ADVERTISEMENT

Kendrick Lamar/Drake beef

CRazzle

HR MVP
Jun 29, 2022
Family matters releases and Meet the Grahams comes out an hour later. Drake getting some heaters.

Believe K-dot went “back-to-back” before that, by releasing 6:16 after Euphoria (before getting a Drake reply).

Released yesterday:

6:16 (Kendrick)
Family Matter (Drake)
Meet the Grahams (Kendrick)

Confused Little Girl GIF

The video for family matters was clever and Drake definitely had some good lines in it, but I wish he would just focus on Kendrick. Like idgaf about his beef with The Weeknd, Rick Ross, or the other 5 guys he took shots at.

Meet the Grahams had probably the most disrespectful opening to a song I've heard since Hit Em Up.

I get Kendrick winning the battle right now but Drake has definitely had some moments.

I have no idea what any of these idiots are upset about because none speak proper English.

“Yo FU bc I be 🍆🔥AF dawg. Eas side bboooiiieeee!!!” Can anyone translate from Jive/Section 8 for me?

Damn, bro. These ninjas ain’t playing. They be talking about dem kids and they mommas. If you playin wit dat type fire a ninja finna get burned. We bout to found out who da real one is.

I hope I live long enough to access the unreleased Marshall beef tapes and it starts a one last culture war before I start watching Wheel of Fortune and The Voice regularly.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
I don't get it. What did Drake do or Kendrick do to start this "beef"? Isn't this how Tupac and Biggie ended up getting each other killed? I mean, if they are doing it for publicity and selling records, fair enough. But it just sounds really juvenile and stupid.

It’s a publicity deal. As an Iowan, I will always side with Drake on these things. Go Dogs

Kendrick is the best rapper alive not named Andre 3000.

Drake uses ghostwriters lol.

I don't get it. What did Drake do or Kendrick do to start this "beef"? Isn't this how Tupac and Biggie ended up getting each other killed? I mean, if they are doing it for publicity and selling records, fair enough. But it just sounds really juvenile and stupid.

Tupac wasn’t really a gangster, he was an actor. The people around Tupac were the killers. Unfortunately Biggie also had people around him that were killers. Biggie was living the life, Tupac just rapped about it.

Tupac wasn’t really a gangster, he was an actor. The people around Tupac were the killers. Unfortunately Biggie also had people around him that were killers. Biggie was living the life, Tupac just rapped about it.
My understanding is Tupac's greater project was a lot more political (focused on raising class consciousness in black community having come from background of radical* leftist black activists) and Thug Life branding was basically the way to grow his audience for that project and talk more about class issues than other rappers at the time since you couldn't go around calling yourself a radical in the 90s.

*Not using radical pejoratively here

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT