ADVERTISEMENT

Kennedy wins title, Woods and Assad 2nd at Matteo Pellicone

Todd Conner

HR MVP
Dec 23, 2004

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!

Does Kennedy qualify for an Olympic RS for 23-24 season?
No, he doesn't. Although the #3 criteria I bolded below hasn't happened yet, so I'm assuming if you place top 8 at that event and haven't wrestled attached you can still technically Olympic redshirt this upcoming season? Could be wrong on that though.

Criteria to qualify for an Olympic redshirt:

1) Past National Team members
• Top 3 from the Senior World Team Trials or Olympic Team Trials
2) Top 8 at the April 2023 Senior US Open
3) Top 8 at the December 2023 Senior US Nationals
4) Top 3 at the 2023 NCAA I Wrestling Championship
5) NCAA I Champion from a previous year AND top 2 from the 2023 U23 Nationals (must accomplish both)
6) Previous U17, U20, U23 World Medalist (UWW)

ETA: Hawks who ARE qualified for Olympic redshirts based on the criteria: Woods, Cassioppi, Assad.

Last edited:
Reactions: jrod65 and el dub
Wondering why the we have so many guys wrestling freestyle this year after years of nobody wrestling in the off season. I LOVE to see it though.

Wondering why the we have so many guys wrestling freestyle this year after years of nobody wrestling in the off season. I LOVE to see it though.

? I don't think it is any different than recent years and perhaps even less.

I really hate to disagree with you because I’m sure you’ll prove me wrong but we have had Schreiver, Woods, Rathje, Kennedy, Brands, Assad, and Cass plus a number of incoming and redshirt guys. That seems like a lot more than normal to me but I’m old so I may be misremembering so go easy on me.

I really hate to disagree with you because I’m sure you’ll prove me wrong but we have had Schreiver, Woods, Rathje, Kennedy, Brands, Assad, and Cass plus a number of incoming and redshirt guys. That seems like a lot more than normal to me but I’m old so I may be misremembering so go easy on me.
I agree with you, on top of it all the HWC actually has some guys competing. We had a stretch of very limited participation from the HWC. Nice to see the numbers!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT