ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin McCarthy says he’s willing to return as House speaker

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) said Monday that he is willing to resume serving as House speaker if enough of the Republicans who voted in favor of his ouster last week are open to his reinstatement.
“Whatever the conference wants, I will do,” McCarthy said during an interview on Hugh Hewitt’s syndicated radio program when asked about a possible return to the job.

Keeping up with politics is easy with The 5-Minute Fix Newsletter, in your inbox weekdays.

McCarthy made the comment as the House Republican conference prepared to meet for the first time since Tuesday, when eight Republicans joined all Democrats present in voting for McCarthy’s removal. At that point, McCarthy said he would not run for a leadership role again.
At a news conference after his removal, McCarthy stated plainly: “I will not run for speaker again. I’ll have the conference pick somebody else.”

Many of the Republicans were upset with McCarthy for making a government funding deal with Democrats, tipping the scale to remove him from office.

After that nimrod Gaetz has spent the weekend on the defensive - wasting the House’s time and energy. The Israel situation has created a sense of urgency which makes it look worse for that fool. His colleagues will have long memories no matter who ends up as Speaker.

He really must have no pride, just desperation now.
Donald Trump GIF by GIPHY News

The GOP is not worthy of power EVER again
Nope. They just keep getting worse and worse. Even if Home Alone regains the Speakership, what will he do with it? The one moron rule is here to stay. He will be under the thumb of pedos like Gaetz. He will be forced to keep up the impeachment charade even after it completely falls apart. And you can kiss any deals to avert another shutdown goodbye in a couple of months.

Reactions: ft254 and MitchLL
How magnanimous and gracious of him to offer to take the job back after Matt Gaetz humiliated him last week.

Reactions: EasyHawk
Get back to me after the R’s come up with a replacement.
What exactly do you think a replacement would do or not do that McCarthy would? I've asked this question 15 different ways and your only answer is Ukraine aid. Except when McCarthy had the chance to do that, he refused. Now he wants the speaker's job back IF the very folks OPPOSED TO AID FOR UKRAINE will back him.

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT