ADVERTISEMENT

Kirk Cousins leaving Minnesota?

Sounds like he will tell the Vikings his plans tonight.

I say move on. Sign Sam Darnold as a bridge guy and trade up for Drake Maye.

Skol!
willy-wonka.gif

Good for Baker, but it is crazy that 33 million per is considered a team-friendly deal for a QB
Yeah, I was expecting him to get less than $20mil a year. I think $33mil/year is overpaying quite a bit for him. He’ll give them a shot at the playoffs, but that’s his ceiling imo.

Reactions: NoleinATL
Love Kirk, but the days of him getting fully guaranteed contracts should be over. As a Vikings fan, I'd love to move up and get one of the top 3 QB but that doesn't seem very realistic right now.

Back to QB purgatory we go, ugh
Yeah I was kinda hoping he’d be over the days of getting max amount of dollars and want to come back to a team he was familiar with and try and save them some money to get other players.
Guess I was wrong and he’s still all about the Benjamin’s.

I’m scared about what they are going to bring in to replace him. It was clear last year that it wasn’t someone on last years roster.

For some weird reason I wouldn’t mind seeing them go after Justin Fields. I don’t think the bears got the most out of his potential. Plus he’s still only 25.

Call me a commie if you want, but I honestly think it’s gross for one person to have that much damn money.
Kirk is devout Christian. How dare you question god's will? He is just following the scripture's teachings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moral
Call me a commie if you want, but I honestly think it’s gross for one person to have that much damn money.
In terms of what he’s gotten paid versus his career accomplishments Cousins might be the most overrated quarterback I’ve ever seen.

At some point I keep think this salary cap bubble for the NFL has to burst, right?

Reactions: Thunderlips71
Damn, that is a lot of money to pay for Kirk coming off an Achilles injury.
That said, he is probably the best QB in the division, admittedly not a high bar, so playoffs are possible next year.

Last edited:
if I were a Vikings fan, I would volunteer to pay for his plane ticket to Atlanta. The guy sucks. People are sh!tting on the Steelers for signing Russell Wilson, but it is a zero risk move. Steelers only have to pay him $1.2 million and it's a one-year deal. I would take him over Cousins all day, even if he is a diva.

It’s just an astounding amount for 1) guy coming off injury, 2) turns 36 before next season and 3) has 1 playoff win?

agreed, and while the cap increased this year, the Falcons, with this signing, will likely find themselves in the worst position in the NFL, becoming a mediocre team. That leads to no high draft picks and somewhere between 7 and 10 wins and maybe a playoff bid to get drilled by really good teams.

Reactions: sober_teacher
if I were a Vikings fan, I would volunteer to pay for his plane ticket to Atlanta. The guy sucks. People are sh!tting on the Steelers for signing Russell Wilson, but it is a zero risk move. Steelers only have to pay him $1.2 million and it's a one-year deal. I would take him over Cousins all day, even if he is a diva.
^This. I cursed to the heavens to Kirk’s God the day I heard the Vikings picked him up. I’ve never liked the guy one bit. Now I’m happier, even if the Vikings don’t sniff the playoffs for years to come, at least we are rid of Cousins.

I've seen nothing but A grades for the Steelers signing of Wilson.

First it was Cleveland that said hold my beer, then it was the Jets that said hold my six pack, now it’s Atlanta saying hold my case of beer!

That’s crazy money for a guy on the backside of his career coming off of a serious injury where they don’t know if he will be able to play like he used to or with any mobility which has regressed as he has gotten older. This move should age well.

In terms of what he’s gotten paid versus his career accomplishments Cousins might be the most overrated quarterback I’ve ever seen.

At some point I keep think this salary cap bubble for the NFL has to burst, right?
Eh, when’s the last time a QB on the cheap won a Super Bowl? It’s been a while….

Eh, when’s the last time a QB on the cheap won a Super Bowl? It’s been a while….
I’m just referring to the salary cap just going up and up. That just can’t continue.

Cousins is a good quarterback, he’s not winning Super Bowl.

Kirk Cousins is like Kirk Ferentz: parlaying slightly above-average results into top dollar salary. Glad the Vikings are rid of him.
The Bears could have gotten peak Kirk Cousins for $10 million back when they decided to pay Cutler. That was the only time he made sense.

I’d rather have Jameis on the Vikings for $15m/1 and use the money elsewhere.

The Vikings used that money they saved by not signing Cousins and crushed it today by signing some stud defensive guys.

Also sounds like they are going to sign former Packers RB Aaron Jones.

Now get Sam Darnold as your bridge QB and trade up for Maye or McCarthy!

Cousins was a twit who needed everything around him to be perfect. 6 years and 1 playoff win that’s not good. He has inflated passing numbers in a pass happy league but wasn’t a winner. Glad to move on and see what O’Connell can do with his QB.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT