ADVERTISEMENT

KF drives me crazy but

illhawkdvv

HR MVP
Sep 10, 2008
Kirk drives me crazy many times but I can tell you for sure if he had the running back Seattle had he wouldn't have been dumb enough to through that pass.

Really? Canzeri ran all over Nebraska in drive #1 of the game and Iowa got inside the 10. Iowa proceeded to run a draw with Rudock once and then throw twice with the second pass being picked off.

Originally posted by IowaHawkeyeFBnBB4Life:
Really? Canzeri ran all over Nebraska in drive #1 of the game and Iowa got inside the 10. Iowa proceeded to run a draw with Rudock once and then throw twice with the second pass being picked off.
Mm-hmm. End of debate right there.

Originally posted by illhawkdvv:

Kirk drives me crazy many times but I can tell you for sure if he had the running back Seattle had he wouldn't have been dumb enough to through that pass.
He probably would have ran an end around with Weisman.

Originally posted by hawkeyesports92:

He probably would have ran an end around with Weisman.
He would have taken Marshawn out of the game and then run the stretch play with Weisman.

Only if he had a qb in the game that had a strong enough arm to have even put them in that position.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I dunno...KF versus Carroll inside the Five wasn't the greatest...

No, but he might be dumb enough to THROW* it...

I would agree, but Kirk doesn't call the plays, so a pass would not have surprised me at all right there. The most annoying part would have been Kirk reaffirming his confidence in Greg Davis and saying "That's Football" when asked about the result.

being an iowa fan I have a lot of training and practice in watching games with endings such as that one last night

Forgery5 posted on 2/2/2015...

Carroll is 10X the coach Kirk is, Kirk would have taken a knee!!
10 times the coach! Please elaborate on how you came to this conclusion. Since you're using math, is there an equation you can provide for us...
Kirk would have taken a knee? Can you provide an example were he has done this in the past. The best predicator for future behavior is past behavior.........
Oh, i'm sorry. Was this an exaggeration, a hyperbole, and I didn't get it........
I don't mean to be confrontational, but these inane rants serve no purpose in a civilized society or even on a message board..........
I don't speak or write much in slang, but I will say "keep it real bro".........................

Originally posted by MattFoleyHawk:

10 times the coach! Please elaborate on how you came to this conclusion. Since you're using math, is there an equation you can provide for us...
Kirk would have taken a knee? Can you provide an example were he has done this in the past. The best predicator for future behavior is past behavior.........
Oh, i'm sorry. Was this an exaggeration, a hyperbole, and I didn't get it........
I don't mean to be confrontational, but these inane rants serve no purpose in a civilized society or even on a message board..........
I don't speak or write much in slang, but I will say "keep it real bro".........................
Pretty obvious the take a knee part was a joke (and not much of a rant either)... Here i'll help

Also, don't mean to be confrontational? That is all you do in every thread
bigbangmemes.com_472_1373577842.jpg

Originally posted by Forgery5:

tumblr_lrd6a0rR621r0ojhto1_500.gif
[/URL]

tumblr_m5o3picq471rrv52p.gif
[/URL]

laughing-puppets-o.gif
[/URL]

nicolas-cage-laughing.gif
[/URL]

baby-laughing.gif
[/URL]

robert-deniro-laughing.gif
[/URL]

hyde-laughing-o.gif
[/URL]

giphy.gif
[/URL]

michael-jordan-laughing.gif
[/URL]

david-tennant-laughing-gif-tumblr-i4.gif
[/URL]

Sanford_Son_Laughing.gif
[/URL]

giphy.gif
[/URL]

Dwight-Schrute-Laughing.gif
[/URL]

dr-evil-laugh-o.gif
[/URL]

No.gif
[/URL]......No.

figured some of you would get a kick out of that. Glad I can bring so much happiness to so many. Apparantly, even numerous celebrities!!!!!!!!!!!!
The gross exaggerations do get tiresome though, and some people make those types of comments and are serious.

Worst call that I have seen in awhile. They made it to the one or half yard line and the next play they come out in shotgun. You got to be kidding? With one of the best "beast mode" running backs in the world and you don't give it to him. It was 2nd down with 20 seconds to go and a timeout. That's at least two chances giving it to Lynch to get one yard. If you give it to him twice and he doesn't make it either time, I would take the loss and hang my head high. But when you shotgun pass it from the 5, every corner in the league knew that was going to be a quick slant and the Frosh jumped the route. Ball game.

Originally posted by MattFoleyHawk:

Well, there was the time he took a knee to avoid trying to win in regulation.

Originally posted by hawkeye ball:
Worst call that I have seen in awhile. They made it to the one or half yard line and the next play they come out in shotgun. You got to be kidding? With one of the best "beast mode" running backs in the world and you don't give it to him. It was 2nd down with 20 seconds to go and a timeout. That's at least two chances giving it to Lynch to get one yard. If you give it to him twice and he doesn't make it either time, I would take the loss and hang my head high. But when you shotgun pass it from the 5, every corner in the league knew that was going to be a quick slant and the Frosh jumped the route. Ball game.
Nah there were more than 20 seconds left. That's just how much was remaining after the interception and the guy was touched down. There was over 35 seconds left and New England wasn't gonna burn a timeout, at least on that play. They probably expected Seattle to run there too..............

And the best part is there's Alabama fans (several, in fact) defending Seattle's decision to pass, and it's hilarious because they're supposedly so knowledgeable about the game with their supreme master coach imparting his wisdom on both team and fan alike. Or I guess to put it another way, these guys think they know what they're talking about.

There is no defending that play call. It's like getting to shoot technical free throws while down by 1, and intentionally missing both and then throwing the ball into the crowd on purpose so the other team can have the ball.

That is basically what the Seahawks did there. Or a better example would be Chris Weber in the '93 NCAA championship.

In his postgame press conference, where the media would have been perplexed with his stupid play call to lose the Super Bowl, Kirk would have said, "that's football. We just need to clean some things up".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT