ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Kicker Drew Stevens headed to Iowa

If he can consistently put the ball into the end zone on kickoffs, he could become a great asset for the Hawks. He seems to have a good leg and will get better with time and coaching.

Let me ask you this - is it THAT big of a deal for someone to be mildly disappointed our big weekend only yielded a preferred walk-on kicker?

And no, just because I posted what I posted doesn’t mean I think the sky is falling.
Some of the kids were already scheduled to make announcements later. I think one is July 7. Should they just change those?

Let me ask you this - is it THAT big of a deal for someone to be mildly disappointed our big weekend only yielded a preferred walk-on kicker?

And no, just because I posted what I posted doesn’t mean I think the sky is falling.
It is only Monday?

We’ve landed a kicker following the big weekend.

#Winning

tenor.gif

#kickersmatter

You can be both happy we have a kicker and disappointed in where we currently are in the recruiting cycle. Those are not mutually exclusive. You have to be chugging black and gold koolaid to think this class is going to end up in the 20s or better and with a smaller size might not make the 30s.

You can be both happy we have a kicker and disappointed in where we currently are in the recruiting cycle. Those are not mutually exclusive. You have to be chugging black and gold koolaid to think this class is going to end up in the 20s or better and with a smaller size might not make the 30s.
Yeah not sure who was expecting solid recruiting classes b2b years, especially with last summer mixed in. Back to the more Ferentz like 35-45 range I'd guess

The answer is yes and I feel a lot better have placing him on ignore. He's a miserable human being.
Ahhhhaaaaahahahaha. Jonesy, your sensitivity level is just so darn cute. I’m sorry.

I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. Really really sorry.

I hope my future posts don’t scar you as badly.

Reactions: weeterkane
No, no no you cannot express disappointment - even in the most mild-mannered way.

If he can put it 4-6 yards deep in the end zone, that decreases the chance of a return for 6. If the naysayers are worried, he isn’t on scholarship, yet.

Great, but can he punt. In all seriousness, kicking/punting is a huge part of the game especially in Iowa’s case. It’s good to have good/great kickers/punters on the roster. Of course I’m a little biased towards the kicking game with my son being one.

If he can consistently put the ball into the end zone on kickoffs, he could become a great asset for the Hawks. He seems to have a good leg and will get better with time and coaching.

If he can put it 4-6 yards deep in the end zone, that decreases the chance of a return for 6. If the naysayers are worried, he isn’t on scholarship, yet.

Is it really better to always get the automatic touchback though? I realize teams can fair catch (and maybe that changes everything) but I’d think the “ideal” kickoff is really high, would have to be fielded around the 5 yard line, and due to the hang time the returner has no where to really go… I guess that’s just going to lead to a different method of touchback = fair catch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT