4th time? You said it very plainly--good organizations figure out how to keep good people.

Perhaps that's the disconnect--you don't think most of these are good people?

Tom Brands
Terry Brands
Ryan Morningstar
Bobby Telford
Brent Metcalf
Derek St. John
Kevin Dresser
Tony Ramos
Thomas Gilman
Bill Zadick
Tom Ryan
Doug Schwab
Barry Davis
Tony Ersland
Ty Eustace
Tony Cassioppi
Dan Dennis
Chad Beatty
Mike Kemerer

Well, his theory should have included Lee.

Heart felt congratulations thread for Michael Kemerer turns p!$$!ing contest between a few posters regarding how many good people can be kept and how good is good enough to be better than what the Hawkeyes currently have.

Classic cesspool.
Seems like understandable wrestling talk to me. The Cesspool resides in Pennsylvania now.

Never have I said that. You said it at the beginning. My point is literally the opposite--you can't keep everyone.

Do I really need to link your own post for the 4th time? You said it very plainly--good organizations figure out how to keep good people.

Perhaps that's the disconnect--you don't think most of these are good people?
Jfc, you've accused me of saying that in nearly every post, when I never suggested anything close to that. Good grief dude.

Reactions: vhsalum
Jfc, you've accused me of saying that in nearly every post, when I never suggested anything close to that. Good grief dude.

Goodness. Do you not know how a message board works? It’s right there for everyone to see. I don’t know how you can keep acting like I’m making it up.

Probably my favorite Hawkeye match of recent memory other than Spencer's NCAA wins. Kemerer gets launched 10 feet in the air in the first few seconds but then he slowly and methodically starts to outwrestle Hall and by the end Hall has basically given up. You can hear Gibbons, no great fan of the program, grow in his respect of what MK accomplished that night.

Probably my favorite Hawkeye match of recent memory other than Spencer's NCAA wins. Kemerer gets launched 10 feet in the air in the first few seconds but then he slowly and methodically starts to outwrestle Hall and by the end Hall has basically given up. You can hear Gibbons, no great fan of the program, grow in his respect of what MK accomplished that night.
He picked Mark Hall apart as that match went on. A thing of beauty to watch in person!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT