ADVERTISEMENT

Kolar For ISU Coming Back

He somehow convinced guys to forego their pro career to come back. Pretty crazy actually. Especially with risk of injury. They have him Eisworth, Foster, Hummel and one of their senior DL all coming back. All starters. Eisworth and Kolar are draft picks.

Eisworth and Foster will be 6th year guys too.

Should be a battle in Ames next season.

Eisworth has been all-conference three years.
For those of you keeping track, at this point on offense all 11 starters and 9 backups are returning. On defense, 8 starters have said they'll be back. The placekicker -- who is good inside 40 yards -- is also coming back.

Expectations are going to be off the charts. Which means angst after the first loss also will be off the charts.

For those of you keeping track, at this point on offense all 11 starters and 9 backups are returning. On defense, 8 starters have said they'll be back. The placekicker -- who is good inside 40 yards -- is also coming back.

Expectations are going to be off the charts. Which means angst after the first loss also will be off the charts.
Welcome to the world of expectations and college football in Iowa....... :(

Or he could get njured and go undrafted.

certainly could.. but given all the kids the play football, play their senior year, and get drafted the probability is on the side of he will make it to the draft without any significant injury. Ultimately its his choice.

The best part about ANF is that when Hayden did it he did so because isu had so little National appeal that had they tried to do no one outside of the clown fan base would have known about it. .
You serious Clark? ANF had nothing to do with ISU!

Reactions: HerkyFan

Luckily L #1 will be September 11 2021.

#ANF. Am I right? Or is that only when it's convenient for helmet stickers?

ANF, short for America Needs Farmers, is a testament to coach Hayden Fry's commitment to Hawkeyes players, fans, and all of Iowa to showcase the importance and strength of farmers, even during the hardships of the Farm Crisis of the 1980s. ANF was, and is, a program to recognize the importance of farmers in Iowa and across America.

There is nothing wrong or self-serving about the University of Iowa (or its football program) acknowledging what farming means to the state of in terms of cultural and economic significance and by connection what it means to the countless Iowa Hawkeyes football players and fans who have rural, farming backgrounds. Truth be told, however, it is clearly Iowa State University that largely helps advance agriculture and cultivate the next wave of farmers through its premier agricultural education programs. The MooU moniker is just a fun pet name. It's akin to an older sibling calling a younger sibling "Shrimp" in the fact it's meant to be endearing, not demeaning.

Kolar is a beast and not sure that coming back for another year will ultimately help his draft stock since speed is his knock. As a RS Junior he's not suddenly going to improve in this capacity. His return, then, can be compared to Luka Garza wanting to return, not to improve draft stock but to be part of something special with the program as ISU will likely be a preseason Top 10 team next year. That's perfectly commendable and we Hawkeyes fans obviously pour shots when a stud player foregoes early entry into the draft to return for another season.

That said... Ferentz and Co. have a pretty well-defined approach to helping players decide whether returning or going pro is in their best interest. It is, as far as we can see, always about what it best for the player (not that Iowa coaches don't love it when guys choose to return). I can't help but wonder if Campbell and his staff are advising their best players with the PLAYER'S true best interests in mind right now, or if they are really selling the "chance to be part of something special" narrative a bit harder this off season.

Reactions: Fsanford
I said it a month ago and I’ll say it again: this upcoming college football season has a chance to be some of the highest quality ball we’ve seen in decades due to the depth of lineups and the experience factor that we may never see again.

Reactions: AnyOneButYou
For the kid’s sake, I hope the Iowa State staff didn’t encourage him to come back. That’s putting a lot of risk on the kid’s career for their own selfish reasons.

The Iowa staff actually encourages players to leave early when their stock is high.

Reactions: Bobhaywood
For the kid’s sake, I hope the Iowa State staff didn’t encourage him to come back. That’s putting a lot of risk on the kid’s career for their own selfish reasons.

The Iowa staff actually encourages players to leave early when their stock is high.
Matt Campbell has always encouraged his players to leave early if they have the chance.

Reactions: CyRail

Anybody returning that has every beaten iowa?

Or he could get injured and go undrafted.
It's entirely possible that his ultimate goal is not playing in the NFL. He graduated early (with a 3.9) in mechanical engineering. Both his parents are college professors. I'm not saying he wouldn't play pro ball; I imagine he would if he got the chance. I'm just saying that I doubt it's a lifetime goal of his.

ISU will be wearing stickers for Iowa that say: America Needs Another Lawyer. ANAL

• Haha
Reactions: foxb
He somehow convinced guys to forego their pro career to come back. Pretty crazy actually. Especially with risk of injury. They have him Eisworth, Foster, Hummel and one of their senior DL all coming back. All starters. Eisworth and Kolar are draft picks.
If only Iowa could do that so they could win championships too.........................................

certainly could.. but given all the kids the play football, play their senior year, and get drafted the probability is on the side of he will make it to the draft without any significant injury. Ultimately its his choice.
If you are good enough to be in the top 4 rounds playing a 6th season makes no since. You only have so many plays in the body so why waste one of those years

ISU will be wearing stickers for Iowa that say: America Needs Another Lawyer. ANAL

Hey Zella the Cella Dwella, have the clowns won an outright football conference championship yet or is isu still 0 for their entire history?

Link?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT