ADVERTISEMENT

Kia recalls 462,000 vehicles

Kia made the decision to recall the vehicles on May 29, NHTSA documents published Friday show, after receiving reports of one under-seat fire and six incidents of localized melting in the seat tilt motor between August 2022 and March 2024.

At least they are recalling them now and not pulling a GM and despite knowing there was a problem doing nothing about it.

Reactions: Moral
I have a friend that has one of these and the dealer told them last month that they had no solution for it and to park it in his driveway, 20' from the house, in case it starts on fire. His response was basically, 'you idiots are trying to get my car stolen' and the dealer pretty much told them he would be happier if it happened.

I have a friend that has one of these and the dealer told them last month that they had no solution for it and to park it in his driveway, 20' from the house, in case it starts on fire. His response was basically, 'you idiots are trying to get my car stolen' and the dealer pretty much told them he would be happier if it happened.
No offense, but that seems kind of dramatic. They have a fix and to date, there’s been 1 car that’s actually started on fire.

Reactions: joelbc1
I’m a member of a civic board and we get monthly reports from our area police commander. Every month they report on crime by category…car thefts of Kia and Hyundai are the leaders in that category. Finally last month they just said “folks if y’all have one of these just sell ‘em!
Or park in the garage overnight.

I thought people stopped buying KIAs because they refused to fix the theft problem.

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT