ADVERTISEMENT

Kim Reynolds is an idiot

Her answer to that question was perfectly fine IMO. I replied similarly to a post last night here on HROT that had a national "map" showing Iowa as a "No Action" state. That just simply is not true. No schools are in session, 100,000 Iowans have lost their jobs, virtually every social activity and sporting event has been scuttled, etc, etc. That IS NOT "No Action".

Her answer to that question was perfectly fine IMO. I replied similarly to a post last night here on HROT that had a national "map" showing Iowa as a "No Action" state. That just simply is not true. No schools are in session, 100,000 Iowans have lost their jobs, virtually every social activity and sporting event has been scuttled, etc, etc. That IS NOT "No Action".

Dr. Fauci is right.

Kim is wrong.

Half-ass measures will not suffice.

Being that the federal government has been MIA for the states I have some sympathy for most of the governors. I do believe she is at least in some small portion making decisions from a stand point of using science to factor into them. Do I agree with everything she has done, no. This statement however calls her decision making into question. I would hope a “clarification” will be forthcoming.

I heard on IPR this morning about a horse auction yesterday that drew 500 people. I can’t remember the county. They supposedly had some people on site checking people out, and turned some away. But, that’s some stupid right there.

Does anyone think that Fauci or anyone at the Federal level knows or cares enough to look closely at Iowa’s data?

Reynolds, like Trump... knows more than the Doctors.

How did you guys like her response to the reporters's question regarding the petition signed by the Board of Medicine?

You know damn well she's read it. Saying otherwise, when you have all the information at your fingertips, is beyond dishonest.

I would bet my right nut that she read it and just didn't have a prepared answer to the petition.

Horses can’t carry Covid-19. You’re as dumb as Dr. Fauci.
giphy.gif

Reynolds, like Trump... knows more than the Doctors.

How did you guys like her response to the reporters's question regarding the petition signed by the Board of Medicine?

You know damn well she's read it. Saying otherwise, when you have all the information at your fingertips, is beyond dishonest.

I would bet my right nut that she read it and just didn't have a prepared answer to the petition.
She’s probably read it, just hasn’t received the official report. ;)

Being that the federal government has been MIA for the states I have some sympathy for most of the governors. I do believe she is at least in some small portion making decisions from a stand point of using science to factor into them. Do I agree with everything she has done, no. This statement however calls her decision making into question. I would hope a “clarification” will be forthcoming.
They have daily calls with the governors.

You are conflating the issue. Reynolds did not say one thing wrong there, you are not thinking clearly.

Dude, the Iowa Board of Medicine unanimously agreed Iowa needs to go to SIP. This is not just Dr. Fauci.

This is not just about Iowa. In order for the curve to be flattened ASAP, all states need to cooperate. This should have been done two weeks ago.

And yes, the national guard should be called into big cities to enforce this.

I was you through last week then it was obvious a SIP needed to be ordered.
Yeah my tune has changed the last few days. I still think many governors have been hung out to dry by the feds. But if there’s no difference between SIP and what we have now (and there doesn’t seem to be), I’m not sure what she’s waiting for to issue the SIP. People will follow it or they won’t.

What a load of effing shite this is. Some of you really are unbelievably dumb. Example number 1 why ballot harvesting can't happen. There's 5-10 dorks in here that have no right to be voting, and I doubt they have the ability to without someone holding their hand.
Well, we know you aren't voting because felons...

And yes, being ignorant is a felony on HROT.

Yeah my tune has changed the last few days. I still think many governors have been hung out to dry by the feds. But if there’s no difference between SIP and what we have now (and there doesn’t seem to be), I’m not sure what she’s waiting for to issue the SIP. People will follow it or they won’t.
Maybe she saw the poll on this forum asking which State would be the last and she wants Iowa to be an *** when history is written.

What a load of effing shite this is. Some of you really are unbelievably dumb. Example number 1 why ballot harvesting can't happen. There's 5-10 dorks in here that have no right to be voting, and I doubt they have the ability to without someone holding their hand.

I’m going to reply to you with part of your own post.

What a load of effing shite this is. Some of you really are unbelievably dumb.

Her entire response was a strawman. How defensive does she have to be to take a recommendation of enacting a shelter-in-place as an accusation of "doing nothing"?

Dude, the Iowa Board of Medicine unanimously agreed Iowa needs to go to SIP. This is not just Dr. Fauci.

This is not just about Iowa. In order for the curve to be flattened ASAP, all states need to cooperate. This should have been done two weeks ago.

And yes, the national guard should be called into big cities to enforce this.

Dude...a minute ago you were blasting her for not agreeing with Fauci...now, when confronted with your inaccuracies, you neatly switch to another subject.

Go back and look at the text of the exchange. I don't think you know want a strawman argument is. Her answer there was fine.

"I don't understand why (shelter-in-place is) not happening," Fauci said. "But if you look at what's going on in this country, I just don't understand why we're not doing that."

"Maybe (Fauci) doesn't have all the information," Reynolds said. "You can't just look at a map and assume that no action has been taken. That is completely false."

Where does he assume "no action has been taken"?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT