ADVERTISEMENT

KF: "Would Not Be Happy W Replacement Game"

Kaiser_Soze

Team MVP
Oct 18, 2006
Said basically this isn't basketball and FB requires a lot of prep that they've been working on since Sunday and that it would be "disrespectful" to the game to just play another team on the fly. So agree, disagree, that's his position. Next game would be a bowl game sounds like.

Reactions: BBHawk
Disagree. If a game were scheduled today, they would have lost 2 days of prep (Mon and Tue). With a Friday game,
one day is lost, so this scenario would only be one additional prep day lost. The NFL teams are doing it, so we should be able to. He just doesn't want to and is trying to justify that.

He could pick any caliber opponent he chooses. I'm not surprised that he doesn't understand that a safe game both improves our NY6 chances, and provides a better opportunity than spring practice to evaluate the other QBs.
As it stands, we are directly heading into another season with the QB position being the least dependable position on the field.

Disagree. If a game were scheduled today, they would have lost 2 days of prep (Mon and Tue). With a Friday game,
one day is lost, so this scenario would only be one additional prep day lost. The NFL teams are doing it, so we should be able to. He just doesn't want to and is trying to justify that.

He could pick any caliber opponent he chooses. I'm not surprised that he doesn't understand that a safe game both improves our NY6 chances, and provides a better opportunity than spring practice to evaluate the other QBs.
As it stands, we are directly heading into another season with the QB position being the least dependable position on the field.

NFL teams also don’t have to worry about their classes and during the season can dedicate all of their time to the game. That’s what they’re being paid for.

Additionally this new team wasn’t on the original schedule to where the coaching staff would’ve been paying attention to them to have an idea of what to do. Getting a name on a Wednesday and trying to put something together and practiced within 3 days while taking classes is ridiculous.

Disagree. Offensively, Iowa does what they do. They could figure out on the fly how to adjust. Defensively, you can run a base defense and watch film for a couple of days and then game plan. If you don't think Iowa knows how to prepare for an Indiana or another team not in conference you've got another thing coming.

Reactions: szohn
Respect the mans opinion, he might have already talked to his players about this option, my guess is we would of seen some of our guys opt out for this game anyhow. Wouldn’t be surprised to see more than a handful opt out for a bowl game.

Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
People The only thng that matters to Big10 is OSU's playoff resume! ,,, Make Sure Indiana doesn't lose!

Everyone knows that Iowa never should have been paired with Michigan in the first place. Altering the original plans, where number twos should have played....then suddenly we get all these strange convoluted pairings....and why wouldn't they take into account the fact that Michigan could not be trusted to field a team?

Because the Big10 has been changing every plan laid out at the start of this season and bending over backwards to try and get the best playoff resume for OSU. No one else matters now.... Their playoff resume is iffy at best...and would surely taken a devastating hit if their only "signature" win of their measly schedule Indiana got their butts stomped by Iowa....which let's face it...Iowa is most improved team in big10 right now and looks better than Indiana.

People The only thng that matters to Big10 is OSU's playoff resume! ,,, Make Sure Indiana doesn't lose!

Everyone knows that Iowa never should have been paired with Michigan in the first place. Altering the original plans, where number twos should have played....then suddenly we get all these strange convoluted pairings....and why wouldn't they take into account the fact that Michigan could not be trusted to field a team?

Because the Big10 has been changing every plan laid out at the start of this season and bending over backwards to try and get the best playoff resume for OSU. No one else matters now.... Their playoff resume is iffy at best...and would surely taken a devastating hit if their only "signature" win of their measly schedule Indiana got their butts stomped by Iowa....which let's face it...Iowa is most improved team in big10 right now and looks better than Indiana.
Honestly at this point I hope Fitz finds lightning in a bottle and takes down OSU. I’m so sick of hearing about their playoff resume....would love to see them at home after NY6 gets cancelled

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
Chances are pretty good that unless all bowl bound schools are quarantined right now and remain quarantined through Christmas (they won’t), we might have seen the last of Iowa football for the season. If every player goes home for Christmas and sees family, like I would expect, every team is going to have positives by New Year’s Day.

Too close to bowl game now. Can't prep in 2 days. And it is Dec 15 already with bowls probably coming out Sunday night???

Can we just play Wisconsin one more time? Prep deal solved. And we just stay on a roll and beat those cheese curds.

Reactions: iahawks10
BYU had the guts to play @ Coastal Carolina. The game was scheduled on Thursday and played on Saturday, and it was one of the most entertaining games of the season. But that's not how KF rolls.

It is finals week for 1. We are at Dec 15 already. Bowl selections I believe come out Sunday evening at which point all prep starts with those. Only team really we have prepped for is Wisconsin so we just play them again?

No one outside the conference. That was set back when Nebraska was going rogue and the BT office kicked them in the shorts.

Said basically this isn't basketball and FB requires a lot of prep that they've been working on since Sunday and that it would be "disrespectful" to the game to just play another team on the fly. So agree, disagree, that's his position. Next game would be a bowl game sounds like.
Tell that to BYU.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
I respect Kirk's thoughts but if given the opportunity, you play any game you can get within safety protocols. I'm sure there are kids on this team begging for two more games.

NFL teams also don’t have to worry about their classes and during the season can dedicate all of their time to the game. That’s what they’re being paid for.

Additionally this new team wasn’t on the original schedule to where the coaching staff would’ve been paying attention to them to have an idea of what to do. Getting a name on a Wednesday and trying to put something together and practiced within 3 days while taking finals is ridiculous.
FIFY

Disagree Iowa ind Saturday at 3....get done

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT